KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Democrat/Republican...Sith or Jedi

Democrat/Republican...Sith or Jedi
Started by: Raisen

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Raisen

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
The true answer is both parties are both sides of the force too. Both have qualities of both. The self destructiveness and in fighting of the sith and the ineffectiveness of the jedi.

yes bro. Hillary does remind me of a pumpkin headed sidious tho with that cackling.

ted cruz is totally sith like. I just sense the manipulation and fakeness.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2017 07:34 PM
Raisen is currently offline Click here to Send Raisen a Private Message Find more posts by Raisen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Re: Re: Democrat/Republican...Sith or Jedi

Originally posted by cdtm
They're both sith.

Politics is based on deception.

I mean, lets get real here.. Who really controls politics? People with money. You don't see too many liberal billionaries going around poor neighborhoods, giving out a million dollars at every door stop..

The Jedi were deceptive and corrupt too.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2017 09:38 PM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

George Lucas showed us how the democratic Republic was slowly manipulated into giving unlimited power to the Sith Lord, Chancellor Palpatine. In Revenge of the Sith, Lucas explored the question, “How do you turn over democracy to a tyrant with applause? Not with a coup, but with applause?” Lucas recalls, “That is the story of Caesar, Napoleon, and Hitler.”

Lucas even refers to the Imperial officers in The Empire Strikes Back as “Nazis”.

It all harkens back to the fascism of Nazi Germany.

That said, the far-right are in spirit the Nazis of today. They propelled Trump to power and now the evil empire has control of the House, Senate AND the Presidency.

Fortunately, the resistance is strong.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2017 10:19 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

I don't like Trump or the Republicans, but comparing them to Nazis and the Galactic Empire in Star Wars is ****ing delusional ramblings.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2017 10:36 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

Isn't freedom of speech and less government control sort of Anti-Nazi?

I mean, outside of the dudes who actually call themselves Nazis, that seems like a messed up thing to claim about a group

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2017 10:40 PM
socool8520 is currently offline Click here to Send socool8520 a Private Message Find more posts by socool8520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Republicans aren't exactly reliable advocates for free speech or small government, though, so that's kind of a moot point.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2017 11:33 PM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

Nor are the they advocates of race superiority and government controlling everything. They fall further on my statement then Firefly's

http://www.diffen.com/difference/Democrat_vs_Republican

Outside of Gay marriage and abortion, there doesn't seem to be any freedom of speech problems.

They seem to want to limit govt. influence imo

Last edited by socool8520 on Oct 22nd, 2017 at 11:39 PM

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2017 11:34 PM
socool8520 is currently offline Click here to Send socool8520 a Private Message Find more posts by socool8520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Both parties are pretty shit at this point yeah.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2017 11:34 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Originally posted by socool8520
Nor are the they advocates of race superiority and government controlling everything. They fall further on my statement then Firefly's

Not really; Firefly said that the far right is "in the spirit of Nazis," which does sound pretty moronic, but it's not really any less true than saying the far right "just wants smaller government and free speech."

quote:
They seem to want to limit govt. influence

--over churches and businesses, and literally nothing else.

Last edited by NewGuy01 on Oct 23rd, 2017 at 12:00 AM

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2017 11:53 PM
Flyattractor

http://www.diffen.com/difference/Democrat_vs_Republican

Outside of Gay marriage and abortion, there doesn't seem to be any freedom of speech problems.

They seem to want to limit govt. influence imo

The Motto of the Right/Conservatives "Leave Us Alone"

The Motto of the Left/Progressives "We want to Control You".

That Pretty much says it all.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2017 11:56 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

Originally posted by NewGuy01
Not really; Firefly said that the far right is "in the spirit of Nazis," which does sound pretty moronic, but not quite the same as saying they are Nazis.

--over churches and businesses, and literally nothing else.

Semantics

They aren't the ones flipping out over every comment made that could be considered offensive but okay.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2017 11:58 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Republicans aren't exactly reliable advocates for free speech...

How do you figure?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2017 11:59 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

"Whatever party I disagree with is the sith"

-This whole thread.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2017 12:04 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

Well I pick and choose what i like from both. lol

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2017 12:06 AM
NewGuy01
perpetual

They aren't the ones flipping out over every comment made that could be considered offensive but okay.

I have to disagree. They're just offended by different things. Instead of "Muh-muh gender!", it tends to be "Muh-muh religion!" for the right.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2017 12:07 AM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by BackFire
"Whatever party I disagree with is the sith"

-This whole thread.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2017 12:08 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

The only thing more evil than the Jedi is sand.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2017 12:11 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

I have to disagree. They're just offended by different things. Instead of "Muh-muh gender!", it tends to be "Muh-muh religion!" for the right.

Or my guns.

Or my flag.

In most cases though, they'll exercise free speech and disagree very loudly and obnoxiously. At most, maybe demand their boss take action against something that offends them.

Which is a bosses right, in the same way a college has a right to dictate "safe spaces."

None of that is against free speech though, as it's not government or law stopping someone, but an employer/private property head (Except in the case of state schools, maybe? Not sure how that works..)

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2017 12:12 AM
NewGuy01
perpetual

Originally posted by cdtm
In most cases though, they'll exercise free speech and disagree very loudly and obnoxiously. None of that is against free speech though,

Yes, I know, that's why I mentioned it in response to this,

quote:

and not your question.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2017 12:29 AM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by Emperordmb
I don't like Trump or the Republicans, but comparing them to Nazis and the Galactic Empire in Star Wars is ****ing delusional ramblings.

Hyperbole bro.

Way to get triggered by a joke though.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2017 12:40 PM
Rockydonovang is currently offline Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote