KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Jon Snow runs a GOT Gauntlet

Jon Snow runs a GOT Gauntlet
Started by: Rebel95

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
juggerman

quote: (post)
Originally posted by FrothByte
Then all the more I'm confused why you think Bronne is better than Jon? The only clean one on one fight Bronn won was over the vale knight who was encumbered by armor and who had zero feats for us to know how good he was. Bronn couldn't beat a sand snake (sand snakes who couldn't take down a 1 armed Jamie) and was only able to beat the Dothraki through circumstance. Other than that, Bronn has been fighting in giant melee battles and didn't perform quite as impressively as Jon Snow.

You forgot about the Dornishmen that accosted him and Jaime before they fought the Snakes. Bronn tossed that dagger with crazy accuracy, killed another one fast as hell and injured one for the sole purpose of giving Jaime a shot. Then he killed that last one off screen

"I'M THE JUGGERMAN B!TCH"

Old Post Oct 21st, 2017 04:06 AM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman

Originally posted by ares834
Jon took on the fookin' Legend of Gin Alley.

He clear with ease.

Originally posted by Firefly218
Bronn > Dragon therefore is > Jon

I dunno which one is better big grin

Old Post Oct 21st, 2017 04:07 AM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Originally posted by juggerman
You forgot about the Dornishmen that accosted him and Jaime before they fought the Snakes. Bronn tossed that dagger with crazy accuracy, killed another one fast as hell and injured one for the sole purpose of giving Jaime a shot. Then he killed that last one off screen

Yeah but Jon has dozens of feats similar feats against wildlings, nights watch and random soldiers during battle. Not the knife throwing part but the taking out fodder easily part.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2017 04:39 AM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rebel95

Originally posted by ares834
Arya claims it causes him to be much slower in the previous episode and that is should be cauterized.

Oh wow you're right I never noticed that before. I agree that under normal circumstances the Hound would probably win, but it's still a great feat for Brienne, and "sick and weakly" is a bit of an exaggeration lol

Last edited by Rebel95 on Oct 21st, 2017 at 04:56 AM

Old Post Oct 21st, 2017 04:45 AM
Rebel95 is currently offline Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman

Yeah but Jon has dozens of feats similar feats against wildlings, nights watch and random soldiers during battle. Not the knife throwing part but the taking out fodder easily part.

Different fodder with different styles. Again wildlings have no armor and shit weapons when compared to southern fighters

Old Post Oct 21st, 2017 04:45 AM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Different fodder with different styles. Again wildlings have no armor and shit weapons when compared to southern fighters

Do you have any proof that they have shit weapons? And Bronn himself beat someone else with far superior armor to his own.

Besided, you seem to have glossed over the fact that it wasn't just wildlings that Jon fought but various other soldiers in various other battles.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2017 04:48 AM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Originally posted by Ursumeles
Bronn took on two Sandsnakes, and they fought for a minute at best. Also, two sand snakes were able to give Euron trouble, who was slaughtering Yara's men, and beat Yara herself (who cut through Ironborn with ease) in less than half a minute. So yeah, it's not a bad feat.

Bronn took on 2 sand snakes in the beginning but one left and he ended up facing the other in single combat. And he ended up on the worse end of that fight.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2017 04:51 AM
Rebel95

Wildlings appear to well equipped when it comes to battle, aside from armor

Old Post Oct 21st, 2017 04:52 AM
Rebel95 is currently offline Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman

Do you have any proof that they have shit weapons? And Bronn himself beat someone else with far superior armor to his own.

Besided, you seem to have glossed over the fact that it wasn't just wildlings that Jon fought but various other soldiers in various other battles.

Yes I do. I believe they stated it in the show and you can see they have weapons made of bone and rocks. Some do have metal weapons but you can't argue they are able to forge weapons as well as the kingdoms south of the wall

I didn't gloss that over. I specifically stated that Jon fought in battles but mostly those are mayhem and vastly different from a 1v1 fight. Plus he has had significant trouble against dirty fighters in the past

Originally posted by Rebel95
Wildlings appear to well equipped when it comes to battle, aside from armor

You can't really claim that weapons north of the wall are as good as the weapons south

Old Post Oct 21st, 2017 05:19 AM
Mindset

Yes I do. I believe they stated it in the show and you can see they have weapons made of bone and rocks. Some do have metal weapons but you can't argue they are able to forge weapons as well as the kingdoms south of the wall

I didn't gloss that over. I specifically stated that Jon fought in battles but mostly those are mayhem and vastly different from a 1v1 fight. Plus he has had significant trouble against dirty fighters in the past

You can't really claim that weapons north of the wall are as good as the weapons south
There's no reason to think weapons south of the wall are better than ones beyond the wall.

Nothing from the show backs that notion up.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Oct 21st, 2017 06:37 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman

Of course there is. North of the Wall is is much less "advanced" than that of in the South. Again you clearly see some of the weapons are made of wood, rock and bone.

Also remember Gendry noticing Arya had "Castle forged steel"? That clearly shows there a difference between metal made by higher ups and the lower people and that on the same side of the Wall. There is no reason to believe the Free Folk can forge weapons to the same degree as lords in the South

Old Post Oct 21st, 2017 06:48 AM
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

If anything, Northmen weapons are superior as they withstand the brutal temperature extremes without shattering and go blow for blow with "proper" Westerosi steel.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2017 06:48 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman

Originally posted by KingD19
If anything, Northmen weapons are superior as they withstand the brutal temperature extremes without shattering and go blow for blow with "proper" Westerosi steel.

There's nothing to show "proper Westerosi steel" can't handle cold. Winterfell is very cold and they don't have any issues

Old Post Oct 21st, 2017 06:50 AM
Mindset

Of course there is. North of the Wall is is much less "advanced" than that of in the South. Again you clearly see some of the weapons are made of wood, rock and bone.

Also remember Gendry noticing Arya had "Castle forged steel"? That clearly shows there a difference between metal made by higher ups and the lower people and that on the same side of the Wall. There is no reason to believe the Free Folk can forge weapons to the same degree as lords in the South
The steel weapons used have not shown to be inferior.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Oct 21st, 2017 07:07 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman

Using logic it would be. Even still, many do not use steel weaponry. Even if they did, almost none have any proper training. Most use these weapons for hunting and brawling.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2017 07:18 AM
Ursumeles
Traitor

Bronn took on 2 sand snakes in the beginning but one left and he ended up facing the other in single combat. And he ended up on the worse end of that fight.
Yeah, he fought the other one for, like, 10 seconds. In this time, he could've killed her twice (as he punched her, and as he pushed her away). He only ended up with a small cut, which only was a problem because the Snake poisoned it. And I don't understand how that's a bad feat. Jon nearly got killed by randoms as well.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2017 10:47 AM
Ursumeles is currently offline Click here to Send Ursumeles a Private Message Find more posts by Ursumeles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman

Could be that Bronn didn't want to kill a woman???

Old Post Oct 21st, 2017 11:14 AM
Ursumeles
Traitor

I mean, he didn't wanted to fight them, and Jaime & he just infiltrated the gardens, and walked through Dorne, so it is possible that they were exhausted.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2017 11:32 AM
Ursumeles is currently offline Click here to Send Ursumeles a Private Message Find more posts by Ursumeles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Using logic it would be. Even still, many do not use steel weaponry. Even if they did, almost none have any proper training. Most use these weapons for hunting and brawling.

In the end it doesn't matter. Quality of wildling weapons won't matter since we've never seen any of their weapons fail against Jon's Valerian sword nor any of the nightwatch's supposedly superior weaponry.

Jon didn't defeat them due to his superior weaponry. And Bronn doesn't have superior weapons than Jon anyway. So at this point this is simply strawmanning.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2017 04:42 PM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Originally posted by Ursumeles
I mean, he didn't wanted to fight them, and Jaime & he just infiltrated the gardens, and walked through Dorne, so it is possible that they were exhausted.

Suppositions. No proof. Bottom line is, Bronn fought one of them head on and came out being injured.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2017 04:45 PM