KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Supernatural Season 13

Supernatural Season 13
Started by: Surtur

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (34): « First ... « 28 29 [30] 31 32 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
riv6672

Yeah it’s a pretty epic moment....

Old Post Nov 19th, 2020 07:16 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

We shall see how this thing goes I guess. Hopefully the send off is good .

Old Post Nov 19th, 2020 07:38 PM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

I am 100% confident it might could be good.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2020 01:25 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

Well, uhm... that was a thing that happened.

Covid probably really kept it from being as impactful as they wanted.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2020 05:10 AM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Given the way it ended it almost seems like they were f*cking with us when they said they show might come back in 5-10 years for a miniseries.

It would render the ending pointless if they did that.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2020 02:40 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

As for the final 2 eps. Eh. It was always going to be hard to wrap this up in a way that satisfied everyone. The way they defeat Chuck is bizarre, why didn't he see it coming?

And [SPOILER - highlight to read]: who did Sam end up having a kid with? Eileen? They couldn't bring her in for a final appearance? Or hell just show a picture of her and Sam on their mantle?

Old Post Nov 20th, 2020 02:43 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Hey, it could be about Sam teaching his son to hunt. There is a whole life span to do of Sammy.

I think it was meant to be Eileen, that's why her face was never shown. I did like Dean ended up appearing the the Harvelle roadhouse but wthout actually seeing Jo or Ellen is just doesn't have that big a impact.

Though we did finally get to see real Bobby again. That's the best thing about the episode. I knew they would die, I knew it would be on a normal hunt, but I think Swan Song had the better way. Dean living out his life. Sam should have been the one to die on a hunt. The beginning was fine, and the end was how it was always going to have to be, just after the hunt, just not very fond of.

The episode did seem to bring back Dean to how he was before he became all emo and sad. SO that was a plus but overall it was a lot less impactful because there were not the people that needed to be there.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2020 08:54 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Though WTF was with [SPOILER - highlight to read]: elderly Sam's makeup and hair? Lol. It just looked weird. He aged super gracefully.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2020 10:39 PM
Kento
The last Hokage

Yea, I'm sure they could have done so much better with that part.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2020 10:54 PM
riv6672

After 15 years, I’m def. not gonna nitpick make up effects!

It wasn’t the ending I wanted, but it was better than some of the ones I’d imagined. And really, it kind of made sense. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: For Dean, beating Chuck was pretty much everything. Once done there was nothing left to obsess over. And while he might have been just fine if he’d lived, he might also have seen Sam eventually start a family, and become bitter and alone, a drunken mess who showed up at Sam’s occasionally to see his nephew and try to “toughen him up”, and who’d die after ****ing up a hunt and getting ppl killed instead of how he actually went out.
For Sam, the after hunting life was always an idea he carried around, something he’d wanted since he was a kid.
So yeah it sucks Dean got killed off but he went out in way better shape than he might have, and Sam missed him, but we all miss someone.

I def. like the improvements Jack made before he took off. I always thought the set up for the show’s [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Heaven was pretty damn crappy.

I enjoyed how Baby made it to [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Heaven w. Dean, and had its original KAZ 2Y5 plates, while back on earth Sam drove her w. the switched out plates they got way back in S2.
And yeah, that scene of Sam behind the wheel in the garage? Tear jerker.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2020 10:00 AM
riv6672

Oh, so yeah.
4 out of 5 stars for the last 2 eps of the show combined.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2020 10:16 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

The makeup was more so just funny. At one point they just gave Jared a wig with that had silver hair. Only on his deathbed did they add in a few wrinkles lol.

And I think [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Jack should have resurrected Dean. He deserved a shot at a family too and I can't believe Dean would be bitter if Sam got a family. Sam gets a shot at a happy life and Dean gets to...drive around in the impala for a bit lol. Even in heaven all Dean is able to do is wait for Sam. There was no "I'm gonna go see my mom and dad" or anything. Just "yeah, gonna do the thing I've literally done every day for the past 15 years".

And it's completely ridiculous Castiel is not featured even once in the series finale.

Last edited by Surtur on Nov 21st, 2020 at 04:15 PM

Old Post Nov 21st, 2020 04:13 PM
riv6672

Eh, i get what you’re saying, but I’m still okay w. how things went down, and no way would Dean be bitter at Sam, he’d just be bitter. It’s how my head canon’s made peace w. Dean’s fate.
As for Dean’s waiting, it wasn’t long. We were told time works differently.
I figure it was just the one drive, and then bam, reuinon and off to see everyone.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2020 06:29 PM
Kento
The last Hokage

The last episode really needed to have more than just a throwback to some random vampire chick. Sure we saw OG Bobby, which was amazing, but it really doesn't seem like a worthy finale.

Also... like IS Cas alive or dead? Cause Bobby says Cas helped make it, but was that just to how Cas 'raised' him, or like because he revived Cas and that was how they made heaven?

ALSO, this totally should have been a thing.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2020 07:15 AM
riv6672

Personal head canon? Yes Cass is alive.
No, the ending wasn’t perfect, screw you Covid!

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2020 09:31 AM
Kento
The last Hokage

laughing I swear I think you're the only one who really enjoyed teh ending. All over my facebook and twitter have been nothing but people disliking it, to saying it is worse than GoT ending. Which is not true in any way whatsoever. Very few things can be that terrible.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2020 09:36 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I enjoyed the ending too, **** the hater's.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2020 11:50 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by riv6672
Eh, i get what you’re saying, but I’m still okay w. how things went down, and no way would Dean be bitter at Sam, he’d just be bitter. It’s how my head canon’s made peace w. Dean’s fate.
As for Dean’s waiting, it wasn’t long. We were told time works differently.
I figure it was just the one drive, and then bam, reuinon and off to see everyone.

It was one drive, that is the point. I don't think it felt like decades for Dean, but his heaven was just driving until Sam died. Would have made more sense for him to be meeting with people who died and looking in on Sam occasionally and his family.

The last scene should have been Dean and Bobby chilling in the roadhouse with beers. Sam finally walks in, Bobby says "what took you so long?" and Dean tosses Sam a beer and says jerk. Sam replies b*tch. And the series ends.

That is how I would have done it. If it wasn't for covid there would be more people in the bar in the end, like Ellen, Joe, Ash, etc. But with covid they still had Bobby so they could have done my ending lol.

Last edited by Surtur on Nov 23rd, 2020 at 07:29 PM

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2020 07:27 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Kento
The last episode really needed to have more than just a throwback to some random vampire chick. Sure we saw OG Bobby, which was amazing, but it really doesn't seem like a worthy finale.

Also... like IS Cas alive or dead? Cause Bobby says Cas helped make it, but was that just to how Cas 'raised' him, or like because he revived Cas and that was how they made heaven?

Depends on how you define alive. Cas was pulled out of the empty and is in heaven and helped Jack remake it so it's not like the matrix. Or well it is like the matrix, but a better version. Could he return to earth? Who knows, but he is definitely not in the empty anymore.

We know God can pull people out of the empty and thus Jack now could too. So getting Cas out is probably the first thing he did once he left Sam and Dean.

It was also funny at the end of ep 19 cuz they kept asking Jack if they'd see him again, as in...you know, hang out and have some beers. He kept talking about being inside the beer and being in the raindrops and all that. It was one big "I'm just not into you how do I tell you we won't be hanging out, if you wanna see me go check your morning dew or something".

I'll tell you though, as Jack was walking away and Sam says "Bye Jack" it was a gut punch.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2020 07:33 PM
riv6672

Originally posted by Surtur
It was one drive, that is the point. I don't think it felt like decades for Dean, but his heaven was just driving until Sam died. Would have made more sense for him to be meeting with people who died and looking in on Sam occasionally and his family.

The last scene should have been Dean and Bobby chilling in the roadhouse with beers. Sam finally walks in, Bobby says "what took you so long?" and Dean tosses Sam a beer and says jerk. Sam replies b*tch. And the series ends.

That is how I would have done it. If it wasn't for covid there would be more people in the bar in the end, like Ellen, Joe, Ash, etc. But with covid they still had Bobby so they could have done my ending lol.

Shoulda coulda woulda, Surt.
Again, they worked around a freaking pandemic to bring us the final eps/series finale in a timely manner, and I appreciate it.
I can imagine some reality in which they decided to wait it out, only to have Ackles and Padalecki go on to different projects and they don’t get back to Supernatural till nearly a decade later, then the story picks back up w. all the actors available for cameos looking distinctly longer in the tooth.
“OMG Chuck and or Billy aged us all overnight!
Now back to our story”! laughing

Old Post Nov 24th, 2020 09:57 AM