KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » 1 Child vs 1,000 Embryos

1 Child vs 1,000 Embryos
Started by: juggerman

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (25): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
juggerman

1 Child vs 1,000 Embryos

"I'M THE JUGGERMAN B!TCH"

Old Post Oct 19th, 2017 12:39 PM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

The dude himself even admits embryos have value, so he kinda tanks his own argument given that an abortion isn't a question of whether or not a human child dies or if an embryo dies.

Still better then the several other shitty pro-choice arguments I've seen.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Oct 19th, 2017 01:01 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Interesting. It reminds me how one way to truly test someone who is pro abortion is to ask if someone who physically assaults a pregnant woman and causes her to miscarriage should be charged with murder. Their answer usually tells you all you need to know about them.

Seems like now there is a question for both sides.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2017 01:03 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Emperordmb
The dude himself even admits embryos have value, so he kinda tanks his own argument given that an abortion isn't a question of whether or not a human child dies or if an embryo dies.

Still better then the several other shitty pro-choice arguments I've seen.

Thinking about it more...I do see some flaws. A lot of people against abortion are in favor of it if the mothers life is in danger. If they are willing to put the mother above the fetus, I can't see why they wouldn't be willing to put a child above embryos in a life and death situation.

So actually wait, this is kind of retarded lol. It doesn't take into account people tend to be against an abortion when it's being done for no other reason than the person was irresponsible with their sex life. I am sure some are hardcore and would say even if the mothers life is at risk she can't abort it, but most are not that extreme.

So this seems quite silly, they have already shown they will put the mothers life ahead of the fetus, so the embryo thing is weird. It assumes everyone against abortion would be against it in any circumstance, that is the only way I can interpret the life and death scenario the guy put forth.

So this seems like something where on the surface it makes sense...until you thik more about it and it starts to fall apart.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2017 01:13 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Originally posted by Surtur
Interesting. It reminds me how one way to truly test someone who is pro abortion is to ask if someone who physically assaults a pregnant woman and causes her to miscarriage should be charged with murder. Their answer usually tells you all you need to know about them.

Seems like now there is a question for both sides.

Assuming there is a way to prove that the assault caused the miscarriage without a doubt, no I still don't think that's quite the same as murder.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2017 01:29 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Thinking about it more...I do see some flaws. A lot of people against abortion are in favor of it if the mothers life is in danger. If they are willing to put the mother above the fetus, I can't see why they wouldn't be willing to put a child above embryos in a life and death situation.

So actually wait, this is kind of retarded lol. It doesn't take into account people tend to be against an abortion when it's being done for no other reason than the person was irresponsible with their sex life. I am sure some are hardcore and would say even if the mothers life is at risk she can't abort it, but most are not that extreme.

So this seems quite silly, they have already shown they will put the mothers life ahead of the fetus, so the embryo thing is weird. It assumes everyone against abortion would be against it in any circumstance, that is the only way I can interpret the life and death scenario the guy put forth.

So this seems like something where on the surface it makes sense...until you thik more about it and it starts to fall apart.

thumb up thumb up thumb up

I'm pro-life but absolutely support abortion in the case of danger to the mother's life.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!

Old Post Oct 19th, 2017 01:30 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Assuming there is a way to prove that the assault caused the miscarriage without a doubt, no I still don't think that's quite the same as murder.

I agree, problem is people have indeed been charged for causing the death of a fetus. So in a state where that is possible abortion should be illegal. You can't murder something that isn't a life.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2017 01:32 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

victory by strawman.

good job, squirt thumb up

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2017 01:36 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

I'm not even sure Surt is pro-life lol, I think he just thinks this guy's argument is retarded.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2017 01:38 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

that's why nobody on the pro-life side can seem to confront it honsestly and answer it. because as the author states: it's obvious to everyone that the correct answer is to save the child, vs 1000 embryos and vs 1000000 embryos.

someone wanna prove the author wrong without all the weaponized fallacies?

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2017 01:41 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

A stupid comparison.

Many would probably save a child over 1,000 full grown adults. No one was ever arguing human beings are able to form attachments with an unborn child in the same way they form one with children.

It's like asking, would you save 1,000 people or your own child? Or 1,000 babies, or your baby.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2017 02:34 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Originally posted by cdtm
Many would probably save a child over 1,000 full grown adults.

No, that would be idiotic. If the goal is to minimize the amount of suffering that would be an idiotic decision.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2017 02:44 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
No, that would be idiotic. If the goal is to minimize the amount of suffering that would be an idiotic decision.

Many of those 1,000 full grown people would probably wish the child saved over themselves, too.

Very idiotic. But feelings usually are.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2017 02:56 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Originally posted by cdtm
Many of those 1,000 full grown people would probably wish the child saved over themselves, too.

Very idiotic. But feelings usually are.

Yes, but we're not talking about each of those adults' opinion. We're talking about a dispassionate, logical means of minimizing suffering. 1,000 adults wins over one child. End of story.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2017 02:58 PM
Bentley
Seitei

1 Child vs 5 Old people (over 80)

Go!

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Oct 19th, 2017 02:59 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

I was talking about the books logic. If there's another argument going on, I'm not in it.

My main point is, yes, we feel differently about a fetus then we do with a baby we can hold in our arms, or a child we can see or conceptualize.

Just like we feel.differently about a middle aged homeless begger junkie or a bright eyed child with the world ahead of them. (Edit: Or what Bently said. Good one.. thumb up )

It's an unfair comparison to prove a political point.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2017 03:02 PM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Especially since this dude even admits Embryos have value, and is thus tanking his own argument since abortion is not a situation such as this.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2017 03:07 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

no, he really didn't.

anyone want to actually confront the question with intellectual honesty?

Old Post Oct 19th, 2017 03:09 PM
cdtm

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
no, he really didn't.

anyone want to actually confront the question with intellectual honesty?

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
that's why nobody on the pro-life side can seem to confront it honsestly and answer it. because as the author states: it's obvious to everyone that the correct answer is to save the child, vs 1000 embryos and vs 1000000 embryos.

someone wanna prove the author wrong without all the weaponized fallacies?

Tag, nothing "intellectual" here. You're talking about feelings.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2017 03:51 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

'intellectual honesty' as in 'how would you likely confront the situation if actually forced to it.'

so yes: intellectual

Old Post Oct 19th, 2017 03:54 PM