KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » angel (classic) vs nightwing

angel (classic) vs nightwing
Started by: leonidas

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

angel (classic) vs nightwing

i'm bored and no one makes angel thread. /shrug

Old Post Oct 19th, 2017 09:40 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathslash
Pyromaniacal Humanitarian

Nightwing beats him into the ground IMO.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2017 11:57 PM
deathslash is currently offline Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Re: angel (classic) vs nightwing

quote: (post)
Originally posted by leonidas
no one makes angel thread.

You can guess why.

Dick accidentally rips Warren in half.

Worthington in his classic form was not featless of course, even had nice physicals:

(please log in to view the image)

He just doesn't have what it takes to match Dickwing, unless... we're talking about Rebirth only.

Poor DC. They can't do anything without rebooting their universe twice a day.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2017 12:13 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

I give it to Nightwing, but just barely, and due to him having a crapload more feats than Warren of course.
Written/portryed correctly/dynamically, Warren could/should be to flying characters what Nightwing is to gymnasts...

...but he's never had a writer/artist team take the kind of interest in him Dixon & McDaniel showed Nightwing back in the day.

Based on his brief appearance in Thunderbolts, i think Busiek & Bagley might have been that team...-sigh-

Old Post Oct 20th, 2017 04:43 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

thumb up i still think warren could take a couple here, though i give dick a solid majority.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2017 05:03 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

Angel has quite a few durability showings as well.

Going by Chuck Austen's run he'd ****ing murder Nightwing.

His average is something else though...

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Oct 20th, 2017 05:55 PM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

kinda what i was thinking....

Old Post Oct 20th, 2017 07:34 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Leo, you seriously need to be more specific about the versions of the characters in the OP.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2017 08:20 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

angel. classic. the one with white wings that everybody knows. not very complex. no expression

Old Post Oct 20th, 2017 09:07 PM
DarkSaint85

Re: angel (classic) vs nightwing

i'm bored and no one makes angel thread. /shrug

That's because he's shit

Old Post Oct 20th, 2017 09:31 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

sad i think he'd beat beast. thumb up

Old Post Oct 20th, 2017 10:43 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

angel. classic. the one with white wings that everybody knows. not very complex. no expression

And yet you accept the feats post-Sabretooth shredding when he had the healing blood? Hmmm.

In the other thread, you suddenly want to use classic Archangel w/o it.

Hey, correct me if I'm wrong. Warren had many incarnations. That's why I'm confused here.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2017 11:16 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

(a) not sure what i accepted... blue angle above in the scan? i was upping the fact that he could have been better than he's been written, not the version he showed.

(b) the other thread is close to spite if we use the full-on version of arch angel, hence the reasoning for not. in threads, i'll usually say if it's this, than this happens, if it's that, this does because (1) most don't read OP's anyway, (2) usually even if they do, they STILL give opinions about different versions. so, yeah--assume the version that gives the best match up. iow, the one that doesn't make it look like i'm an idiot. thumb up

Old Post Oct 21st, 2017 12:52 AM
riv6672

laughing out loudnooice

Old Post Oct 21st, 2017 04:24 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Blue skin or no?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Oct 21st, 2017 05:43 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Blue skin had just the wings.
See above.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2017 09:55 AM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Old Post Oct 21st, 2017 09:59 AM
riv6672

Que?

Old Post Oct 21st, 2017 10:10 AM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

That incarnation was famous for its secondary mutation.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2017 10:12 AM
riv6672

Meh, whatever. He was just classic Angel with a cooler look.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2017 10:17 AM