KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Civil War Iron Man takes an Iron Fist to the face...

Civil War Iron Man takes an Iron Fist to the face...
Started by: TheVaultDweller

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Civil War Iron Man takes an Iron Fist to the face...

- Tony is wearing the armour he wore at the end of the film, when fighting Cap and Bucky.
- Iron Fist gets a free shot, right to Tony's face, and is hitting with as much power as he can (so, ground-pound, floorbuster-level strike).
- Tony does not dodge or block. He is relying on his suit to protect him.

What happens? Is he KO'd? Killed? Is he fine but his helmet gets messed up?

Old Post Oct 13th, 2017 02:32 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

He explodes into meaty chunks or at least gets a hole in his face or chest

Thanks for the sig Scot-and for the help with my avatar
When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Oct 13th, 2017 04:48 PM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

It was actually some "Because Science" episodes that prompted this. Like this one, for example:

The only time I actually recall him being KO'd while in the suit was at the end of the Avengers, but it had lost power at that point. Even in Civil War, his helmet gets battered and bent and his face bloodied, but he was still perfectly conscious and coherent at the end of the fight. I might be forgetting a showing, but is there any instance where he gets KO'd inside his suit while it is still functional? Not saying Kyle Hill's theory is correct, but is interesting to consider.

Last edited by TheVaultDweller on Oct 13th, 2017 at 05:02 PM

Old Post Oct 13th, 2017 05:00 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

quote: (post)
Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
He explodes into meaty chunks or at least gets a hole in his face or chest

Why would it? Iron Man's armor has withstood greater forces with no real damage to the armor.

He battled Thor. Thor landed some serious blows with his hammer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNvUrMA5ClM

A good punch from Iron Fist could damage the suit yes, but kill Iron Man. No.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2017 05:08 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

It's not the same armor my friend

When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Oct 13th, 2017 05:10 PM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
It was actually some "Because Science" episodes that prompted this. Like this one, for example:

The only time I actually recall him being KO'd while in the suit was at the end of the Avengers, but it had lost power at that point. Even in Civil War, his helmet gets battered and bent and his face bloodied, but he was still perfectly conscious and coherent at the end of the fight. I might be forgetting a showing, but is there any instance where he gets KO'd inside his suit while it is still functional? Not saying Kyle Hill's theory is correct, but is interesting to consider.

Yep in IM 2 party fight's end, the suit can be visibly seen coming back online after the repulsors explosion

Old Post Oct 13th, 2017 05:12 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

It's not the same armor my friend

No, it is the previous version of the armor.

We are talking about Mk XLVI here (Civil War). Which is an improvement from the Mk VII here (Which is an obsolete model compared to Civil War's one).

Old Post Oct 13th, 2017 05:12 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

Improvement in what exactly? Tasers and restraints?

Old Post Oct 13th, 2017 05:15 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

And for people who haven't seen the show Iron Fist (I know the early critic reviews made a lot of people decide to skip it), or might not remember all the feats totally clearly, this is the strike in question:

Old Post Oct 13th, 2017 05:16 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Yep in IM 2 party fight's end, the suit can be visibly seen coming back online after the repulsors explosion

Yeah, but was he actually knocked out while the suit was still online? IIRC, the suit is shown being offline for a couple of seconds before the eye lenses light up again, but we don't see his face directly.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2017 05:22 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Improvement in what exactly? Tasers and restraints?

Every aspect.

General strenght, durability, fire power, mobility, etc.

The Mk XLVI is far superior to the Mk VII seen in Avangers 1.

http://marvelcinematicuniverse.wiki...rmor:_Mark_XLVI

http://marvelcinematicuniverse.wiki...Armor:_Mark_VII

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXVzgHrJbCo

Iron Man Mk XLV (Which is inferior to XLVI) took direct hits from Ultron with no scratch.

Iron Fist could damage the suit i think, but breach it with one blow. No.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2017 05:22 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
And for people who haven't seen the show Iron Fist (I know the early critic reviews made a lot of people decide to skip it), or might not remember all the feats totally clearly, this is the strike in question:

thumb up

Old Post Oct 13th, 2017 05:23 PM
HulkIsHulk

Originally posted by Josh_Alexander

The Mk XLVI is far superior to the Mk VII seen in Avangers 1.

Iron Man Mk XLV (Which is inferior to XLVI)

Not when comparing them featwise where it is the total opposite

Old Post Oct 14th, 2017 11:35 AM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Not when comparing them featwise where it is the total opposite

Opposite? Sorry but i dont get you.

The Mk46 can withstand an iron fist to the face, thats all you need to know.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2017 03:59 PM
HulkIsHulk

Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
Opposite? Sorry but i dont get you.

The Mk46 can withstand an iron fist to the face, thats all you need to know.

Just that comparing them featwise the MK 46 is the vastly inferior one

Old Post Oct 15th, 2017 05:35 AM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Just that comparing them featwise the MK 46 is the vastly inferior one

No. It doesn't work like that. MK46 is superior to the previous models.

It's logic. You don't make another model else it is to improve the previous model.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2017 05:10 PM
HulkIsHulk

Here we go by feats. Not assumptions or wiki pages

Old Post Oct 15th, 2017 05:47 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Here we go by feats. Not assumptions or wiki pages

No. No feats put MK46 under MK6.

So based on logic MK6 is below.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2017 05:51 PM
John Murdoch

It would make sense that the Civil War armor is the most advanced one yet in terms of every stat across the board, but

- Avengers Armor gave a good fight to Thor (including some hammer shots and Thor attempting to crush Tony's left repulsor/gauntlet) and got hit around like a Ping-Pong ball in the SHIELD helicarrier's engine blades.

Now, compare this with IM3:

- Tony's remote-controlled armor gets smashed to bits by a tractor trailer. Makes no sense in light of his "inferior" armor model taking on Thor and all it survived in Avengers.

Furthermore, let's look at the Civil War armor:

- Bucky grips and then outright crushes one of Tony's repulsors/gauntlets. Is Bucky's robo-arm grip stronger than Thor's grip? I think not. Also stuff like Steve and Bucky rocking Tony with punches, Tony getting pinned down by falling cars, Steve overpowering Tony's boosters, etc.

It's clear by feats that Tony's suits in IM3 and Civil War aren't up to the same level as his suits in IM, IM2, Avengers, and Age of Ultron.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2017 12:24 AM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

Oh please. What feats does the MK 46 have that is above Mk 6? The only thing it has over MK6 is emp/taser projectiles, restraint projectiles, and combat analysis. I say for practically every damn feat of MK46 the MK6 has better

Old Post Oct 16th, 2017 12:24 AM