KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Dark

Dark
Started by: jaden101

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Dark

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 12:30 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Watched the first 8 episodes today. Very, very good, similar to a lot of European crime drama in the isolated setting and intertwining lives of the people. Reminds me of Stranger Things but that wears off after about 5 episodes. The show has a bit more to get your head around than I had anticipated but it's really interesting and they help you to connect the dots through the use of photographs.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 10:06 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Astral Shaman

quote: (post)
Originally posted by samhain
Watched the first 8 episodes today. Very, very good, similar to a lot of European crime drama in the isolated setting and intertwining lives of the people. Reminds me of Stranger Things but that wears off after about 5 episodes. The show has a bit more to get your head around than I had anticipated but it's really interesting and they help you to connect the dots through the use of photographs.

I agree, I just started watching this series. It's interesting.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2018 04:17 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech

Originally posted by samhain
Reminds me of Stranger Things but that wears off after about 5 episodes.

Yeah, my wife and i were watching this because she had heard about it and it just felt like a Stranger Things rip off. I mean, ridiculous. Even 80s music and whatnot. So I quit after 4 or 5 episodes. It was really well done and all, I just lost interest.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2018 07:04 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Astral Shaman

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Yeah, my wife and i were watching this because she had heard about it and it just felt like a Stranger Things rip off. I mean, ridiculous. Even 80s music and whatnot. So I quit after 4 or 5 episodes. It was really well done and all, I just lost interest.

I got that vibe at first, but it has worn off by the 4th episode. It has stuff in common in terms of trying to tap into nostalgia and the 80s, but the plot of dark becomes far more complicated as it goes on.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2018 08:48 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by Surtur
I got that vibe at first, but it has worn off by the 4th episode. It has stuff in common in terms of trying to tap into nostalgia and the 80s, but the plot of dark becomes far more complicated as it goes on.
Yeah I like all the intricacies and twists that are set up and hinted at for episodes beforehand. This show is great so far, though it has no fun factor to break away from the constant bleakness (which is a plus for me).

Also, this show isn't all that similar to Stranger Things at all IMO.

PWNT

Old Post Jan 27th, 2018 11:05 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote