KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Foreign Cinema » Jiren runs a comic gauntlet

Jiren runs a comic gauntlet
Started by: Ursumeles

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
950Killer
Restricted

Account Restricted

WTF is this?!

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 10:03 AM
950Killer is currently offline Click here to Send 950Killer a Private Message Find more posts by 950Killer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ursumeles
Traitor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander

The problem with Beerus here are his feats. While Yes it's obvious he could destroy Worlds. Galactus could too.

I mean, Beerus can destroy Universes, and not only planets.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 10:28 AM
Ursumeles is currently offline Click here to Send Ursumeles a Private Message Find more posts by Ursumeles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
950Killer
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Ursumeles

When did Beerus destroyed a Universe?

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 12:35 PM
950Killer is currently offline Click here to Send 950Killer a Private Message Find more posts by 950Killer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Never.

Superman has more claim as a universe buster then Beerus does.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 12:40 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Yes. smile

In the most recent display of hakai, (or hakai energy) in DBS Episode 95, we see Golden Frieza huffing and puffing after harnessing the bit of Destruction energy that Sidra afforded the assassin. Base Goku was completely incapable of escaping the energy ball. Beerus proceeds to literally blow away the Destruction ball with no effort whatsoever. Some things to note:

1. Golden Frieza is on par with SSJB Goku.

2. SSJB Goku as of episode 95 is FAR more powerful than SSG Goku, who is a universe buster.

3. Beerus also threatened to hakai Goku in episode 78.

4. In one of the earlier episodes, Whis states, "ghost or not, there is nothing Beerus-Sama can't destroy." While obviously hyperbole, it's pretty clear this applies to the likes of Goku.

5. Although the manga and anime are seperate, it's worth noting that SSJB Goku, who's far weaker than Beerus, was able to use the hakai technique to erase Merged Zamasu, who's far more powerful than SSJG Goku, who again is a universe buster.

Galactus, while immensely powerful and durable, isn't exactly invincible. He was briefly put out of commission by an all-out attack from Odin, got completely oneshotted by 3 merged Celestials (Galactus in this instance was amped beyond his usual levels, too,) and is usually implied to be casually multi-galaxy at best.

Beerus, on the other hand, has multiple casually universal feats, such as:

1. While suppressed, his fists colliding with SSJG Goku's were sending out shockwaves capable of incinerating the entire universe.

2. While suppressed, his ki blast vs Goku's kamehameha were doing the same.

3. Later in the fight, a super-dense energy ball capable of annihilating the entire universe is formed, and Beerus and Goku are constantly powering up and pushing this energy ball towards each other. Beerus proceeds to casually nullify the universe-busting ball.

4. Vados states that Beerus and Champa fighting would mean "annihilation" for universes 6 and 7.

5. In the manga, there is a flashback to Beerus and Champa fighting, and they both casually raise ki balls to attack each other that would have destroyed the universe. Whis and Vados knock them out.

6. In the baseball episode, it's shown that Beerus and Champa would have destroyed the universe were it not for Whis and Vados stopping them.

So, yeah. Hakai. smile

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 12:44 PM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ is currently offline Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
950Killer
Restricted

Account Restricted

Assumptions/Character Statements < Actual feats.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 01:22 PM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

So Beyonder never destroyed a single universe? Galactus and Odin blowing up galaxies is just a cruel joke? We never see any of that happen, after all.

Fact of the matter is, if Elder Kai, Whis, the narrator, and Goku/Beerus are claiming they were throwing around universal energies, they were probably throwing around universal energies.

And we visibly see the universe-busting waves reach the Kaioshin Realm, which is outside of the mortal universe. Suppressed Beerus is universal.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 02:42 PM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ is currently offline Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by Ursumeles

He destroyed a Galaxy once if am not mistaken.

Beerus has never seen doing such a thing...

Also let's not remember that Galactus still possesses the Ultimate Nullifier....So..

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 02:42 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

So Beyonder never destroyed a single universe? Galactus and Odin blowing up galaxies is just a cruel joke? We never see any of that happen, after all.

Fact of the matter is, if Elder Kai, Whis, the narrator, and Goku/Beerus are claiming they were throwing around universal energies, they were probably throwing around universal energies.

And we visibly see the universe-busting waves reach the Kaioshin Realm, which is outside of the mortal universe. Suppressed Beerus is universal.

Now the thing is this.

How big is DB's universe?

Because we can't really compare one universe with another just like that...

DB's universe can be as big as one of Marvel's galaxies.

Just like we see it with DB's Multiverse...DB's multiverse is comprised of 13 universes..whereas Marvel's and DC's universe is comprised of 100s if not 1000's of universes and realities.

Galactus is considered a Universal force too. Galactus could destroy a universe.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 02:45 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ursumeles
Traitor

He destroyed a Galaxy once if am not mistaken.

Beerus has never seen doing such a thing...

Also let's not remember that Galactus still possesses the Ultimate Nullifier....So..
This Galactus without the UN.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 02:50 PM
Ursumeles is currently offline Click here to Send Ursumeles a Private Message Find more posts by Ursumeles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Now the thing is this.

Just like we see it with DB's Multiverse...DB's multiverse is comprised of 13 universes..whereas Marvel's and DC's universe is comprised of 100s if not 1000's of universes and realities.

Galactus is considered a Universal force too. Galactus could destroy a universe.

the DBS mortal universe has billions upon billions of galaxies, just like a marvel universe . DB has 12 universes, along with the world of void, Zen-Ohs realm, and countless alternate dimensions. It's not as big as the marvel multiverse, but the fact that Zen-Oh can destroy the DB Cosmos in an instant, effortlessly, makes me think he's Multiversal.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 02:50 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

the DBS mortal universe has billions upon billions of galaxies, just like a marvel universe . DB has 12 universes, along with the world of void, Zen-Ohs realm, and countless alternate dimensions. It's not as big as the marvel multiverse, but the fact that Zen-Oh can destroy the DB Cosmos in an instant, effortlessly, makes me think he's Multiversal.

Well i agree just because i don't have real evidence.

Yeah Zeno is multiversal that's clear.

But Zeno's powers are really nothing further from erasing things.

I believe Zeno is more of a kid. Like a baby playing with his toys. If we ever get to see a mature old alien of his type...then we might be talking about true multiversal power.

You know Omni King is multiversal but i don't know if his powers reach even Neigh Omnipotence.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 02:55 PM
cdtm

Now the thing is this.

It's tiny:

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net...=20110717111443

Snake Way takes up a lot of that image, and it"s only a million kilometers long.

Plus Goku flew to planet namem without a warp drive. Humans don"t have warp tech, which is why Bulma needed a Namek ship, yet Dr. Briefs simple rocket propulsion system got him there, with no mention of advanced tech beyond a gravity chamber.

Not to mention, each Kaio watch's a mere four quadrants. That all implies a very insanely tiny universe.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 06:36 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by cdtm
It's tiny:

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net...=20110717111443

Snake Way takes up a lot of that image, and it"s only a million kilometers long.

Plus Goku flew to planet namem without a warp drive. Humans don"t have warp tech, which is why Bulma needed a Namek ship, yet Dr. Briefs simple rocket propulsion system got him there, with no mention of advanced tech beyond a gravity chamber.

Not to mention, each Kaio watch's a mere four quadrants. That all implies a very insanely tiny universe.

I also think that DB's universe would be smaller than the standard Marvel/DC universe.

Just like their multiverse is.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 07:20 PM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

CDTM is trolling. The scale of an average DB universe has been retconned to being "endless" and containing billions upon billions of galaxies.

I wish you'd be more objective, cdtm. Maybe I'd support comic characters more often. sad

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 07:25 PM
NewGuy01
perpetual

Given that DB's universes are visibly finite, and considering that physically traveling between U7 and Zen-Oh's palace was stated to be possible, "endless" is clearly hyperbole. That being said, per the manga, there are at minimum tens of thousands of galaxies in each universe.

To argue that the universes are small, you'd essentially either have to argue that the planets themselves are scaled down, or that the galaxies consist of less systems.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 08:49 PM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by NewGuy01
Given that DB's universes are visibly finite, and considering that physically traveling between U7 and Zen-Oh's palace was stated to be possible, "endless" is clearly hyperbole. That being said, per the manga, there are at minimum tens of thousands of galaxies in each universe.

To argue that the universes are small, you'd essentially either have to argue that the planets themselves are scaled down, or that the galaxies consist of less systems.

Well Marvel and DC's universes are considered Infinite.

So i don't know how that compares to 10s of Thousands.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 10:00 PM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Marvel and DC universes aren't actually infinite in terms of space/mass.

I'd argue the size of the mortal universe in DBZ is about the size of our universe. That's not including Heaven, Hell, the Kaioshin Realm, etc.

Beerus is universal.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 10:29 PM
carver9

Okay. I know which road you will take! Galactus<Bills<Jiren just because it's known among the Gods that there was a mortal that defeated one of the Gods.

Now, the issue is although all things point at Jiren being that mortal it isn't certain. It could be him it couldn't.

Even if Jiren did beat his God of Destruction, it still doesn't mean he is OVER Bills. Since Universe 11 God of Destruction could be < powerful than Universe 7 God of Destruction.

Even if Jiren>Galactus i completely disagree with Bills> Galactus.

But this thread doesn't concern Bills so...I would have to discuss that on another thread.

Now responding to Beta Ray Bill I don't remember that comic well.....But if my memory doesn't fails me Galactus was VERY STARVED in that movie.

Now as i said, i don't remember well. Could you post some panels or the issue of that comic so i can read it?

Wait a minute. Did you just say Beta Ray Bill is above Jiren? Please tell me you didn't.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 11:13 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by carver9
Wait a minute. Did you just say Beta Ray Bill is above Jiren? Please tell me you didn't.

Yeah, Bill only fought a universe ending abstract level being and Thor powered by a multiversal tier Infinity Gem.

Don't troll Carver with facts, Josh! mad

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 11:21 PM