KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » KMC posters and their buddies/sycophants

KMC posters and their buddies/sycophants
Started by: Raisen

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 9 10 [11]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lestov16
Wow, do I miss the days of inimalist. This place has really turned into a shitshow if these are the threads getting made nowadays. It's reasons like this that I've been on KMC less and less

It is hilarious in a way, isn't it? As like the "game of trolls" thread. Too funny.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2017 03:05 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Originally posted by Ushgarak
Oh wow, the site remembered my password, which I certainly don't.

Anyway, not really hanging around, but I'm genuinely sorry to anyone I was a **** to. There wasn't any specific malice or agenda in any of it, but broadly speaking I should have moved on from global modding waaaaay earlier, as what I was interested in being part of what KMC was long ago, not what later became, for good or ill, and I was slow to realise that that was like trying to hold back the tide- a perfectly legitimate tide at that. An open online community can't actually function in such a top-down manner and the end result there is always going to be friction. So yeah, anyone I took that friction out on, well, you know if you were the idiot or if I was, and if I was, very much my bad- sorry again.

I didn't actually make a conscious decision to leave, but my instinct had checked out long before I had, so one day I was logged out and my conscious brain caught up with the fact that I had no real desire to log back in (RPing specifically aside, but that was a much more specific and suitable activity). Two connected reasons sum it up- it was taking up time that my life could no longer afford, and I joined KMC in the first place to stay engaged with reality whilst I was convalescing and rebuilding a life. That bit is all done now. I'm not estranged from everyday real life, so the fundamental reason I was here is gone, not that the place I came to is the place it ended up being anyway.

I think you will likely find that other mods that could sometimes be a tad stroppy (take that as British understatement if you like) is broadly from the same area- the logical disconnect between what they wanted to be running and what the place actually was. It's apt to bring out the worst in people. As for Raz- well he CERTAINLY never envisaged this place becoming what it did, but who can blame him for letting a free, no-effort source of cash keep on running? It's not as if he has some solemn responsibility.

Storm I would have defined as guarded and defensive rather than actively unpleasant- I think she felt she was in a hostile atmosphere. As for WD, I can't say that as a mod lounge guy I had any more idea about what the heck was going on there than a lot of you. He just seemed unhappy and it caused him to lash out. It's the sort of thing that becomes much more expressive online than in real life; I am sure he would have been fine face-to-face.

Yup, Peach and GK ran off together and got married- not the only romance associated with my RP stuff. Peach is someone who had a lot of difficulties and unhappiness with her life in general (technically First World problems, but I would argue that much of modern western existence is about us trying to grapple with those). Being able to build a life on her own terms put her in a much better position, and at that point I would think KMC became irrelevant.

Quick note to Robtard- I guess I must have expressed myself badly on the David Cameron thing. My memory of what I was trying to say is not that I defended Cameron on the grounds that this is what people of his class did (honestly I found it hard to care one way or the other). What I was trying to say is that the incident would not affect his voting strength, because it would only make people think he was fundamentally part of a different class that did weird stuff- and people already thought that. Short version- anyone who was not going to vote for him because of that was already not voting for him. Cameron's vote was never based on people thinking he was a regular guy (unlike, say, Blair- much as many regret that now).

It's interesting how little time it took for this place to seem like part of a very distant past, with a different version of me as part of it. It does give some useful objectivity.

Also BF is still hot.

I know you're not hanging around (and I just happened to check the Star Wars forum today because it's that time of year once again), but good to see you post. You always had a way of summing up my thoughts much more clearly than I do myself. This place has changed tremendously since we joined, and it certainly outgrew the model we followed for moderating. I came here for Star Wars Episode II spoilers and then for RPing. Neither are particularly active here now, and so neither am I by extension.

Hope all is well with you and that it continues to be that way.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2017 11:29 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

And BF is, of course, still hot.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2017 11:29 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Anyway, not really hanging around, but I'm genuinely sorry to anyone I was a **** to. There wasn't any specific malice or agenda in any of it, but broadly speaking I should have moved on from global modding waaaaay earlier, as what I was interested in being part of what KMC was long ago, not what later became, for good or ill, and I was slow to realise that that was like trying to hold back the tide- a perfectly legitimate tide at that. An open online community can't actually function in such a top-down manner and the end result there is always going to be friction. So yeah, anyone I took that friction out on, well, you know if you were the idiot or if I was, and if I was, very much my bad- sorry again.

I didn't actually make a conscious decision to leave, but my instinct had checked out long before I had, so one day I was logged out and my conscious brain caught up with the fact that I had no real desire to log back in (RPing specifically aside, but that was a much more specific and suitable activity). Two connected reasons sum it up- it was taking up time that my life could no longer afford, and I joined KMC in the first place to stay engaged with reality whilst I was convalescing and rebuilding a life. That bit is all done now. I'm not estranged from everyday real life, so the fundamental reason I was here is gone, not that the place I came to is the place it ended up being anyway.

I think you will likely find that other mods that could sometimes be a tad stroppy (take that as British understatement if you like) is broadly from the same area- the logical disconnect between what they wanted to be running and what the place actually was. It's apt to bring out the worst in people. As for Raz- well he CERTAINLY never envisaged this place becoming what it did, but who can blame him for letting a free, no-effort source of cash keep on running? It's not as if he has some solemn responsibility.

Storm I would have defined as guarded and defensive rather than actively unpleasant- I think she felt she was in a hostile atmosphere. As for WD, I can't say that as a mod lounge guy I had any more idea about what the heck was going on there than a lot of you. He just seemed unhappy and it caused him to lash out. It's the sort of thing that becomes much more expressive online than in real life; I am sure he would have been fine face-to-face.

Yup, Peach and GK ran off together and got married- not the only romance associated with my RP stuff. Peach is someone who had a lot of difficulties and unhappiness with her life in general (technically First World problems, but I would argue that much of modern western existence is about us trying to grapple with those). Being able to build a life on her own terms put her in a much better position, and at that point I would think KMC became irrelevant.

Quick note to Robtard- I guess I must have expressed myself badly on the David Cameron thing. My memory of what I was trying to say is not that I defended Cameron on the grounds that this is what people of his class did (honestly I found it hard to care one way or the other). What I was trying to say is that the incident would not affect his voting strength, because it would only make people think he was fundamentally part of a different class that did weird stuff- and people already thought that. Short version- anyone who was not going to vote for him because of that was already not voting for him. Cameron's vote was never based on people thinking he was a regular guy (unlike, say, Blair- much as many regret that now).

It's interesting how little time it took for this place to seem like part of a very distant past, with a different version of me as part of it. It does give some useful objectivity.

Also BF is still hot.

A/S/L?

<3 <3

I got legitimately excited when I saw you browsing the forum earlier.

Rexxx, your flattery will get you everwhere.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2017 11:39 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Also BF is still hot.

No worries m8 and no hard feelings here. Best wishes.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Dec 13th, 2017 11:43 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Rare thread.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Dec 14th, 2017 12:45 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

bump

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Jun 21st, 2019 07:05 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Jman & nobody

Old Post Jun 21st, 2019 07:07 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Me and quanchi

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2019 01:43 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TempAccount
Nippon Daisuki

Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Me and quanchi
You also live with your elderly parents and work a menial job?

Banzai Nippon! ばんざい にっぽん!

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2019 01:47 AM
TempAccount is currently offline Click here to Send TempAccount a Private Message Find more posts by TempAccount Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

I killed them for the house but yeah.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2019 01:48 AM
Impediment
Endless

Bump.

Newsflash: I’m still an @sshole jackoff scumbag.

And BackFire dances with gerbils in his rectum.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2021 12:01 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Backfire has a Lemmywinks?

Last Edited by Blakemore on Jan 1st, 2000, at 00:00 AM

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2021 11:00 AM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote