KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Libertarian

Libertarian
Started by: Raisen

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Raisen
women are the ones with emotions dude. as a man, one of our greatest assets is the ability to separate emotions from what needs to be done.

you just wrote a huge paragraph full of feels. it's unnecessary
This is one of the most ignorant things I've ever read on KMC, wow. Impressive.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 04:36 PM
|King Joker| is currently offline Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raisen

it's ignorant to think we are so different than other mammals. life is simple. and you're only responding this way because you take offense to it. people only take offense to things that hold some truth.

be real

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 04:37 PM
Raisen is currently offline Click here to Send Raisen a Private Message Find more posts by Raisen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scribble

people are different. you are more effeminate of a man. that's just the way it is. I'm not trying to insult you either
Can't deny that, and it's mostly worked okay for me so far, so I guess that's that

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 04:38 PM
Scribble is currently offline Click here to Send Scribble a Private Message Find more posts by Scribble Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raisen

Originally posted by Scribble
Can't deny that, and it's mostly worked okay for me so far, so I guess that's that

yeah. if it's natural then it is what it is. only problem is when people get too emotional and don't want to be honest.
can't make progress if we can't speak honestly

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 04:39 PM
Raisen is currently offline Click here to Send Raisen a Private Message Find more posts by Raisen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scribble

it's ignorant to think we are so different than other mammals. life is simple. and you're only responding this way because you take offense to it. people only take offense to things that hold some truth.

be real
I think our emotional capacity is what separates us, though. We could be simple animals sure, but we could also be so much more, and that's what fascinates me.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 04:39 PM
Scribble is currently offline Click here to Send Scribble a Private Message Find more posts by Scribble Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Emperordmb
I have a lot of respect for libertarianism, but I consider myself more of a centrist classical liberal, and I will remain a classical liberal even regardless of if I shift left or right in the future, because there are some things in progressivism I can actually respect (such as legalizing gay marriage), aspects of conservatism I find myself agreement such as the significance of certain traditions such as the constitution and marriage and the importance of the social fabric, and certain aspects and practices of libertarianism such as the government not regulating my social life, however regardless of how far left or right I am my perspective will always be informed through the lens of upholding liberal principles and values, rather than through the lens of social equality, traditionalism, or the point of view that the government needs to be as minimized as possible
mah man thumb up

I'll pass. I'd rather live an emotional and disordered life than a more successful one devoid of emotion. Where's the point succeeding if you won't be happy to enjoy it? Seems pretty shit to me, but you guys do you.

Also, logic is omnipresent in the animal world, and emotions aren't universal, so sorry Kurk, you're dead wrong there. Being logical is easy. Being emotional is easy. Being both and balancing both, now there's a challenge.

Then you'll be pushed around by anyone exploits your weakness.

Where else can we find critical thinking in the biological world?

I will say that balancing emotions and logic is necessary to be practical in the real world, as the general population is limited to how much they can embrace rationalism.

And no, I prefer stable relationships over promiscuity as well as working productively for long-term goals over mindless leisurely activities—all for rational reasons.

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 04:40 PM
Kurk is currently offline Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raisen

I think our emotional capacity is what separates us, though. We could be simple animals sure, but we could also be so much more, and that's what fascinates me.

but we get so far out from the basics we create unnecessary problems with these emotions. we have people thinking and feeling their way to suicide and all sorts of weird sexual disorders etc. what other animal kills itself in anywhere near the numbers we do?

we are a sexually dimorphic mammal. men are generally bigger and stronger for a reason.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 04:42 PM
Raisen

marketing and war.

there's always a measured person using male emotion to get wealthy or get people to risk their lives. people need to break free of these mental constraints.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 04:43 PM
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by |King Joker|
This is one of the most ignorant things I've ever read on KMC, wow. Impressive.
Despite the black-and-white logic there, it is a fact.

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 04:44 PM
Kurk is currently offline Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raisen

Originally posted by Kurk

yep. simple truths dismissed for feelings. this is how masses are controlled and society is screwed up

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 04:45 PM
Raisen

look at the guys profile. it explains why he took personal offense.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 04:48 PM
Scribble

mah man thumb up

Then you'll be pushed around by anyone exploits your weakness.

Where else can we find critical thinking in the biological world?

I will say that balancing emotions and logic is necessary to be practical in the real world, as the general population is limited to how much they can embrace rationalism.

And no, I prefer stable relationships over promiscuity as well as working productively for long-term goals over mindless leisurely activities—all for rational reasons.
Not if I know my weaknesses. Self-awareness is key. To be overly emotional and unaware of the result of that is a bad sign for personal development, but if you know yourself well enough, you can make yourself more resistant to manipulation or coercion. You build armour. You don't let people see your weaknesses, either. I'm a fairly unstable person emotionally for whatever reason, but nobody knows it - I apply my mask every day and so people think I'm a generally well-rounded person. I take charge with natural ease, and never let people see the pressure getting to me, and I deliver results with expertise, and nobody will ever know that all the time, I was an overflowing mess of emotions, always on the edge of snapping. That's a big part of the balancing act. Self-awareness is far more important than almost anything else in life, imo.

Also, being empathetic can help vastly in the world. So you don't want to be held responsible for hurting someone's feelings? Sure, go ahead and insult them or say whatever you want to say. But there's a lot to gain from mincing one's words. You can gain the support of enemies through empathy, you can make people like you enough to promote you by reading and understanding people. Psychopaths do it whilst faking it. I do the same thing, except I happen to be genuine. The end result is the same.

Critical thinking can be found in many parts of the biological world, in the ways that animals hunt and forage. If a gazelle is running in a semi-circle to shake of its pursuer, the lion takes a straight path instead of keeping on its tail and catches its prey. Apes use tools to open nuts too difficult to smash open with a rock. Etc. It's everywhere.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 04:50 PM
Raisen

Not if I know my weaknesses. Self-awareness is key. To be overly emotional and unaware of the result of that is a bad sign for personal development, but if you know yourself well enough, you can make yourself more resistant to manipulation or coercion. You build armour. You don't let people see your weaknesses, either. I'm a fairly unstable person emotionally for whatever reason, but nobody knows it - I apply my mask every day and so people think I'm a generally well-rounded person. I take charge with natural ease, and never let people see the pressure getting to me, and I deliver results with expertise, and nobody will ever know that all the time, I was an overflowing mess of emotions, always on the edge of sapping. That's a big part of the balancing act. Self-awareness is far more important than almost anything else in life, imo.

Also, being empathetic can help vastly in the world. So you don't want to be held responsible for hurting someone's feelings? Sure, go ahead and insult them or say whatever you want to say. But there's a lot to gain from mincing one's words. You can gain the support of enemies through empathy, you can make people like you enough to promote you by reading and understanding people. Psychopaths do it whilst faking it. I do the same thing, except I happen to be genuine. The end result is the same.

Critical thinking can be found in many parts of the biological world, in the ways that animals hunt and forage. If a gazelle is running in a semi-circle to shake of its pursuer, the lion takes a straight path instead of keeping on its tail and catches its prey. Apes use tools to open nuts too difficult to smash open with a rock. Etc. It's everywhere.

yeah. critical thinking to ensure they eat or survive dude.

these wild feeling we get from our big beautiful brains leads to a lot of problems. keep it simple.

being in control of your emotions eventually leads to forgoing the unnecessary and imagined problems. it leads to mental freedom and happiness with a lot less petty problems

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 04:53 PM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
Classical liberalism(which is a form of libertarianism) is just fine and dandy.

thumb up

Ancap, on the other hand, is insane.

thumb up thumb up thumb up thumb up thumb up

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 04:55 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scribble

yeah. critical thinking to ensure they eat or survive dude.

these wild feeling we get from our big beautiful brains leads to a lot of problems. keep it simple.

being in control of your emotions eventually leads to forgoing the unnecessary and imagined problems. it leads to mental freedom and happiness with a lot less petty problems
What else do they have to do but eat and survive (and rut, which they also use critical thinking for)? They're applying critical thinking to their lives. What's the difference?

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 04:56 PM
Raisen

What else do they have to do but eat and survive (and rut, which they also use critical thinking for)? They're applying critical thinking to their lives. What's the difference?

the difference is that we humans have all but mastered any and all threats. our advanced brains now have fiddle time to create self destructive emotions and behaviors that conflict with our basic needs. your emotions that you give sway to are completely unnecessary yet you are smart enough to rationalize yourself into a tiff. it's destructive. 99% percent of the world's bs is privileged people emoting themselves into problems.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 04:59 PM
RHaggis
The Jammy Bastard

Despite my previous post, in reality I would probably class myself as some form of light-minarchist currently. I do think we should have a pretty limited government, though on certain issues and policies I may take a more Conservative or (less often) Liberal approach - depending on said issue.

However, mostly, in my view, the purpose of the state is to protect and ensure the liberties of the individual and their private property. I might be willing to allow some exceptions, but as a general rule I think this is more reasonable.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 05:05 PM
RHaggis is currently offline Click here to Send RHaggis a Private Message Find more posts by RHaggis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RHaggis
The Jammy Bastard

Ancap, on the other hand, is insane.

B-b-but what if the child consents?

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 05:06 PM
RHaggis is currently offline Click here to Send RHaggis a Private Message Find more posts by RHaggis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raisen

Originally posted by RHaggis
Despite my previous post, in reality I would probably class myself as some form of light-minarchist currently. I do think we should have a pretty limited government, though on certain issues and policies I may take a more Conservative or (less often) Liberal approach - depending on said issue.

However, mostly, in my view, the purpose of the state is to protect and ensure the liberties of the individual and their private property. I might be willing to allow some exceptions, but as a general rule I think this is more reasonable.

yeah. pretty much

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 05:06 PM
Scribble

the difference is that we humans have all but mastered any and all threats. our advanced brains now have fiddle time to create self destructive emotions and behaviors that conflict with our basic needs. your emotions that you give sway to are completely unnecessary yet you are smart enough to rationalize yourself into a tiff. it's destructive. 99% percent of the world's bs is privileged people emoting themselves into problems.
I'd say there's far more poverty, death and illness (real, serious threats) caused by selfish rich people than overly emotional people, though.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 05:10 PM