KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Knowing exposing others to HIV is no longer a felony in California

Knowing exposing others to HIV is no longer a felony in California
Started by: Surtur

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
I find it funny this is what people on the left tend to say when they are the ones in the hot seat.
See its people like you who shouldn't be taken seriously because it's about issues not the left or the right.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2017 05:41 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
Uh, isn't sex a casual thing?

Casual sex is between two people who are not in a genuine relationship. So not married, engaged, or in a romantic relationship.

I don’t think casual sex should be legally restricted, because controlling that part of someone’s life with legal force would be horrifying, but I take moral issue with casual sex and think it should be discouraged.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Oct 16th, 2017 05:44 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
Well I'm no eLawyer, but instinctively I say yes, considering how lethal HIV can be but I'm going on feelings here.

I'd be open to hearing the legal reason(s) why the felony aspect is dropped, considering certain criteria has to be met for a crime to be a felony.

Oh I can give you the reasons they gave. The main reason is ending the "stigma" that keeps some from learning their HIV status. Oh they also said a person who undergoes treatment has a negligible chance of infecting others.

Last edited by Surtur on Oct 16th, 2017 at 05:49 PM

Old Post Oct 16th, 2017 05:46 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

There are those that do defend it though. Mostly coming from the gay community. You also don't need to care specifically about pronouns, but you should care that technically you could get jail time for not using the pronoun a person wants you to use.

And what I do isn't really any different from what people here do with conservatives.

This isn't even a left/right issue yet within 2 posts you tried to make it exactly that by inventing a strawman. You derailed your own thread with nonsense.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Oct 16th, 2017 05:49 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by jaden101
This isn't even a left/right issue yet within 2 posts you tried to make it exactly that by inventing a strawman. You derailed your own thread with nonsense.

No I disagree, this is an issue involving the left. It's SJW type shit that lead to something like this.

As for derailing the thread, well there isn't really going to be a big back and forth here anymore over this. If you disagree with me it is cool, I'm not here to convince you.

Last edited by Surtur on Oct 16th, 2017 at 05:59 PM

Old Post Oct 16th, 2017 05:50 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by quanchi112
See its people like you who shouldn't be taken seriously because it's about issues not the left or the right.

See, you have zero business talking about people who should not be taken seriously.

And sorry no, this is absolutely from the left, it's what their shit has lead to, where using the wrong pronoun can potentially net you jail time, but infecting someone on purpose with HIV will net you less time.

I'm sorry if you do not like this fact, but do not take it out on me for pointing it out. This is what I mean, when some on the left expose they are utter lunatics suddenly it is "it's not a left vs right thing". Nope sorry, it is for this.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2017 05:52 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Oh I can give you the reasons they gave. The main reason is ending the "stigma" that keeps some from learning their HIV status. Oh they also said a person who undergoes treatment has a negligible chance of infecting others.

Neither of those sounds like legal reasons/speak and considering your agenda into trying to twist things/anything into some anti "Leftist" angle, I don't know if you should be taken seriously here.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Oct 16th, 2017 06:07 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Neither of those sounds like legal reasons/speak and considering your agenda into trying to twist things/anything into some anti "Leftist" angle, I don't know if you should be taken seriously here.

And Rob I think you saying others shouldn't be taken seriously is priceless.

But we will ignore that for now. I'm relating to you what they are saying. A specific legal reason..I believe they say that when the laws were passed there was no effective treatment for HIV and there was rampant discrimination against people with HIV at the time. Look at this:

http://twitdoc.com/view.asp?id=4223...r=AsmToddGloria

What I can't understand is why they think having a hefty penalty for purposely spreading this disease would make people not want to come get tested.

Last edited by Surtur on Oct 16th, 2017 at 06:19 PM

Old Post Oct 16th, 2017 06:16 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

"we are helping to reduce the stigma that keeps some from learning their HIV status and getting into treatment to improve their health, extend their lives, and prevent additional infections." -snip

"We are going to end new HIV infections, and we will do so not by threatening people with state prison time, but rather by getting people to test and providing them access to care." -snip

"it is not only fair, but it's good public health. When people are no longer penalized for knowing their status, it encourages them to come forward, get tested and get treatment." -snip

That all sounds good, lowering infection rates. I still don't see the 'X' reason why the knowingly infecting someone with HIV is no longer a felony? Are you sure this is actually a thing and not something TheBlaze invented?

Old Post Oct 16th, 2017 06:25 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Oh it's a thing. If it makes you feel better: CNN reported on it too, so did WaPo, among others.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2017 06:31 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Did they report on the actual legal reasons as to why? Cos that's what I'm curious about, not your usual "but Leftist/Liberals/Progesssives!" buttf##kery

Old Post Oct 16th, 2017 06:36 PM
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think we can tell which people in this thread do and don't have STI's if you get my vibe....

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Oct 16th, 2017 06:38 PM
Kurk is currently offline Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Did they report on the actual legal reasons as to why? Cos that's what I'm curious about, not your usual "but Leftist/Liberals/Progesssives!" buttf##kery

No lol. Example:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/07/healt...gned/index.html

Old Post Oct 16th, 2017 06:41 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Kurk
I think we can tell which people in this thread do and don't have STI's if you get my vibe....

If that was an attack on me, I've never had a sexually transmitted disease. Not because I'm in Incel like you, but because I'm both careful and responsible.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2017 06:41 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

No lol. Example:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/07/healt...gned/index.html

Actually, that would have been a "yes" and thank you for finally posting the reason(s)

"argued California law was outdated and stigmatized people living with HIV, especially given recent advancements in medicine. Evidence has shown that a person with HIV who undergoes regular treatment has a negligible chance of spreading the infection to others through sexual contact." -snip

Well that sounds stupid, as HIV is still deadly as shit, even with new advances.

"The most effective way to reduce HIV infections is to destigmatize HIV," Wiener told CNN. "To make people comfortable talking about their infection, get tested, get into treatment." -snip

I can see their point here, to the overall greater good. I just don't see why the "knowingly infecting" where it can be proven is off the felony table. I can see accidental infections being lowered.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2017 06:46 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Actually, that would have been a "yes" and thank you for finally posting the reason(s)

"argued California law was outdated and stigmatized people living with HIV, especially given recent advancements in medicine. Evidence has shown that a person with HIV who undergoes regular treatment has a negligible chance of spreading the infection to others through sexual contact." -snip

Well that sounds stupid, as HIV is still deadly as shit, even with new advances.

"The most effective way to reduce HIV infections is to destigmatize HIV," Wiener told CNN. "To make people comfortable talking about their infection, get tested, get into treatment." -snip

I can see their point here, to the overall greater good. I just don't see why the "knowingly infecting" where it can be proven is off the felony table. I can see accidental infections being lowered.

But I posted this:

The thing you just quoted talks about the stigma of people with HIV(like I do in this post) and I also talked about the chances of spreading it being negligible.

Other posts by me cover the circumstances in which the laws were passed.

But anyways meh, like you said there is no reason for intentionally infecting someone to not be a felony.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2017 06:50 PM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

No I disagree, this is an issue involving the left. It's SJW type shit that lead to something like this.

As for derailing the thread, well there isn't really going to be a big back and forth here anymore over this. If you disagree with me it is cool, I'm not here to convince you.

Well feel free to prove that rather than you just wanting it to be the case.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Oct 16th, 2017 06:50 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

But I posted this:

The thing you just quoted talks about the stigma of people with HIV(like I do in this post) and I also talked about the chances of spreading it being negligible.

Other posts by me cover the circumstances in which the laws were passed.

The way your worded it, it looked like your usual tactics, you've also made it abundantly clear that your entire agenda in here is to shit on Liberals, so don't get pissy if people don't take your games seriously; why I asked for actual proof.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2017 06:51 PM
Flyattractor

So you can't then. 👍 smashing.

More like Don't Wanna...because well that would be like...

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Oct 16th, 2017 06:57 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well feel free to prove that rather than you just wanting it to be the case.

Prove what? It's an opinion. It's not like there was a study done. IMO this is the result of the identity politics and SJWs. It is why I brought up the pronoun stuff, because I feel these are the type of craziness this shit ultimately leads to.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2017 06:58 PM