KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Can Thanos one shot these guys

Can Thanos one shot these guys
Started by: TethAdamTheRock

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
LordofBrooklyn

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Damborgson
I'll put you to sleep!

THIS IS WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF YOU DARE INSULT ME AGAIN!!!

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Oct 12th, 2017 04:02 AM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

https://static.comicvine.com/upload...89195-34733.jpg

I assume you're talking about that. I saw no ko'd body, no indication of Thor being down, just him getting knocked away. And considering he took worse later in the fight, I can't see that being considered a one shot.

Thor is already ragged as shit.

I assume one-shot means using just one attack to take someone out.

I don't see how posting scans of the last attack a character used to bring someone down is evidence of them one-shotting someone.

Boggles the ****ing mind.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Oct 12th, 2017 04:03 AM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WolverineX25
Weapon X

Thing - Yes

Colossus - Yes, easily.

Aquaman - Yes, although he'd have to land it.

Wonder Woman - Not if she has her weapons, or bracelets. Thanos would need several hits on Wonder Woman in order to finish her.

Thor - No, Thanos would need several hits on Thor, but he can definitely KO or kill him with his fists.

Superman - No, Thanos would really have to fight Superman to defeat him. It would not be an easy fight, but Thanos could definitely defeat Superman.

Silver Surfer - No, but keep in mind Thanos has KO'd and took down the Silver Surfer with his own fists before. But one hit? No.

Majestic - No, but Thanos would still defeat him in a fight.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2017 04:06 AM
WolverineX25 is currently offline Click here to Send WolverineX25 a Private Message Find more posts by WolverineX25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Originally posted by krisblaze

I don't see how posting scans of the last attack a character used to bring someone down is evidence of them one-shotting someone.

True, and he wasn't even down. Stuff like that happens all the time in comics, doesn't mean they were KO'd.

Like when war world got dropped on SBP, he was gone for a few panels, but it's not fair to say he was KO'd during that time.

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Oct 12th, 2017 04:15 AM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
THIS IS WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF YOU DARE INSULT ME AGAIN!!!

You might strike me down Lord of El...but the Corps lives forever!

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Oct 12th, 2017 04:18 AM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

You might strike me down Lord of El...but the Corps lives forever!

LIES!!

1.JakeTheBank- VANQUISHED
2.RageOfOlympus- In EXILE
3.Celeygha- BROKEN BY FEAR!!

YOU ARE ALONE!!!

Old Post Oct 12th, 2017 04:36 AM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

Originally posted by The Nuul
i heard that IT beats up his daughter when he gets banned from KMC, stiltman.... is this true?
lol look at this little f*ggot trying to act tough to impress ppl. You’re just a little geek, boy.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2017 05:25 AM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

On topic he could one shot all of then.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Oct 12th, 2017 06:35 AM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

Originally posted by WolverineX25
Thing - Yes

Colossus - Yes, easily.

Aquaman - Yes, although he'd have to land it.

Wonder Woman - Not if she has her weapons, or bracelets. Thanos would need several hits on Wonder Woman in order to finish her.

Thor - No, Thanos would need several hits on Thor, but he can definitely KO or kill him with his fists.

Superman - No, Thanos would really have to fight Superman to defeat him. It would not be an easy fight, but Thanos could definitely defeat Superman.

Silver Surfer - No, but keep in mind Thanos has KO'd and took down the Silver Surfer with his own fists before. But one hit? No.

Majestic - No, but Thanos would still defeat him in a fight.
Thanos killed Surfer with his fists, not ko’d him

Old Post Oct 12th, 2017 07:30 AM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Genii96

Well he IS currently going toe to toe with a PF host tho

Old Post Oct 12th, 2017 08:39 AM
Genii96 is currently offline Click here to Send Genii96 a Private Message Find more posts by Genii96 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheHulkster

Originally posted by krisblaze

Damborgson is the only person who posted that scan. I was thinking more of this scene, though it can be questioned:

https://lowbrowcomics.com/2016/02/0...nd-of-infinity/

Old Post Oct 12th, 2017 08:40 AM
TheHulkster is currently offline Click here to Send TheHulkster a Private Message Find more posts by TheHulkster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

Originally posted by TheHulkster
Damborgson is the only person who posted that scan. I was thinking more of this scene, though it can be questioned:

https://lowbrowcomics.com/2016/02/0...nd-of-infinity/
after a Thanos punches Thor, I believe Thor was floored from the punch due to him only getting slightly blown into the air from Thanos EP charge up. Hyperion and others are already getting sent flying in the air and the are further away from a Thanos. It makes simple sense that if athor was standing he would already be airborne as he’s far closer to Thanos.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2017 08:55 AM
ShadowFyre

Or that he is the most powerful on the field right under Thanks and the fact that he was the only one to face Thanos alone and everybody else was sent to fight the Black Order.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2017 01:35 PM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Or that he is the most powerful on the field right under Thanks and the fact that he was the only one to face Thanos alone and everybody else was sent to fight the Black Order.
Hyperion is as powerful as Thor. Hyperion wasn’t sent flying by anyone from the Black Order as he had just killed Corvus, you can see Thanos EP hitting him and the heroes.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2017 02:01 PM
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Are they allowed to defend themselves? And it's a high-end Thanos?

If so, only Thing/Colossus/Aquaman are KO.

If not, Thing/Colossus/Aquaman/Wonder Woman/maybe Surfer are KO.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Oct 12th, 2017 02:51 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Braniac 5.0
God of War

No defending

Old Post Oct 12th, 2017 02:55 PM
Braniac 5.0 is currently offline Click here to Send Braniac 5.0 a Private Message Find more posts by Braniac 5.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WolverineX25
Weapon X

quote:
Thanos killed Surfer with his fists, not ko’d him

I was referring to the Cosmic Powers Issue where Thanos brought the Silver Surfer to Mistress Death's realm. He wasn't actually dead, he was in a limbo of sorts between life and death.

Thanos threatened that if the Silver Surfer tried to break his mystic bonds, it would end up killing him. Then Thanos released it when Mistress Death refused to accept Thanos' gift.

He was almost killed, but he wasn't actually killed.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2017 09:10 PM
WolverineX25 is currently offline Click here to Send WolverineX25 a Private Message Find more posts by WolverineX25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

Originally posted by WolverineX25
I was referring to the Cosmic Powers Issue where Thanos brought the Silver Surfer to Mistress Death's realm. He wasn't actually dead, he was in a limbo of sorts between life and death.

Thanos threatened that if the Silver Surfer tried to break his mystic bonds, it would end up killing him. Then Thanos released it when Mistress Death refused to accept Thanos' gift.

He was almost killed, but he wasn't actually killed.
Thanos killed him and gave him a flicker of his life force back so he could see what transpired. Thetvehybhevwas in a state of limbo.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2017 05:26 AM
WolverineX25
Weapon X

Originally posted by Insane Titan
Thanos killed him and gave him a flicker of his life force back so he could see what transpired. Thetvehybhevwas in a state of limbo.

Here's the original scan brother:

Thanos clearly states that the Silver Surfer is stuck in a limbo between Life and Death and that the last link to his life is keeping him alive. If Mistress Death wanted, Thanos would extinguish the last shred of life he has left to effectively kill* him.

Surfer wasn't dead yet. Not technically. Almost dead. But not. He was technically still alive, even if by a thread, comatose if you will.

Either way, the question was would Thanos ONE-HIT take him out, and my answer is No. Or at least that's my opinion. It took several attacks from Thanos to nearly* kill* the Silver Surfer. One hit is not enough to kill the Surfer unless Thanos has the IG, HOTU, or a Cosmic Cube, etc.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2017 11:39 PM
Insane Titan

*sigh* it’s not hard to understand if Thanos hadn’t preserved him with a flicker of his life force he have been dead as he wanted in that state.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2017 06:29 AM