KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Knowing exposing others to HIV is no longer a felony in California

Knowing exposing others to HIV is no longer a felony in California
Started by: Surtur

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Flyattractor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BackFire
I'm glad you all agree with my point that having sex with corpses should remain legal and federally funded.

But only if they sign that Permission slip first...Cause You do live in Califunny after all!

Old Post Oct 15th, 2017 11:09 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Originally posted by dadudemon
Right. Off topic, but I like the law about what overtime really is. More than 8 hours, overtime. Instead of more than 40 hours, it's more than 8 hours in a day.

This stopped some very abusive practices and almost gerrymandering-like schedule packing and cracking to skirt around the 40 hour overtime cutoff.

I had to deal with the 8 hour rule when standing up an IT Site in LA. We had to do scheduling for a very large IT contract of the Federal Government. No overtime was allowed on the contract because the federal government peeps didn't want to pay it. So I had to staff in a way that satisfied the labor laws in all 3 sites I stood up.

It was certainly a logic puzzle of f*ckering in the beginning. But after I saw how abusive some of the other contracts could get with their 40 hour work week, it made sense. One of my employees, after someone reported the abusive cracking and packing of the schedules to get around the 40 hour a week limit, actually got a $6000 paycheck for back pay on overtime worked. He was a good employee. Came into work, did his job, and went home. But his time was certainly abused to get around the 40 hour thing.

So, yes, I agree with the 8 hour rule that CA has. It is a labor law put into place to protect exploited employees. Can't schedule someone to work two 16 hour days in a row but get around having to pay overtime just because the "work week" started anew! big grin Brilliant and wonderful labor law.

The law isn't quite as cut and dry as you may think. It is possible to work over 8 hours a day without overtime. My gf has a government job and works 9 hour days, but she only works 4 days every other week. She does not get overtime pay. She chooses this schedule over the regular 8 hours 5 days a week schedule so she gets an extra day off. I don't know the specifics of the law, but it seems if employees sign off on working more than 8 hour days like my gf did, they do not get overtime pay as a result.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2017 11:12 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

White People Problems or what?

Old Post Oct 15th, 2017 11:15 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by BackFire
The law isn't quite as cut and dry as you may think. It is possible to work over 8 hours a day without overtime. My gf has a government job and works 9 hour days, but she only works 4 days every other week. She does not get overtime pay. She chooses this schedule over the regular 8 hours 5 days a week schedule so she gets an extra day off. I don't know the specifics of the law, but it seems if employees sign off on working more than 8 hour days like my gf did, they do not get overtime pay as a result.

This is the exact case that can get around the rule: the employee has to sign-off on the schedule in very explicit terms.

There were several employees in CA who complained about not getting to work 4 days, 10 hour shifts. They loved it. So after 1 year where none of the CA employees getting to work 4-tens, we sent some ideas to legal and they said that it has to be in clear terms and signed by the employees that they want to work 4-tens. And we did it. So, yes, you're correct: that specific labor law is not ironclad and I'm quite sure people have been covertly threatened with termination if they did not sing-off their right to the 8+ hour overtime.

However, in general, I think this kind of law is a step in the correct direction. The libertarian side of me says that we shouldn't have laws like this and to let the employee and employer make their own rules. But the relationship, from the beginning, is very one-sided so there will never be equitable terms in these kinds of cases. Hence labor laws need to exist.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2017 11:28 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Flyattractor
White People Problems or what?

Having a full time job is white-people problems?

Old Post Oct 15th, 2017 11:30 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

I mean, this issue kinda reflects the issues I have with both the social left and social right in regards to sex. My issue with the social right's stance on sex is that it's too authoritarian and puritan and shit, such as with "abstinence only sex-ed," weird attempts to legislate what sex activities are allowed, opposition to gay marriage, etc. This leads to people not being equipped with the knowledge needed to participate in safe sex. Whereas my issue with the social left's stance on sex is that it's too swept up in "sexual liberation" to consider the necessity of sexual responsibility, which is apparent with being so sex-positive as to celebrate sex and suggest that discouraging casual sex is ****-shaming, or the people who are outraged when a pro-life person suggests that nobody is forcing anyone else to have a baby and that people should simply be responsible about and for their sexual activities. This dangerous attitude leads to the growing single motherhood rate.

As Jordan Peterson put it, we're not mature enough as a society to have an open an honest conversation about what the proper place of sex in our society should be.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Oct 15th, 2017 11:32 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Emperordmb
I mean, this issue kinda reflects the issues I have with both the social left and social right in regards to sex. My issue with the social right's stance on sex is that it's too authoritarian and puritan and shit, such as with "abstinence only sex-ed," weird attempts to legislate what sex activities are allowed, opposition to gay marriage, etc. This leads to people not being equipped with the knowledge needed to participate in safe sex. Whereas my issue with the social left's stance on sex is that it's too swept up in "sexual liberation" to consider the necessity of sexual responsibility, which is apparent with being so sex-positive as to celebrate sex and suggest that discouraging casual sex is ****-shaming, or the people who are outraged when a pro-life person suggests that nobody is forcing anyone else to have a baby and that people should simply be responsible about and for their sexual activities. This dangerous attitude leads to the growing single motherhood rate.

As Jordan Peterson put it, we're not mature enough as a society to have an open an honest conversation about what the proper place of sex in our society should be.

I mean you reflect more or less about how I feel when it comes to casual sex, etc. I'm not looking for a virgin, but nor am I looking for the town pump.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2017 11:35 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

This is the exact case that can get around the rule: the employee has to sign-off on the schedule in very explicit terms.

There were several employees in CA who complained about not getting to work 4 days, 10 hour shifts. They loved it. So after 1 year where none of the CA employees getting to work 4-tens, we sent some ideas to legal and they said that it has to be in clear terms and signed by the employees that they want to work 4-tens. And we did it. So, yes, you're correct: that specific labor law is not ironclad and I'm quite sure people have been covertly threatened with termination if they did not sing-off their right to the 8+ hour overtime.

However, in general, I think this kind of law is a step in the correct direction. The libertarian side of me says that we shouldn't have laws like this and to let the employee and employer make their own rules. But the relationship, from the beginning, is very one-sided so there will never be equitable terms in these kinds of cases. Hence labor laws need to exist.

Definitely. It's good to have a choice, my gf loves getting an extra day off every other week so I'm glad the option exists. It seems like a pretty cool deal.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2017 11:38 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Having a full time job is white-people problems?

I don't really call a 4 days every other week a full time job exactly. But then it is Government Work ...

Old Post Oct 15th, 2017 11:47 PM
BackFire

It's full time. She works 40 hour weeks, and it's local government, not federal government. It's not easy work, either. Some of it is very stressful and hectic.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2017 11:51 PM
Flyattractor

I am suddenly having a work pop into mind but I don't know exactly how to phrase it...

Old Post Oct 16th, 2017 12:00 AM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Originally posted by Surtur
I mean you reflect more or less about how I feel when it comes to casual sex, etc. I'm not looking for a virgin, but nor am I looking for the town pump.

Yeah my moral stance on sex is that it should be between two people in a genuine relationship.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Oct 16th, 2017 12:02 AM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Yeah my moral stance on sex is that it should be between two people in a genuine relationship.

thumb up

And in cases where it is not, they should both have informed-consent.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2017 12:07 AM
Flyattractor

thumb up

And in cases where it is not, they should both have informed-consent.

Does it have to be "Written Consent"?

Old Post Oct 16th, 2017 12:13 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Flyattractor
Does it have to be "Written Consent"?

These days it does. Some feminists think if you f*ck a dude and regret it...it is rape, the girl got raped.

So damn, by that logic I've been raped by fat chicks.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2017 12:16 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

These days it does. Some feminists think if you f*ck a dude and regret it...it is rape, the girl got raped.

So damn, by that logic I've been raped by fat chicks.

This reminds me of this young girls talking and they firmly believed that U.S Colleges are now the RAPE capitols of the World...so yea..Bring on the Sex Bots.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2017 12:19 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Do they need to make chubby sexbots just to be fair?

Old Post Oct 16th, 2017 12:21 AM
Flyattractor

Just as long as we don't let the bots Unionized...

Old Post Oct 16th, 2017 12:25 AM
cdtm

We're a society of selfish assholes.

One side doesn't want to be told who, when, where, or how to ****,,and the other side doesn't want to pay for their kids (And honestly, both sides don't want to pay. It's just one is willing to put the burdon on society, while the other just doesn't want to pay for society..)

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2017 01:17 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Also includes people who donate blood and do not disclose they have HIV. Just awesome. I know some leftist here will try to defend this, I know it. I await the insanity.

Didn't take long to show that you don't really give a shit about people being knowingly infected with HIV but just want to attack imaginary leftist stances.

Unsurprising.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Oct 16th, 2017 01:26 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote