KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movies you liked but can't rewatch

Movies you liked but can't rewatch
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Movies you liked but can't rewatch

I was listening to Cinema Snobs reviews yesterday, and he was talking about films he watched and liked but had no plans on seeing again. In your life what are some films you've seen- that you enjoyed at the time but currently you have no plans on watching again? What aspects of the film contribute to your hesitance to replay it, was it overlong, pretentious, or have your tastes changed since you last saw it?

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Oct 15th, 2017 05:27 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Once Were Warriors. One of the best movies I've ever seen, but also one of the most brutal with some really hard-to-watch scenes.

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2017 06:00 PM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

90% of the movies i watch/like are like that.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2017 07:20 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

The Star Wars Trilogy fall into this bag for me. I love em but I just can't get thru them any more.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2017 07:33 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

I enjoy post apocalyptic films & as good as The Road was, I can never find the mood to watch it again.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2017 12:06 PM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

For some reason I've never been able to get into the mood to watch Requiem for a Dream again. Even though I bought a dvd at a dollar store for $2 that had American Psycho and Requiem for a Dream on it. I bought it thinking I'd be in the mood to watch, but it never happened.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2017 10:05 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Can't watch Goonies any more either.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2017 06:10 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr Will Hatch

Something that was technically good and well made but bored me, like An Education.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2017 06:35 AM
Dr Will Hatch is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Will Hatch a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Will Hatch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
For some reason I've never been able to get into the mood to watch Requiem for a Dream again.
thumb up

12 Years a Slave
Amistad
Monster

Old Post Oct 17th, 2017 06:58 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

The Lord of the rings films, and I'm talking the un cut versions that have extra scenes, watched them once and they're really good but the normal versions are long enough without any added in scenes

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Oct 18th, 2017 12:37 AM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Memento
The Reverent
Gravity
Cast Away

Old Post Oct 18th, 2017 07:39 AM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

Mad max 3

Thanks for the sig Scot-and for the help with my avatar
When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Oct 18th, 2017 10:14 AM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Usual Suspects is another for me. Great movie, but already knowing who "Keyser Soze" actually is makes it...meh.

In fact for me that is true of most movies with a mystery or a big plot twist. Sixth Sense is another.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2017 02:40 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Book of Eli

Cool movie, but I think the twist ending sort of ruined it for me for repeat viewings.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2017 02:44 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Grave of the Fireflies and Salo, or the 120 Days of Sodom are probably the only two. Grave of the FF is just incredibly sad to the point where it kinda puts me in a funk for the rest of the day. Salo is just too unsettling and hopeless to watch more than once for me.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2017 07:35 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

Any of the NU Trek movies

Old Post Oct 19th, 2017 10:21 AM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

Originally posted by BackFire
Grave of the Fireflies and Salo,Grave of the FF is just incredibly sad to the point where it kinda puts me in a funk for the rest of the day.

I feel you on that one. Me and my wife just sat there in silence for a while after the movie ended.

I really can't watch any drama more than once. Great movies like the Departed lose their effect after you have already seen it once imo.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 04:36 AM
socool8520 is currently offline Click here to Send socool8520 a Private Message Find more posts by socool8520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

Some mentioned already have been The Road, Gravity, and 12 Years a Slave, all of which I agree with wholeheartedly.

I'll add:

- The Passion of The Christ
- American Sniper
- Silence of the Lambs
- JFK
- Schindler's List

I personally would rank Passion of The Christ, Silence of the Lambs, JFK, and Schindler's List well above American Sniper in terms of quality movies, though I still like Sniper.

None of the above really have a replayability factor.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 04:52 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ursumeles
Traitor

Originally posted by riv6672
90% of the movies i watch/like are like that.
thumb up

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 05:04 PM
Ursumeles is currently offline Click here to Send Ursumeles a Private Message Find more posts by Ursumeles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nuke Nixon
One Shot, One Kill

Originally posted by Flyattractor
The Star Wars Trilogy fall into this bag for me. I love em but I just can't get thru them any more.

They've aged badly, but I like that they're still there in case I ever want to watch them again.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 06:50 PM
Nuke Nixon is currently offline Click here to Send Nuke Nixon a Private Message Find more posts by Nuke Nixon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote