KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » KMC Tournament of Power

KMC Tournament of Power
Started by: "Id"

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Raptor22

Congrats digi, Leo, and smurph. Great job everyone

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 08:42 PM
Raptor22 is currently offline Click here to Send Raptor22 a Private Message Find more posts by Raptor22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Raptor22
Congrats digi, Leo, and smurph. Great job everyone

YOUR NAME ALONE OFFENDS ME!!!

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 08:44 PM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Originally posted by Smurph
Shout-out to B-Dub for voting the wrong way.

F*ck you too, Blair. thumb up

Originally posted by leonidas
thumb up

Guys never invite me to their tournament parties and still want me to vote for them. 😒😒😒

(JK. I'm pretty sure I'm done doing tournaments in general, it's too much time I don't have anymore. Adulting sucks).

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Last edited by Blair Wind on Nov 9th, 2017 at 08:54 PM

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 08:45 PM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Blair Wind
Guys never invite me to their tournament parties and still want me to vote for them. 😒😒😒

(JK. I'm pretty sure I'm done doing tournaments in general, it's too much time I don't have anymore. Adulting sucks).

Counter-research for the last mini-tourney we did drove this home for me. I ended up winging it with my writeup, and it bit me in the ass. I'm happy enough to do less than I used to, though, but yeah, it's harder than it sued to be to carve out the time to do these things right.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 08:58 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

i thought some of the plans were pretty good--especially from a couple of the solo guys. mm did a nice job too, but simply lacked the horsepower in the end. i think the reason abhi failed was outlined clearly and were some of the reasons i'd pegged for his plan falling short. i've already talked to ds about his plan quite a bit and he knows my thoughts on it, so i'll leave him out--i am a little surprised nothing we talked about came out, though so...kudos to ds and phil i guess for making this close. lol

i thought damborg and lob in particular were really impressive with their write ups. ss actually had an outside shot to win this imo. thank god for the forum and the world's sanity he didn't, but still, nice job lob. thumb up carv could have done more. what he did was solid enough. needed a better partner. elixir just didn't have near enough juice to help. the backstabbing bunch was funny as hell and they basically eliminated a large amount of the field for us through their own shenanigans. doom may have had a chance in this had he not backstabbed...everyone.

regardless, it was fun reading this stuff and i was impressed by the creativity, thought and effort that went into this.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2017 12:07 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supermutant

@ beatboks, I think calling my plan stupid was unnecessary and inaccurate.

Originally posted by "Id"
Why he would stupidly attack his Allies first instead of last so they do their bit and take the pressure off him is totally and utterly beyond me.

The answer to your question was all throughout my post and made very clear at least I thought so. I wasn't just simply attacking my allies, I was stealing their powers. Don't see how anyone can think a plan that ends with Doom having the powers of Kang, Loki, & Sidious is stupid. If anything it may have place me over the high herald cap but with some of the other power sharing going on this didn't seem to be an issue with the judges.

Bottom line is that I didn't need or want teammates, I just wanted their powers. Also didn't want to re-hash this stuff but you asked a question and I am only responding to the "stupid" comments.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2017 02:40 PM
Supermutant is currently offline Click here to Send Supermutant a Private Message Find more posts by Supermutant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

If I had known backstabbing prior to posting was allowed, I would have said no. Smh...

Anyways, ure backstab attempt wouldn't have worked on Loki.

U treacherous bastid.

Btw I enjoyed the solo acts of Dambo and Abhi.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2017 04:23 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

Originally posted by celeyhyga17
If I had known backstabbing prior to posting was allowed, I would have said no. Smh...

Anyways, ure backstab attempt wouldn't have worked on Loki.

U treacherous bastid.

Btw I enjoyed the solo acts of Dambo and Abhi.

Mutants are untrustworthy and his name is SUPER mutant.

What did you expect?

Old Post Nov 10th, 2017 04:44 PM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
YOUR NAME ALONE OFFENDS ME!!!
Embrace it, dog.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Nov 10th, 2017 05:58 PM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
Mutants are untrustworthy and his name is SUPER mutant.

What did you expect?
thumb up anybody whose name starts with super can't be trusted.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2017 07:18 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Originally posted by Supermutant
@ beatboks, I think calling my plan stupid was unnecessary and inaccurate.

The answer to your question was all throughout my post and made very clear at least I thought so. I wasn't just simply attacking my allies, I was stealing their powers. Don't see how anyone can think a plan that ends with Doom having the powers of Kang, Loki, & Sidious is stupid. If anything it may have place me over the high herald cap but with some of the other power sharing going on this didn't seem to be an issue with the judges.

Bottom line is that I didn't need or want teammates, I just wanted their powers. Also didn't want to re-hash this stuff but you asked a question and I am only responding to the "stupid" comments.

To be honest your plan was fine, only the part of openly attcking and in your own words taking out your allies first was IMHO hugely flawed. Your allies all had plans that would have undermined thr rest of the field vastly. Some of which (Bentley) would have foiled the winning teams(as I voted them) strategy. Of you had allowed your allies to enact their strategies at least partly before nack stabbing you would have been IMHO the winner (which I thought I stated).

Your plan wasnt stupid, attacking your allies and taking them out first proved to be with so much time shenanigans on the fielf as it removed your teams time counter. Doom isnt absorbing Kangs time power AND using it fast enough to stop Zee's, Hal's time stop ergo completely felled your strategy. Kang however could have but your betrayal left him short.

Just how I see it

Old Post Nov 11th, 2017 12:40 AM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

Originally posted by Smurph
thumb up anybody whose name starts with super can't be trusted.

I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE SWINE!!!

thumb down

Old Post Nov 11th, 2017 12:44 AM
Supermutant

Some pretty funny comments here. Like I stated previously, my only issue was with the stupid comments, so since that's been addressed no need to rehash anything else.

On a personal note, my "backstabbing" was very satisfying and this was a fun tourney.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2017 02:31 PM
Supermutant is currently offline Click here to Send Supermutant a Private Message Find more posts by Supermutant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by "Id"

Dark St and Phil DS lost me almost immediately his idea of hundreds of flashs coming from the future falls apart when others have her time stopped instants into the battle. there's not much of an "available" future for them to come from because of this. since almost everything seems to rely on that it puts a huge hole Phil put up a really good showing for blue Superman which brought it up to the same level as lob for Surfer. In this field of alliances however without the flash side of the argument working it just doesn't cut the mustard I'm afraid. to enact this plan successfully you really needed to deduce who would time stop and blitz/KO before they had a chance to do so

Originally posted by beatboks
For the benifit of anyone with a bone to pick this judgement was mine.

have at it/me

This unfortunately shows you didn't really read my post (for a start, I had thousands, lol).

Timestop doesn't affect me. If you read abhi's post, he had a time stop in nanoseconds. I posted scans of me reacting in picoseconds.

1 nanosecond is 1000picoseconds, lol.

Moreover, my time clones arrived at the VERY start of the match. Not 'instants' into the match, the EXACT instant it started. So time stops etc don't prevent the clones, and I even makes specific mention of the timescales.

As for the 'available future' for me to arrive from - that is a huge, huge mistake. From Wikipedia:

A causal loop, in the context of time travel or the causal structure of spacetime, is a sequence of events (actions, information, objects, people) in which an event is among the causes of another event, which in turn is among the causes of the first-mentioned event. Such causally-looped events then exist in spacetime, but their origin cannot be determined.

IOW, it has already happened. The ONLY way, and believe, me, it IS the only way, to prove that I cannot do this...would be to prove that time travel does not work in the way I said it does.

Which nobody did. And I even linked to an article for this (which I doubt you read). Below the diagram shows how a 'time-clone' billiard ball arrives from the future, to strike the billiard ball into a time portal, which sends it back into the past:

(please log in to view the image)

So to pass judgement on 'well, there's no available future to arrive from' is a huge mistake. Because my victory has always occurred due to my time clones. My time clones were sent back to ensure my victory.

I even posted an example of this being used in DC - several examples, actually. So IOW, DC at least subscribe to the causal loop theory. Imperiex caused the imperfect universe, which gave rise to Imperiex, which gave rise to OWAW, which led to him being sent back in time, which caused the imperfect universe etc etc.

I agree, proving negatives is wrong. Proving time travel theories is also unfair, considering we all only had one post and nobody even dreamt I could/would do it. BUT, DC have shown that with the Flash at least, time travel works on causal loops. I have shown that I can send myself back in time (even mid-sentence). I have shown my reactions.

Your judgement was based on your preconceived notion of what time travel should be, rather than on the basis of what was posted and argued here. Which I humbly believe to be wrong.

Last edited by DarkSaint85 on Nov 19th, 2017 at 10:18 AM

Old Post Nov 19th, 2017 10:07 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

any reason this is still pinned...?

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 04:06 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Oh man, should've used this scan..

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Apr 13th, 2018 07:43 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote