KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Lifebringer vs. The Butcher of Worlds

Lifebringer vs. The Butcher of Worlds
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Lifebringer vs. The Butcher of Worlds

-Lifebringer-
(please log in to view the image)

VS.

-Black Galactus, The Butcher of Worlds-

...How goes this?

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Oct 20th, 2017 02:32 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

That Necrosword is fickle as phukk. That shiet upped and left Old G quicker than a gold digger with a penniless schmuck.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2017 02:54 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

You need to be a real badass like Thor to tame the Necrosword.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2017 03:50 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Sounds like Mjolnir...

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Oct 20th, 2017 04:07 PM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barron-Ghidorah
Probably in bed

Friends are forever galactus gets butchered trying to hug it out.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2017 04:30 PM
Barron-Ghidorah is currently offline Click here to Send Barron-Ghidorah a Private Message Find more posts by Barron-Ghidorah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Damborgson
Sounds like Mjolnir...

Old Post Oct 20th, 2017 04:37 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

Originally posted by Damborgson
Sounds like Mjolnir...

Or an ol' woman.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Oct 20th, 2017 05:54 PM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

I got the impression that Lifebringer would beat the mess out of the Butcher. Mainly due to how easily he defeated Chaos and Order. The Butcher was defeated by Ego, and even though Ego is a powerful character, I don't think that I'd place him on that level. I do realize that before Ego robbed him of the Necrosword that he was getting destroyed, but I'm just not convinced that Lifebringer wouldn't have been able to do it easier if he really wanted to destroy Ego.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2017 11:03 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

It was pretty one sided. Sucker "punch" by ego. Then Butcher threw a world in his eye and stabbed him in the face. Then Ego immediately got the power of the Necrosword and ate Galactus.

I honestly don't know who would win. The amp the Sword gives leaves the bearer several orders of magnitude hightler than they were but it's hard to tell what the limit is.

It was made to kill God's and be wielded by one so I doubt the amp is as much based on who your stabbing and whose doing the stabbing.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2017 11:26 PM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Stoic
I got the impression that Lifebringer would beat the mess out of the Butcher. Mainly due to how easily he defeated Chaos and Order.
We now know the instability of the multiverse at the time skewed the hierarchy tremendously, and allowed weaker characters to overthrow more powerful characters(*see Order & Chaos casually murdering LT himself*)

Suffice to say: that makes Lifebringer's trouncing of O&C questionable at best, as we have no idea if he still could have beaten them under 'normal/stable' circumstances.

Last edited by Galan007 on Oct 21st, 2017 at 02:19 PM

Old Post Oct 21st, 2017 02:15 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Genii96

Butcher of worlds is an amped up version of version of a Galactus who looked like a cancer patient, pretty sure LB should be more powerful. He also trounced two abstracts

Old Post Oct 21st, 2017 02:41 PM
Genii96 is currently offline Click here to Send Genii96 a Private Message Find more posts by Genii96 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by Galan007
We now know the instability of the multiverse at the time skewed the hierarchy tremendously, and allowed weaker characters to overthrow more powerful characters(*see Order & Chaos casually murdering LT himself*)

Suffice to say: that makes Lifebringer's trouncing of O&C questionable at best, as we have no idea if he still could have beaten them under 'normal/stable' circumstances.

It could also mean that in the here and now, LB Galactus has moved up the cosmic ladder. If he were incapable of operating on that level, Eternity would have never sent him to investigate his imprisonment.

You don't send a light weight on a mission of that importance, unless you knew they'd fail and went for it anyway? It also takes more power to create life out of inert matter, than it does to destroy a living planet. LB Galactus may be able to take the necro blade from the Butcher, as he is now far above what he was as the devourer.

Granted I'm not crazy about his color, they should have cast him in cobalt steel armor.

All the same, as the universal laws exist in Marvel currently, LB Galactus is powerful enough to kick Chaos and Order's butts again. He has taken on a higher role in that particular universe's reality, which also came with a decent power up.

He used to be on the In-Betweener's level and no real threat to mid range Abstracts. Now he can defeat them. I'm not certain if there is a reason that calls for us to diminish his current power level. Things have changed in the Marvel cosmology and there really isn't a reason to resist the change imo. You know what I mean? Unless you believe that there is reason?

After all we both read that the cosmology had changed.

Galactus was then forcibly assaulted in order to rewrite his cosmic standing. It nearly worked, until it was interrupted by forces that went unaccounted for.

Which then allowed for him to wrestle back to the level that Lagos sought to strip him of.

The Butcher shouldn't be able to defeat Lifebringer. He's just physically weaker.

Last edited by Stoic on Oct 21st, 2017 at 07:09 PM

Old Post Oct 21st, 2017 07:05 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

It could also mean that in the here and now, LB Galactus has moved up the cosmic ladder.
As I said: Lifebringer beat Order & Chaos in the SAME unstable cosmology that allowed O&C to outright kill LT himself. IOW, that particular feat is not indicative of Lifebringer's *true* capabilities in any way/shape/form, and may as well be thrown out.

...Unless, of course, you think O&C can *still* murder LT in the current/stable cosmology..?

All the same, as the universal laws exist in Marvel currently, LB Galactus is powerful enough to kick Chaos and Order's butts again.
Based on what proof, though?

I mean, in the current/stable cosmology, it required "ALL" of Lifebringer's power just to conjure a wormhole capable of transporting Surfer and Dawn to the end of the universe:
https://i.imgur.com/lYucrHq.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/6Hg55lo.jpg

Lifebringer was also explicitly unable to breach the shield Cap placed around earth during 'Secret Empire':
https://i.imgur.com/VJxOaQQ.jpg

...This is the same shield that Quasar(Avril) one-pieced, mind you:
https://i.imgur.com/LO6l8V1.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/dzJNc7B.jpg

Hence why I made this thread. BOTH of these versions are chock-full of fail. wink

Last edited by Galan007 on Oct 22nd, 2017 at 05:09 AM

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2017 04:57 AM
Genii96

The fact that O&C killed the LT implies that they either moved up the cosmology tier or the LT was knocked down the tier, which means they were either the same and LT was kicked down a few notches or far more powerful than normal to be able to kill LT with that cheap shot in that unstable,cosmology. In fact judging by how they fared the second time,it appears that they didn't get any weaker. The first time,they were trashed,the second time after they killed the LT,they equaled Galactus.....
Hence they didn't actually get weaker

As for dawn and surfer, iirc,Galactus had been preventing the collapse of eternity by holding back two primordial artifacts for a Long time that were focing themselves to come together to the point where he called the surfer, even looking at Galactus at that point, his appearance shows how much Weaker he had grown,and it wasn't just surfer and dawn he TPd too,it was also the said artifacts that were forcing themselves together

Iirc LB Galactus was weakened at the time of the shield

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2017 06:51 AM
Genii96 is currently offline Click here to Send Genii96 a Private Message Find more posts by Genii96 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Genii96
The fact that O&C killed the LT implies that they either moved up the cosmology tier or the LT was knocked down the tier, which means they were either the same and LT was kicked down a few notches or far more powerful than normal to be able to kill LT with that cheap shot in that unstable,cosmology. In fact judging by how they fared the second time,it appears that they didn't get any weaker. The first time,they were trashed,the second time after they killed the LT,they equaled Galactus.....
Hence they didn't actually get weaker
Same variance in power certainly applies to Lifebringer as well, given that he is also a member of the cosmological hierarchy... Hence why his feat of beating O&C is ambiguous, and moreover worthless in a normal/stable setting... Just like O&C killing LT. thumb up

As for dawn and surfer, iirc,Galactus had been preventing the collapse of eternity by holding back two primordial artifacts for a Long time that were focing themselves to come together to the point where he called the surfer, even looking at Galactus at that point, his appearance shows how much Weaker he had grown,and it wasn't just surfer and dawn he TPd too,it was also the said artifacts that were forcing themselves together
Uhuh. This doesn't change the fact that it still took "ALL" of Lifebringer's "VAST" power to conjure a wormhole capable of transporting Surfer and Dawn to the end of the universe. thumb up

Iirc LB Galactus was weakened at the time of the shield
Nope. The scan I posted is from 'The Ultimates˛' #100 -- no implication that Lifebringer was weakened in the slightest there... Quite the contrary, in fact.

Anywho, I'm not trying to lowball Lifebringer here. Just pointing out that the 'fail-force' isn't exclusive to Necro-G... Lifebringer is touched by it as well.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2017 07:13 AM
riv6672

quote:
Hence why I made this thread. BOTH of these versions are chock-full of fail. wink

^^^Ah, so that was the point.

Still a fun read with useful info so, not a complete loss.
As to the OP...guess i'm undecided right now. whistle

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2017 10:08 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inedian

Originally posted by Galan007
As I said: Lifebringer beat Order & Chaos in the SAME unstable cosmology that allowed O&C to outright kill LT himself. IOW, that particular feat is not indicative of Lifebringer's *true* capabilities in any way/shape/form, and may as well be thrown out.

...Unless, of course, you think O&C can *still* murder LT in the current/stable cosmology..?

Based on what proof, though?

I mean, in the current/stable cosmology, it required "ALL" of Lifebringer's power just to conjure a wormhole capable of transporting Surfer and Dawn to the end of the universe:
https://i.imgur.com/lYucrHq.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/6Hg55lo.jpg

Lifebringer was also explicitly unable to breach the shield Cap placed around earth during 'Secret Empire':
https://i.imgur.com/VJxOaQQ.jpg

...This is the same shield that Quasar(Avril) one-pieced, mind you:
https://i.imgur.com/LO6l8V1.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/dzJNc7B.jpg

Ok Galan, how powerful is LT now, where does he stand, is he multiversal, still the most powerful among cosmic beings etc...?

Last edited by Inedian on Oct 22nd, 2017 at 10:26 AM

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2017 10:23 AM
Inedian is currently offline Click here to Send Inedian a Private Message Find more posts by Inedian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Genii96

@ galan,having trouble quoting your post for some reason

Galactus' power level would not have been affected by eternity being out of whack,because Galactus is not from this eternity, nor are his Powers linked to it, he is connected to the 6th eternity, which as we later saw, is separate from all other ones,he is not engrained in this eternity, therefore his power level would not have been affected either,as it isn't connected to this eternity

It took all his power LEFT to send them and bfr the things that were forcing their way together,let's not ignore the fact that he had been preventing the collapse of eternity by holding them at bay for a Long time prior to that,,and looking at him at that point, he was clearly not at good health. Galactus has opened rifts to the outside of the multi verse twice as the LB easily

Didn't he say he couldn't bust it just after they had beaten the first firmament and his dark celestials? Cuz he was still recovering at that point, or was it another time frame?

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2017 11:59 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Galactus' power level would not have been affected by eternity being out of whack,because Galactus is not from this eternity, nor are his Powers linked to it, he is connected to the 6th eternity, which as we later saw, is separate from all other ones,he is not engrained in this eternity, therefore his power level would not have been affected either,as it isn't connected to this eternity
Again, the power of Order & Chaos(as well as their amalgam, Logos) obviously did fluctuate... And tremendously so.

Recall the sequence of their fail...

-O&C get stomped by Lifebringer.
-O&C proceed to kill LT.
-O&C + In-Betweener fuse into a more powerful amalgam(ie. Logos).
-Logos stomps Lifebringer along with a handful of weakened Celestials.
-Once the cosmology had properly solidified, Logos is utterly trounced by the f*cking Tiger God(a goddamn earth-based animal totem, lol.)

That is the type of laughable fluctuation in power I have been referring to here. That is what makes Lifebringer beating O&C wholly ambiguous/worthless. smile

It took all his power LEFT to send them
Nope. Lifebringer flatly stated that whipping up said wormhole would consume "ALL" of his still "VAST" power... No mention of him already being weakened to any extent(quite the contrary, actually):

Didn't he say he couldn't bust it just after they had beaten the first firmament and his dark celestials? Cuz he was still recovering at that point, or was it another time frame?
Different timeframe. As mentioned, the scan I posted is from 'The Ultimates˛' #100 -- Lifebringer was back at full power then.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2017 03:41 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Inedian
Ok Galan, how powerful is LT now, where does he stand, is he multiversal, still the most powerful among cosmic beings etc...?
LT and the rest of the hierarchy resumed their normal statuses/roles after Eternity had properly solidified/normalized:

So yeah, LT is back to being the judge of all things, etc.(even though the above scan tells us he is just an inner function of Eternity, heh...)

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2017 03:49 PM