KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Supernatural Season 13

Supernatural Season 13
Started by: Surtur

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (34): « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Premiere was decent, but once again we have angels and demons just forgetting their powers. God should just strip the demons of TK cuz they don't deserve it lol. Also remember when Cas first showed up there was a diner full of demons and although we didn't see it happen, we saw that after they all had their eyes burned out?

Now he just gets beat down in a comical fashion.

Also wait...is Bobby gonna bang their mom? It seems like he's gonna bang their mom.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2018 12:58 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
janus77
Banana Genius

Somebody's got to bang their mum. Ketch isn't around to lend a ...

I liked the premier too, though obviously they had Cas get captured just so they could have a story for the episode, as they began to build something of the season's arc around Michael/Dean.

Are you a Glinting Bastard?

Old Post Oct 14th, 2018 02:15 PM
janus77 is currently offline Click here to Send janus77 a Private Message Find more posts by janus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Right around the time I began to think "Oh this demon Kip is kinda interesting" he gets shanked. So much for his "I used to ride with Genghis Khan" comment lol.

Seriously you're an immortal demon. Don't murder people in overtly supernatural ways and you'll be fine you don't need to make deals with Sam and Dean. Or I dunno GO TO ANOTHER COUNTRY. Hell even London seems like it would be safe now that the men of letters there are gone. Continually hire normal human assassins to hunt Sam and Dean...give their information to the media and let the world know they are still alive, etc.

It's like they wanna die.

Last edited by Surtur on Oct 15th, 2018 at 12:35 PM

Old Post Oct 15th, 2018 12:32 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Castiel really should change his name to Hostagiel. Because Kip is right. That's basically what he is there for at this point.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2018 05:33 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

What was the point of keeping Nick as a character? I like the actor, but it seems pointless.

If they're not keeping him around to leave the door open for Lucifer to somehow return then it means we're gonna most likely be treated to a storyline of this guy brooding and crying about all the stuff he did as Satan.

I'm predicting an episode where he either goes along with them on a hunt(cuz they feel his memories of being Lucifer might hold the key to something) or an episode where monsters find their way into the bunker and Nick saves Sam or Dean at the last minute.

When Nick was crying over Lucifer with Castiel in the room I half expected Castiel to pat him on the back and go "there there, if it makes you feel any better all the angels are horrible people, I'm literally possessing the corpse of a guy I promised would come to no harm".

Last edited by Surtur on Oct 19th, 2018 at 01:28 PM

Old Post Oct 19th, 2018 01:25 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

So even arch angels apparently just forget that they have telekinetic powers.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2018 12:47 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Caught up on the latest two episodes. I enjoyed the one with the amped Djinn hunting hunters...but the one with the ghost possessing action figures was cringeworthy lol.

We learn a lot about Nu-Bobby in the latest episode though. This Bobby had a wife and a kid who died at the hands of angels. Poor Bobby can't get a break in any universe.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2018 02:50 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I struggle to find myself caring about the plot this season. Beyond the enhanced monsters arc, they are just retreading the same stuff as previous seasons. Sure, it might have a new coat of paint and some new characters, but in terms of actual story/plot points, not really anything we haven't seen before.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2018 05:46 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
I struggle to find myself caring about the plot this season. Beyond the enhanced monsters arc, they are just retreading the same stuff as previous seasons. Sure, it might have a new coat of paint and some new characters, but in terms of actual story/plot points, not really anything we haven't seen before.

That happened to me two seasons ago. It's the same flaw NCIS has (imo) - killed by its own success. It's so popular it just keeps going on and on, even though they've run out of new ideas.

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2018 06:41 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Yeah. Same Prob as Walking Dead. Just Wash Rinse Repeat over and over.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2018 07:07 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

This show has been repeating itself in one way or another since around seasons 4-5. What keeps people coming back has never truly been about plot twists, etc. People tune in for the writing and for a love of the characters/the universe. Last season was quite good and yet they didn't do a ton of new things.

Still we're early in the season and every season usually has something surprising and interesting. I don't even necessarily mean something that is surprising/interesting plotwise. One example would be the Scooby Doo episode. Or that episode that was done entirely from the POV of "Baby".

Last edited by Surtur on Nov 15th, 2018 at 07:57 PM

Old Post Nov 15th, 2018 07:54 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I am not just talking about repeating plot points though. Even their behaviour patterns are starting to just repeat itself season after season. You almost already know at which point of the season which brother is going to be down in the dumps while the other one cheers them up, only for an episode to come along that causes their positions to reverse.

If others still find it entertaining, that's great for them. But I've been skipping through bits of episodes where they have the same little parent-child, sibling-sibling motivational speeches and emotional moments etc. they've had a million times before.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2018 02:36 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
I am not just talking about repeating plot points though. Even their behaviour patterns are starting to just repeat itself season after season. You almost already know at which point of the season which brother is going to be down in the dumps while the other one cheers them up, only for an episode to come along that causes their positions to reverse.

If others still find it entertaining, that's great for them. But I've been skipping through bits of episodes where they have the same little parent-child, sibling-sibling motivational speeches and emotional moments etc. they've had a million times before.

The speeches do get old, but meh Sam and Dean are gonna be Sam and Dean. And these behavior patterns have been around since nearly the beginning of the series.

Just like usually there will always be a secret one is keeping from the other and usually the one who doesn't know the secret will usually find out about it at the worst possible time.

Last edited by Surtur on Nov 24th, 2018 at 02:53 PM

Old Post Nov 24th, 2018 02:49 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I always wondered why Lucifer even cared about taking a vessel. He wasn't after sex or drugs or food or anything else...just destruction.

We saw what Castiel, without a vessel, could do merely by speaking. Hell he only took a vessel because he thought Dean could perceive him speaking and found out he couldn't so he needed another way to talk to him. He was able to go to hell and free Dean without a vessel so it's not like they are weaker in that form. I'm not sure why an angel bent on nothing but destroying humanity would care enough to get a meat suit. Castiels true form is the size of a skyscraper, you'd have to assume Lucifers would be as big(probably bigger). Not sure why the dude didn't just go all Godzilla.

Well I know the reason is cuz they would need an actor to play him, but within the universe it makes no sense.

Last edited by Surtur on Nov 24th, 2018 at 02:59 PM

Old Post Nov 24th, 2018 02:52 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Garth!!!

Old Post Dec 14th, 2018 03:10 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

"Hi I'm Michael, I'm an evil arch angel who wants to destroy humanity. Since I have a nigh infinite amount of monsters to choose from...I'm gonna build my army out of djinns, werewolves, and vampires...cuz reasons."

Old Post Dec 15th, 2018 03:24 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Spoiler alert: this post is gonna contain spoilers for the latest episode, but I don't wanna put the entire thing in spoiler tags.

Overall I enjoyed the episode, which was the final episode of the year. It will be over a month before the next episode.

Anyways, when Garth first showed up I was afraid he was gonna get killed off so I'm glad to see he survived. Still I think their plan to use him to try to infiltrate Michael's monsters was silly. How could they think Michael would ever trust an ally of the Winchesters?

We see Michael once again takes possession of Dean's body and in doing so also destroys the magical spear that was the only thing capable of killing him. Michael also confirms that Jack's immortal and that his powers will eventually return. The episode ends with Michael signaling the start of the first phase of his plan: turning every single person in Kansas City(over 2 million people) into a vampire or a werewolf.

Last edited by Surtur on Dec 15th, 2018 at 08:18 PM

Old Post Dec 15th, 2018 08:15 PM
Flyattractor

Originally posted by Surtur
The episode ends with Michael signaling the start of the first phase of his plan: turning every single person in Kansas City(over 2 million people) into a vampire or a werewolf.

For some Parts of KC that would be a vast improvement.... especailly the MISERY Side... stick out tongue

Old Post Dec 15th, 2018 08:23 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

FEB 7th, Jeffrey Dean Morgan is back as John Winchester for the show’s 300th ep. Pretty cool.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2018 08:41 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by riv6672
FEB 7th, Jeffrey Dean Morgan is back as John Winchester for the show’s 300th ep. Pretty cool.

thumb up

Old Post Dec 15th, 2018 11:10 PM