KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Happy Columbus Day

Happy Columbus Day
Started by: Surtur

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
"i never said the exact words..."

new gimmick plz

Don't you ever get tired of the pathetic tactic of twisting a persons argument in order to suit your own responses though?

If it suits you to pretend that my 2 sentence reply was the totality of my argument then go for it thumb up

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 09:31 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Surtur
Lol but I never said "the law" was my only argument. That is what you tried to twist it into. I never said it was only the law. It's a sad tactic you're clinging onto because you have no actual argument.

Also, your opinion is moot at this point. If you think that was e-sodomizing you surely aren't qualified to deem other lines as failures.

Here's your comment that has you doing flips now:

I am indeed against people illegally entering the country. What established laws did Columbus break?

If we remove 'the law' aspect, you quite literally have no argument. So yes, 'the law' was the focal point of what your were arguing, sport. Scibs tore right through it and now you're not a happy camper; everyone can see this.

And to think, you were probably so proud of yourself when you made this thread; but now you're #triggered af. sad

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Oct 9th, 2017 at 09:35 PM

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 09:33 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
Here's your comment that has you doing flips now:

If we remove 'the law' aspect, you quite literally have no argument. So yes, 'the law' was the focal point of what your were arguing, sport.

But the "you'd have no argument without the law" only works if that was the sum total of my argument lol. It was not. You see, I was responding to a flippant comment made by Scribble. It was not intended to be everything I thought on the subject packed into two sentences. Did you want another shot? Maybe talk about flips some more?

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 09:34 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
And to think, you were probably so proud of yourself when you made this thread; but now you're #triggered af. sad

Oh Rob, you forget though: your judgement is no longer valid. I am indeed proud of this thread, Happy Columbus Day bro thumb up

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 09:36 PM
Scribble

Also, I think you're smarter than to try to make the immigration argument you're making. It's not just the law, there are reasons why I want it followed. Illegals coming into this country on average tend to cost more than they put back in.

And yep, some of them are violent criminals and our sanctuary cities help shield them. We have enough crime here from legal citizens, I do not want more.
Let me apply that logic to your Native argument then:

There were good reasons for the Natives not wanting European settlers on their land. European settlers on average caused many more deaths than they did help them. And yep, some of those settlers were vicious imperialists who enacted genocides. They already had enough inter-tribe violence and slavery as it was, and they didn't want more.

There you go, this should be your opinion now because it fits exactly with your other thought processes and I think it's a good idea to be consistent if nothing else.

Btw, there were also countless Native American tribes who did not engage in violence or slavery and instead just lived peacefully off the land, and they got it just as bad as the other tribes.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 10:37 PM
Scribble is currently offline Click here to Send Scribble a Private Message Find more posts by Scribble Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Scribble

There were good reasons for the Natives not wanting European settlers on their land. European settlers on average caused many more deaths than they did help them. And yep, some of those settlers were vicious imperialists who enacted genocides. They already had enough inter-tribe violence and slavery as it was, and they didn't want more.

There you go, this should be your opinion now because it fits exactly with your other thought processes and I think it's a good idea to be consistent if nothing else.

Btw, there were also countless Native American tribes who did not engage in violence or slavery and instead just lived peacefully off the land, and they got it just as bad as the other tribes.

Lol no, that's just not going to fly. My opinion boils down to what is good for this country. That is what I care about, how illegal immigration effects this country. There will be no "gotcha" moment here, unfortunately.

And nobody said all natives participate in that behavior., Just the fact that any of them did tends to sometimes get glossed over. Just like not every single European that showed up was an utter monster.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 10:40 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus

It's not like the native americans didn't do plenty of "discovering" with each other.

-_-

quote:
According to the report, Columbus once punished a man found guilty of stealing corn by having his ears and nose cut off and then selling him into slavery. Testimony recorded in the report claims that Columbus congratulated his brother Bartolomeo on "defending the family" when the latter ordered a woman paraded naked through the streets and then had her tongue cut out for suggesting that Columbus was of lowly birth. The document also describes how Columbus put down native unrest and revolt; he first ordered a brutal crackdown in which many natives were killed and then paraded their dismembered bodies through the streets in an attempt to discourage further rebellion. "Columbus's government was characterised by a form of tyranny," Consuelo Varela, a Spanish historian who has seen the document, told journalists. "Even those who loved him had to admit the atrocities that had taken place."

Because of their gross mismanagement of governance, Columbus and his brothers were arrested and imprisoned upon their return to Spain from the third voyage. They lingered in jail for six weeks before busy King Ferdinand ordered their release. Not long after, the king and queen summoned the Columbus brothers to the Alhambra palace in Granada. There, the royal couple heard the brothers' pleas; restored their freedom and wealth; and, after much persuasion, agreed to fund Columbus's fourth voyage. But the door was firmly shut on Columbus's role as governor.

He killed children and tortured them regularly. It was the kind of stuff you would find ridiculous to do to an animal much less other people. That was the daily lives of the natives under Colombus' governorship. The Spanish Inquistion was terrible even by feudal standards...

The natives on the Carriebeans were almost completely wiped out in a matter of decades.

That labour shortage was the driving economic reason behind the African Slave trade....

Last edited by Rage.Of.Olympus on Oct 9th, 2017 at 10:45 PM

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 10:42 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scribble

Lol no, that's just not going to fly. My opinion boils down to what is good for this country. That is what I care about, how illegal immigration effects this country. There will be no "gotcha" moment here, unfortunately.

And nobody said all natives participate in that behavior., Just the fact that any of them did tends to sometimes get glossed over. Just like not every single European that showed up was an utter monster.
What isn't going to fly? Basic consistency in beliefs? You can believe in what's good for this country as well as recognising that the genocide of the Native Americans was a bad thing, you don't have to choose one. You don't even have to feel guilty about it. It'd just make sense to at least recognise your own history. Otherwise it's just nationalism for the sake of nationalism.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 10:44 PM
Scribble is currently offline Click here to Send Scribble a Private Message Find more posts by Scribble Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
-_-

That was the daily lives of the natives under Colombus' governorship. The Spanish Inquistion was terrible even by feudal standards...

The natives on the Carriebeans were almost completely wiped out in a matter of decades.

That labour shortage was the reason behind the African Slavs trade....

What do you feel you just proved? I'm serious. I never said we didn't commit atrocities. You didn't prove that the natives didn't participate in some abhorrent behavior as well.

No, it doesn't excuse it either.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 10:44 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

What isn't going to fly? Basic consistency in beliefs? You can believe in what's good for this country as well as recognising that the genocide of the Native Americans was a bad thing, you don't have to choose one. You don't even have to feel guilty about it. It'd just make sense to at least recognise your own history. Otherwise it's just nationalism for the sake of nationalism.

LOL, this, what you just said, that is what is not going to fly. I never said what happened to them was a good thing. Why are you framing it that way?

Pointing out they did some bad shit to is not saying they deserved anything.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 10:46 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

But you see, your argument is easily broken apart by applying the special rules of double standards. Sorry.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 10:51 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scribble

LOL, this, what you just said, that is what is not going to fly. I never said what happened to them was a good thing. Why are you framing it that way?

Pointing out they did some bad shit to is not saying they deserved anything.
Well in all fairness, I'm framing it that way because
Indeed, happy Columbus day. Props to Christopher Columbus thumb up
Jokes on you, that person wasn't the original owner anyways. He came over from Asia and people just pretended he was a native wink
your celebration of Colombus in particular (rather than the broad idea of the foundation of the USA) and the attempt to place some kind of weird flippant blame on the Natives, even saying they weren't natives at all (they were, their lineage went back a very long way, which makes them natives), kind of does betray a sense of disdain for their existence, so you do seem to be revelling in their genocide somewhat.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 10:53 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

The 2nd comment was a joke, and the first was me saying Happy Columbus Day. That's paper thin.

And no, nobody blamed natives. What I said was their behavior gets glossed over.

To say that equates to reveling in their genocide is kinda batshit insane.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 10:56 PM
Scribble

It may have been a 'joke', but just like male gamers who threaten rape towards female gamers, it's not just a joke, but a keen insight into the way your mind works.

What is your opinion on the Native American genocide that your country was founded on, then?
To say that equates to reveling in their genocide is kinda batshit insane.
Skipping straight to the "you sound unhinged" debate. Classy.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 10:58 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

It may have been a 'joke', but just like male gamers who threaten rape towards female gamers, it's not just a joke, but a keen insight into the way your mind works.

What is your opinion on the Native American genocide that your country was founded on, then?
Skipping straight to the "you sound unhinged" debate. Classy.

Lol oh please. And you saying this is reveling in genocide is a keen insight into how your mind works, and so far it makes some disturbing leaps.

My opinion is I don't feel what happened to them was right, but what I won't do is feel one ounce of guilt over it.

And did you legit just make a comment about me being classy when you just accused me in reveling in genocide? Holy shit did Bash break you? Because you are not at your best here. Seriously lol, "reveling in their genocide" and you truly do not see how crazy that sounds? That scares me. I'll chalk it up to trolling.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 11:00 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus

Lol, oh boy, you clearly don't know much about the next governor installed by the crown after Columbus....

Not implying that every European is an utter monster.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 11:03 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Lol, oh boy, you clearly don't know much about the next governor installed by the crown after Columbus....

Not implying that every European is an utter monster.

Okay, so nothing you said actually refuted anything I said.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 11:04 PM
Scribble

Lol oh please. And you saying this is reveling in genocide is a keen insight into how your mind works, and so far it makes some disturbing leaps.

My opinion is I don't feel what happened to them was right, but what I won't do is feel one ounce of guilt over it.

And did you legit just make a comment about me being classy when you just accused me in reveling in genocide? Holy shit did Bash break you? Because you are not at your best here. Seriously lol, "reveling in their genocide" and you truly do not see how crazy that sounds? That scares me. I'll chalk it up to trolling.
I don't necessarily believe that, I'm just gauging your responses. Which I guess is trolling. Using exaggerated positions to see what the other person says. I believe you that you feel it was bad what happened to them, and your initial posts and 'jokes' were more than likely just trolling attempts themselves to enrage pinkos.

Also, of course you don't think I'm at my best now, now that I'm debating you and not Bash. 🤔

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 11:07 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't necessarily believe that, I'm just gauging your responses. Which I guess is trolling. Using exaggerated positions to see what the other person says. I believe you that you feel it was bad what happened to them, and your initial posts and 'jokes' were more than likely just trolling attempts themselves to enrage pinkos.

Also, of course you don't think I'm at my best now, now that I'm debating you and not Bash. 🤔

It has nothing to do with who you're debating and more to do with nonsensical arguments about reveling in genocide.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 11:08 PM
Scribble

It has nothing to do with who you're debating and more to do with nonsensical arguments about reveling in genocide.
Well, you made nonsensical posts about the Natives not being 'real' Natives, so snap

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 11:11 PM