KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Which character has gotten angriest

Which character has gotten angriest
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
riv6672

Re: Re: Which character has gotten angriest

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Stoic
Atrocitus isn't on the list. Oh well.

^^^yeah i tried not to use sucky characters. whistle wink

Originally posted by WolverineX25
This is entirely subjective, but I'd have to go with Wolverine and the Punisher. The reason is even though anger is a habitual part of their personality, it is a character contrast to their existing empathy and deep buried compassion. Wolverine and Punisher are not evil people, at least not in my perception, but they commit evil acts against those they believe deserve it because of how extreme their levels of anger become.

Orion and Superman have been angry and their anger can result in massive danger and destruction, but they don't have a usual pattern or development of anger, it's more as though they just snap when they are unable to restrain emotion.

Lobo has expressed anger many times, but he is naturally sadistic, naturally evil, and has little to no empathic qualities to contrast with his anger. Whether he is angry or not makes no difference in what he would do to another being. He would torture and kill someone simply because he felt like it, and no anger is even required on his part to get to that point.

Thor, like Superman, has shown anger many times, and actually has a greater pattern of anger and rage than Superman does. He went crazy when he was drunk on the Power Gem of course, and he's beaten Iron Man nearly to death and tried to kill Angela and Jane Thor in his natural rage, but I just don't perceive his anger to be on the same level as Wolverine and the Punisher - it's more like spoiled God anger, the anger of an offended God, an ego that was bruised - while Wolverine / Punisher's anger derives from long festered pain and misery which grew over the years.

Batman is angry and has deep buried anger and is obviously not a mentally stable being, despite his efforts to retain his sanity. He has snapped and has been unrecognizable many a time when his emotions get the best of him, but he has not done anything close to what the Punisher or Wolverine have done in terms of brutality and violence.

The Punisher is the Angriest character on this list, followed by Wolverine in my opinion.

Hey!
Great post, thank you...thumb up

Old Post Oct 18th, 2017 02:59 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by darthgoober
Yeah but it's not like he was someone who spent his whole life working in an office building, he was a veteran. Mob bosses can be "family men" but it doesn't take a white hot rage to push them to the point of killing. That's not to say that he's not extremely angry, just that he's not automatically more angry than anyone just because he/she doesn't kill.

Yup,a vet who put it all behind him to become a happy family man.

Then does a complete 180, and has kept on that 180.

Alt universes I know,but contrast Punisher: the End,with something like Old Man Logan.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2017 06:14 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wuleecat

I'm going to give an honourable mention to Guy Gardner. The man seems to be in a permanent state of somewhere between highly pissed off and furious, depending on what side of the bed he got out of.

From the list, I think it's Orion. He is always, always in a roid-rage and quite often some unsuspecting feeb will get the snot beaten of them as a consequence, for doing something unpardonable like looking at him the wrong way.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2017 06:15 AM
wuleecat is currently offline Click here to Send wuleecat a Private Message Find more posts by wuleecat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

This thread is dumb.

The whole WWH arc was about a character whose sole shtick was to be constantly angry then being granted a shot at happiness and peace, and having it brutally ripped away.

I'm not saying Hulk has more reason to be angry, but he's obviously the angriest of the characters listed.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2017 06:23 AM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by Smurph
This thread is dumb.

This thread is as a mirror to those who reply. big grin

Old Post Oct 18th, 2017 09:48 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

The whole WWH arc was about a character whose sole shtick was to be constantly angry then being granted a shot at happiness and peace, and having it brutally ripped away.

So....the Punisher origin storythumb up.

And even then,during WWH, at his angriest as you say....the Hulk held himself in check, and didn't cross the line.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2017 09:51 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

Not only that but he constantly did calculations so that no innocent bystander would ever be hurt no expression

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Oct 18th, 2017 10:16 AM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

That's why he was so dangerous.

WWH was essentially angry as always,but this time he was calculating and cunning. Using tactics, weapons etc.

Much like...the Punisher.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2017 10:20 AM
riv6672

^^^good (scary) point(s).

Old Post Oct 18th, 2017 10:36 AM
Smurph
------

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
So....the Punisher origin storythumb up.

And even then,during WWH, at his angriest as you say....the Hulk held himself in check, and didn't cross the line.
Except that the Punisher wasn't already the angriest guy around before that happened.

Yeah, the Hulk is meant to be a very angry superhero. I suppose the Red Lanterns might be angrier because they have no reason to keep their rage in check... but for this thread, it's clearly Hulk. erm

Old Post Oct 18th, 2017 04:04 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Except that the Punisher wasn't already the angriest guy around before that happened.

Yeah, the Hulk is meant to be a very angry superhero. I suppose the Red Lanterns might be angrier because they have no reason to keep their rage in check... but for this thread, it's clearly Hulk. erm

No he wasn't,but it made him the angriest person around.

I mean,yes,Hulks powers are dependant on his rage. But then,so is the Punisher's will and drive to go up against mobsters and costumes, whilst being a baseline 60year old or so human, a lot of the time without the fancy gear or funding of Bats.

Just because it doesn't manifest as a giant green rage monster,doesn't mean he's less angry. Arguably it means he's even more, without the safety net of a HF or gamma rads.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2017 04:12 PM