KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » 1 Child vs 1,000 Embryos

1 Child vs 1,000 Embryos
Started by: juggerman

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (25): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

the cognative dissonance on display here is astounding. lots of chest-pounding and no answers to a very simple question. 'nailed it" indeed.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2017 08:39 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
the cognative dissonance on display here is astounding. lots of chest-pounding and no answers to a very simple question. 'nailed it" indeed.

The irony overload of this statement is astounding too.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2017 08:39 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Surtur
It doesn't matter, we still have people putting the life of the person before it. It failed. Like I said: there will be no gotcha.

IOW: "I dismiss the meat of his argument so I can feel like I've won."

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Oct 19th, 2017 08:40 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard

No, the argument ends up failing. If we knew a woman was pregnant with twins or 3 kids or that she'd have 8, I think people would still favor abortion if giving birth would kill the mother.

I know you wanted a gotcha, and I know why you wanted it with this, but it's not going to happen. But hey Bash will praise you, that counts, maybe?

Old Post Oct 19th, 2017 08:41 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

No, the argument ends up failing. If we knew a woman was pregnant with twins or 3 kids or that she'd have 8, I think people would still favor abortion if giving birth would kill the mother.

I know you wanted a gotcha, and I know why you wanted it with this, but it's not going to happen. But hey Bash will praise you, that counts, maybe?

Look at these twist. The number isn't two, three or eight, sport, it's 1,000. Again, try and attack the argument he made; not the one you've invented.

If you believed an embryo is the same as a human life, would you save one life to sacrifice one thousand. That's his argument.

Last edited by Robtard on Oct 19th, 2017 at 08:49 PM

Old Post Oct 19th, 2017 08:46 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

(please log in to view the image)

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2017 08:49 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Look at these twist. The number isn't two, three or eight, sport, it's 1,000. Again, try and attack the argument he made; not the one you've invented.

If you believed an embryo is the same as a human life, would you save one life to sacrifice one thousand. That's his argument.

And I'm saying people already choose the mother over the life inside her, so yes they'd choose the child, and it would prove nothing.

But hey, Bash bingo'ed you. Props.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2017 08:50 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

His argument is that no "life beings at conception" anti-abortion believer is going to choose the 1,000 embryos over the 1 child, despite the crux of their anti-abortion argument being that there's no difference between a born child and a clump of cells, when we know any sane person would choose to save the 1,000 lives, personal attachments not being in play. These are the people he's targeting in his point.

If you still can't get this, then check your brain.

Last edited by Robtard on Oct 19th, 2017 at 09:04 PM

Old Post Oct 19th, 2017 09:02 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Rob, accept the loss. Maintain some dignity. It just won't be happening.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2017 09:04 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Rob, accept the loss. Maintain some dignity.

IOW: "I have no valid counter so I'm going to dodge the actual points, maintain my strawman argument and declare I've won."

Old Post Oct 19th, 2017 09:05 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Rob, put the shovel down please.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2017 09:06 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Rob, put the shovel down please.

^ Surtur feeling that shovel bashing against his head

Old Post Oct 19th, 2017 09:07 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

^ Surtur feeling that shovel bashing against his head

Are you threatening me with violence now? Typical leftist, maybe throw on a black mask too.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2017 09:08 PM
Bentley
Seitei

Choosing 1 child over 1000 embryos is irrational though. Just going by statistics even if you have 3/4ths that die before birth that's 250 rich full lives with a variety of a gene pool that we will just dump.

I think people don't understand what this kind of number and this kind of population means, potentially.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Oct 19th, 2017 09:08 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Bentley
Choosing 1 child over 1000 embryos is irrational though. Just going by statistics even if you have 3/4ths that die before birth that's 250 rich full lives with a variety of a gene pool that we will just dump.

I think people don't understand what this kind of number and this kind of population means, potentially.

Also people tend to not always act rationally during a disaster like a fire. They won't be thinking "oh well the statistics!". It's another reason why this fails.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2017 09:12 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Also people tend to not always act rationally during a disaster like a fire. They won't be thinking "oh well the statistics!". It's another reason why this fails.

^

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Oct 19th, 2017 09:16 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Do you think people act rationally during an emergency, Rob? Because asking someone who is calm and cool the question is f*cktarded kinda. But hey keep on pretending.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2017 09:27 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

But hey keep on pretending.

said the silly squirt parading around with his imaginary "i won the thread" trophy.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2017 09:28 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
said the silly squirt parading around with his imaginary "i won the thread" trophy.

Lol, you aren't to be taken seriously. Especially when you consistently bring up this "winning" shit. You celebrate more pretend victories than anyone here. There is no debate in that lol. There is no clever quip or meme you can post to negate it. How's that feel?

Old Post Oct 19th, 2017 09:29 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Do you think people act rationally during an emergency, Rob? Because asking someone who is calm and cool the question is f*cktarded kinda. But hey keep on pretending.

^

Doubling down on the foolery

Old Post Oct 19th, 2017 09:31 PM