KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Delayed Brexit Means No Brexit

Delayed Brexit Means No Brexit
Started by: Stigma

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Scribble

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
And if you never get someone winning by more than 5%...? How long does it go on and where is the line drawn?
If nobody wins by that margin then clearly the country isn't ready for it. Three referendums max would be enough to establish that, but it doesn't exclude the idea that maybe in another number of years, if the political landscape changes, there wouldn't be another opportunity for it to happen.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2017 06:28 PM
Scribble is currently offline Click here to Send Scribble a Private Message Find more posts by Scribble Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Foxsteak
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm a leaver, but I want another referendum, and I'd rally all the people I can and make sure the vote ends 55% leave, 44% remain and to boot, Scotland be super remain just to give more drama.

Have another referendum and have us vote leave more. We've spoken!

InfoBoards: 1 millionth post game regains popularity! . Stockholm syndrome has spread throughout KMC . Surtur reports a "change" in the forum . Super Noodles Vitality only £1.00 . AAAARGH!

Old Post Oct 12th, 2017 07:15 PM
Foxsteak is currently offline Click here to Send Foxsteak a Private Message Find more posts by Foxsteak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by Scribble
If nobody wins by that margin then clearly the country isn't ready for it. Three referendums max would be enough to establish that, but it doesn't exclude the idea that maybe in another number of years, if the political landscape changes, there wouldn't be another opportunity for it to happen.

Wow... What a load of Progressive BullSHIT!

Old Post Oct 12th, 2017 07:24 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scribble

Any insult from you is instantly a compliment, so cheers.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2017 07:34 PM
Scribble is currently offline Click here to Send Scribble a Private Message Find more posts by Scribble Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

I just love how you go with the "IF THE MARGIN ISNT IN MY FAVOR THEN IT DOESN"T COUNT" ! Sounds just like something Hitler would say.

You are still in College aren't you!

Old Post Oct 12th, 2017 07:42 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scribble

Lol no, that was exactly the opposite of my point, but you obviously can't read so there's no point discussing it. I actually agree with this guy
Originally posted by Foxsteak
I'm a leaver, but I want another referendum, and I'd rally all the people I can and make sure the vote ends 55% leave, 44% remain and to boot, Scotland be super remain just to give more drama.

Have another referendum and have us vote leave more. We've spoken!
even though I'm on the other side of the debate to him. But yeah, libtard hitler nazi college progressive rock bands are great, or whatever it is you gibber on about.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2017 07:45 PM
Flyattractor

Blah Blah Blah I am all for Totalitarinism as long as I get to say I am on the winning side.

Blah Blah Blah!

*Scribble-ese*

Old Post Oct 12th, 2017 07:49 PM
Scribble

Sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of my speakers playing audiobooks of both Mein Kampf and Das Kapital on dual audio at full volume.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2017 07:51 PM
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by Flyattractor
I like how The EU it threatening the UK with a threat of a few BILLION if they do leave.

Its OK to threaten people when you do it like a Leftist Mob Gangster.

The EU technocrats are from the left now? Ask the Greek government to confirm that.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Oct 12th, 2017 07:56 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Foxsteak
Restricted

Account Restricted

Lol no, that was exactly the opposite of my point, but you obviously can't read so there's no point discussing it. I actually agree with this guy
even though I'm on the other side of the debate to him. But yeah, libtard hitler nazi college progressive rock bands are great, or whatever it is you gibber on about.
Well, you know, we kinda already had a referendum and leave won.

This margin of error shit was never a thing until people like you lost......

InfoBoards: 1 millionth post game regains popularity! . Stockholm syndrome has spread throughout KMC . Surtur reports a "change" in the forum . Super Noodles Vitality only £1.00 . AAAARGH!

Old Post Oct 12th, 2017 07:58 PM
Foxsteak is currently offline Click here to Send Foxsteak a Private Message Find more posts by Foxsteak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of my speakers playing audiobooks of both Mein Kampf and Das Kapital on dual audio at full volume.

I bet you look awesome in your Brown Shirt.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2017 08:07 PM
Scribble

This margin of error shit was never a thing until people like you lost......
Wrong.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...erendum-7985017

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2017-40208941

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/ent...4b020461a1d5fd9

Last edited by Scribble on Oct 12th, 2017 at 08:18 PM

Old Post Oct 12th, 2017 08:14 PM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

It certainly also doesn't help that Theresa May shit the bed when she called for a snap election and ended up weakening her own position to negotiate Brexit. The whole thing is a huge mess and has been handled very poorly and not been well thought out.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2017 08:23 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Foxsteak
Restricted

Account Restricted

The bbc article in not dated before the referendum, the mirror and huffington are, though.

Well, I'll take my statement back, it was wrong. I'm liking being on the other side, though.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Oct 12th, 2017 08:29 PM
Foxsteak
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by BackFire
It certainly also doesn't help that Theresa May shit the bed when she called for a snap election and ended up weakening her own position to negotiate Brexit. The whole thing is a huge mess and has been handled very poorly and not been well thought out.
I'm pretty confident she didn't want to do Brexit and was a remainer.

Her job is to delay Brexit as much as possible, imo.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2017 08:30 PM
BackFire

I'm pretty confident she didn't want to do Brexit and was a remainer.

Her job is to delay Brexit as much as possible, imo.

Seems probable. From what I understand very few politicians have any real interest in Brexit. I honestly find it pretty impressive that they are making even weak attempts to do it since it's clear they don't want to.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2017 08:33 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scribble

The bbc article in not dated before the referendum, the mirror and huffington are, though.

Well, I'll take my statement back, it was wrong. I'm liking being on the other side, though.
I know, and I'd like to be on the other side too, but I think it'd be better if more people respected the opposition's right to refute. I would do that if the positions were reversed, although I know few others would. Either way, it's silly digging on the opposition for something you, too, would too, imo. It makes politics all about winning and losing, rather than it being about what it best for the country and its people.
Yeah, I'm not even anti-Brexit (ridiculous how many times I have to say this), I'm just anti-Brexit under this government. They're a bunch of ****ups, with May being the worst of the bunch. I'd have taken a Brexit under Cameron, but May? Yeah, no thanks.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2017 08:33 PM
Foxsteak
Restricted

Account Restricted

Seems probable. From what I understand very few politicians have any real interest in Brexit. I honestly find it pretty impressive that they are making even weak attempts to do it since it's clear they don't want to.
It's a very complex process and the plan, I always thought, was to align business more closely with the commonwealth and USA. There are just many factors to consider and no politician really wants to take the blame if it ****s up.

I know, and I'd like to be on the other side too, but I think it'd be better if more people respected the opposition's right to refute. I would do that if the positions were reversed, although I know few others would. Either way, it's silly digging on the opposition for something you, too, would too, imo. It makes politics all about winning and losing, rather than it being about what it best for the country and its people.
Yeah, I'm not even anti-Brexit (ridiculous how many times I have to say this), I'm just anti-Brexit under this government. They're a bunch of ****ups, with May being the worst of the bunch. I'd have taken a Brexit under Cameron, but May? Yeah, no thanks.
GET MAY OUT!!

Old Post Oct 12th, 2017 08:35 PM
BackFire

Cameron was smart to bail out when he did, didn't want to deal with the inevitable dumpster fire.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2017 08:37 PM
Foxsteak
Restricted

Account Restricted

Cameron was smart to bail out when he did, didn't want to deal with the inevitable dumpster fire.
Sure, but having the referendum anyway just for political points was dumb. They knew they wouldn't win the election without it.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2017 08:40 PM