KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Possible reason liberals believe men are sexist, racist, misogynist pigs

Possible reason liberals believe men are sexist, racist, misogynist pigs
Started by: Sable

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Digi
Forum Leader

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sable
Digi you are just as much to blame with the Rape thing as Raisen, you Brought it up first to avoid the actual issue. When it wasnt going your way, you brought in this nonsense.

No argument. Topics morph, and it's not TOO tangential a jump. But it was a response to rape culture comments. I had no intention of veering the topic that direction when I popped in originally.

I'll leave it be, now. Have a good weekend!

Originally posted by Digi
Would you like to give a reasoned answer to my earlier question, or just repeat your narrative again...

Originally posted by Raisen
perspective is feelings dude. facts are facts.

lmao

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 07:59 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raisen

No argument. Topics morph, and it's not TOO tangential a jump. But it was a response to rape culture comments. I had no intention of veering the topic that direction when I popped in originally.

I'll leave it be, now. Have a good weekend!

lmao

what was your question? you type so much stuff at once I missed it.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 07:59 PM
Raisen is currently offline Click here to Send Raisen a Private Message Find more posts by Raisen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Can we please stop talking about rape. This has nothing to do with the topic.

-----------------------------------------

Back on topic please

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 08:06 PM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raisen

This is a valid response to my posts in this thread, but I'm very much about approaching topics empirically in general. And I wouldn't discount stats in this discussion, though it can occasionally be hard to analyze methodology and source without a deeper dive.

So, stepping back a second because my responses have also been in response to Surt and Sable, not you until now. Some of the %s you cite are far too high to be acceptable. So that's a problem, and one that I'd happily agree can be overstated to draw incorrect conclusions on either side.

But there are also topics where a subjective observation can inform empirical ones. Is it possible that rape stats can be grossly misrepresented due to false allegations, AND we have societal issues with our treatment toward women that make them more fearful and give them less freedom? The two need not be mutually exclusive.

We may not be in much disagreement here, tbh. You just caught my responses before I had addressed your own.

we don't have societal issues with how we treat women by and large. I believe in recent times women generally are treated as do no wrong princesses and men are generally vilified. for the last few decades men are depicted in media as fat retards and women are depicted as wonder women who hold everything together. makes sense considering that women buy most of the stuff so marketing will be friendly to them.
hope that answers your question. I missed this question earlier.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 08:12 PM
Raisen is currently offline Click here to Send Raisen a Private Message Find more posts by Raisen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Raisen
I predicted the sarcasm. but dude, rape is terrible...it really is. but these "wars"...they are just to rile people up to manipulate them. that's really the point man.

I provide evidence. it's right there. so why not discuss it like an adult?

Don't take it personal, but I can't take the MRA (men's rights activism) stuff and related stuff seriously. Like I can't help but laugh when white hetero males (I know, not you) complain how no one has it harder than them in America. The very 'snowflakery' they often accuse others of.

Similar when people complain that their Christianity is being attacked and repressed, when it's the prominent and undisputed dominant religion in this country and is so powerful it has its own rather massive lobby in our government trying to make laws based on it. Jews, Muslims, Hindus etc, can't say that.

But sure, I could have just ignored it and not responded with sarcasm, so my bad.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Oct 6th, 2017 at 08:16 PM

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 08:13 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raisen

Originally posted by Robtard
Don't take it personal, but I can't take the MRA (men's rights activism) stuff and related stuff seriously. Like I can't help but laugh when white hetero males (I know, not you) complain how no one has it harder than them in America. The very 'snowflakery' they often accuse others of.

Similar when people complain that their Christianity is being attacked and repressed, when it's the prominent and undisputed dominant religion in this country and is so powerful it has it's own rather massive lobby in own government trying to make laws based on it. Jews, Muslims, Hindus etc, can't say that.

But sure, I could have just ignored it and not responded with sarcasm, so my bad.

mra stuff is silly to me either. doesn't mean there isn't crossover between some of my beliefs and theirs.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 08:14 PM
darthgoober

I dunno. Something like "Rape culture" is shock language that's probably pretty hard to empirically define and prove/disprove. But like, on a more practical level, every one of my female friends either owns mace, won't go walking at night, will asked to be accompanied out of the bar until their Uber arrives, etc. I'll often get antsy in the evenings and will go running (sometimes in the dark). I don't have a concept of what it's like to NOT feel safe doing that. It would be a loss of freedom that - on the whole - would definitely feel...uncomfortable. So I try not to judge too harshly when I can 100% see a difference in everyday life between men and women like that.

It's not a justification for hatred toward a broad group of people, but it's reason enough to try to stay aware of the ways in which gender informs freedoms.

But that's not actually something that's exclusive to women. Aren't you a fairly large guy overall? Or at least bigger than average? Well I'm not(I'm bigger than I've ever been and come in at just under 6' and 150 lbs) and can say that feeling exceptionally vulnerable when walking alone at night isn't something that's exclusive to women by any stretch of the imagination.

I think the problem most proponents of the idea of a rape culture seem to have is that they overlook the fact that when dealing with a population of 357 million even if only half of a single percent of the population were sexual predators it would still mean that there were 1,750,000 really nasty guys that women needed to be worried about. A large number of ne'er do wells's isn't reflective of an actual "rape culture" though simply a LARGE culture. Our culture as a whole absolutely abhors rapists which is why so many get angry when the term "rape culture" starts getting thrown around and people start making the accusation that others support such a thing.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 08:29 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Originally posted by Robtard

Similar when people complain that their Christianity is being attacked and repressed, when it's the prominent and undisputed dominant religion in this country and is so powerful it has its own rather massive lobby in our government trying to make laws based on it. Jews, Muslims, Hindus etc, can't say that.

IMO you're looking at the issue wrong. First of all there are MRA's of all colors, it's not strictly a thing for whites. And the fact is that men have less legal rights then women do. And don't get me wrong because there are a lot of MRA groups that are quite obviously whiney hate groups, I'm just pointing out that in theory the idea that men have it worse then women is absolutely sound within the realm of rights and restrictions granted by the government.

Last edited by darthgoober on Oct 6th, 2017 at 08:39 PM

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 08:36 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote