KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Democrat/Republican...Sith or Jedi

Democrat/Republican...Sith or Jedi
Started by: Raisen

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Emperordmb
LSDMB

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
Anyways, who would you consider the most powerful force user overall? Vitiate is pretty powerful.

Definitely the Father, he was confirmed to be the most powerful Force user in his prime.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Oct 21st, 2017 07:03 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raisen

Yeah Bane is cool too. Years ago I read a variety of different comics and books, but they all jumble together lol. I remember one story where the sith used a psychic attack called a "thought bomb", that was pretty cool. Another story that sticks out is a sith that had his head removed but could still talk and stuff. Another story had Darth Bane surviving being poisoned.

Anyways, who would you consider the most powerful force user overall? Vitiate is pretty powerful.

oh man. I really can't say. this is a debate that never ends for people that have a lot more knowledge about it than I do.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2017 07:05 PM
Raisen is currently offline Click here to Send Raisen a Private Message Find more posts by Raisen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raisen

Originally posted by Ursumeles
Vitiate isn't even close to being the most powerful Force User ever. The Ones / Abeloth shit on him.

Father beat Abeloth

Old Post Oct 21st, 2017 07:06 PM
Raisen is currently offline Click here to Send Raisen a Private Message Find more posts by Raisen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Trying to make sense out of this Star Wars Fan Fiction stuff is IMPOSSIBLE!

Old Post Oct 21st, 2017 07:47 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raisen

Originally posted by Flyattractor
Trying to make sense out of this Star Wars Fan Fiction stuff is IMPOSSIBLE!

It's phucking convoluted

Old Post Oct 21st, 2017 07:51 PM
Flyattractor

Originally posted by Raisen
It's phucking convoluted

Nah. ...it is Totally Brain PHUCKED!!

Old Post Oct 21st, 2017 07:52 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

You should play the games. There are some bad ones, but the KOTOR games are excellent, especially if you get them on PC and can use mods. As well as the jedi outcast series. Especially because Kyle Katarn has the best death cry in any video game:

I thought with the new movies everything else was essentially thrown out and it's the movies that are the main canon? The Star Wars EU canon has always been complex.

I'm not much of a PC gamer but I will have to check them out. I played the force unleashed games, and for the most part, I thought the battle mechanics were good. The story and repetitiveness were drawbacks though.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2017 07:52 PM
socool8520 is currently offline Click here to Send socool8520 a Private Message Find more posts by socool8520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

The hell does "Khan-era Sith" mean? Well, in any case, philosophically the Republicans are closer to the Sith, and the Democrats are closer to the Jedi, pretty much unquestionably.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2017 08:42 PM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Father beat Abeloth

The Father is one of the Ones, so he's still correct.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2017 08:43 PM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by NewGuy01
The hell does "Khan-era Sith" mean? Well, in any case, philosophically the Republicans are closer to the Sith, and the Democrats are closer to the Jedi, pretty much unquestionably.

From how the movies have portrayed both sides since the Prequels.

Both sides are Shit so I can see the logic in this.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2017 08:44 PM
Raisen

Originally posted by NewGuy01

how they operated as the brother of darkness or whatever.

also, the comparison can be questioned greatly. don't let your personal bias make you think things are set in stone

Old Post Oct 21st, 2017 11:00 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by socool8520
I'm not much of a PC gamer but I will have to check them out. I played the force unleashed games, and for the most part, I thought the battle mechanics were good. The story and repetitiveness were drawbacks though.

Oh hell yes the Force Unleashed games were awesome. Yeah the story was meh, but I was mostly playing it to toss tie fighters around with my mind and shit.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2017 11:03 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

^ Agreed. the battle mechanics were fun, very much so. I just wish they could have added more depth in the adventure side of it as well as fleshed out the story more.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2017 11:05 PM
socool8520 is currently offline Click here to Send socool8520 a Private Message Find more posts by socool8520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

The sith use emotions

The jedi abstain from emotions clouding their judgment

Sith are all about achieving power; jedi are about keeping the peace.

The dark-side allows you to achieve power faster but at the cost of degrading physically.

The light-side takes longer to achieve the same power but you will in essence live on for ever after death.

Comparing them to dem/republican is pretty unreasonable. Let's just use the political spectrum.

Sith are all about power and hierarchy while the jedi (in theory) see everyone as being equal.

so jedi = leftist
sith = reactionary

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

vs

There is no emotion, there is peace.
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no passion, there is serenity.
There is no chaos, there is harmony.
There is no death, there is the Force.

I believe it's more appropriate to assign the sith as being realists while the jedi are idealists. If we say that progressives are trying to achieve unrealistic ideas they are the jedi. Sith are the realists following the alt-right.

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Oct 21st, 2017 11:42 PM
Kurk is currently offline Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Re: Democrat/Republican...Sith or Jedi

What party more closely represents the Sith or Jedi...from all eras.
Let's flesh this out.

I see a lot of similarities between the Khan era Sith and modern day Dems.

They're both sith.

Politics is based on deception.

I mean, lets get real here.. Who really controls politics? People with money. You don't see too many liberal billionaries going around poor neighborhoods, giving out a million dollars at every door stop..

Of course, the republicans are open faced about not giving a ****. Personally, I think both parties are theater anyways, otherwise why do the "fringes" get all the press time..?

So yeah, it's all deception, all lies. Any "good" people that actually want to clean the system up get dealt with, whether it's marginalized, smeared, or worse (Look up politics and murders.. Look up Whitey Bulger. These people are thugs.)

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2017 03:23 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raisen

Re: Re: Democrat/Republican...Sith or Jedi

Originally posted by cdtm
They're both sith.

Politics is based on deception.

I mean, lets get real here.. Who really controls politics? People with money. You don't see too many liberal billionaries going around poor neighborhoods, giving out a million dollars at every door stop..

Of course, the republicans are open faced about not giving a ****. Personally, I think both parties are theater anyways, otherwise why do the "fringes" get all the press time..?

So yeah, it's all deception, all lies. Any "good" people that actually want to clean the system up get dealt with, whether it's marginalized, smeared, or worse (Look up politics and murders.. Look up Whitey Bulger. These people are thugs.)

I can see the interchangeability

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2017 03:28 AM
cdtm

Originally posted by Kurk
[B]
so jedi = leftist
sith = reactionary

In theory,sure.

In practice leftists use emotion all the time. What do you think the "social politics" is all about? Getting people angry. Getting people riled. Voting based on emotion.

And there just so happens to be open bigots around every corner to play into that.

Which, sure, they exist. Do they exist in such numbers that they should make up all the media coverage they do, or as much of the political discourse that they do?

Look at Yale.. It's all social politics, all the time, with the university solidly behind the marginalized. Except when they want unions.. Then suddenly the university is against the students. Because suddenly, there's more then words at stake.. There's money involved.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2017 03:31 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raisen

Originally posted by cdtm
In theory,sure.

In practice leftists use emotion all the time. What do you think the "social politics" is all about? Getting people angry. Getting people riled. Voting based on emotion.

And there just so happens to be open bigots around every corner to play into that.

Which, sure, they exist. Do they exist in such numbers that they should make up all the media coverage they do, or as much of the political discourse that they do?

Look at Yale.. It's all social politics, all the time, with the university solidly behind the marginalized. Except when they want unions.. Then suddenly the university is against the students. Because suddenly, there's more then words at stake.. There's money involved.

you think like me.

I'll let you suck me

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2017 03:33 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

The true answer is both parties are both sides of the force too. Both have qualities of both. The self destructiveness and in fighting of the sith and the ineffectiveness of the jedi.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2017 04:05 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Sith have better fashion sense so yes. The Sith are Leftties.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2017 07:32 PM