KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » I think I figured out who Rey is

I think I figured out who Rey is
Started by: Rebel95

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Fated Xtasy
Kami

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rebel95
Do you think she was created for that?

Well when I first viewed the trailer, i got. A vary ominous vibe from it. Which its intention right, but symbolism does mean...something.

From what i gathered, Rey seems to be tied to the Dark Side of the force, assuming its her Snoke is reffering to when he says "fulfill your destiny." Usually, what first comes to mind when he says that is "Skywalker/Solo." but the idea is so blatantly shoved in our faces that I doubt its that simple. So after watching it several times, snokes comments, Luke's very visible fear, Kylo's fear, and Rey's colossal strength. The only other person that came to mind, was Palpatine. What if Palpatine created a clone of him, that could host his colossal strength? What if in order to avoid being hunted down by NR he created a child he could transfer himself into? A blank template?

She wouldn't be neccesarily his daughter, but rather a host meant to harness the greatest dark side force user?

Idk, there are obvs holes in my theory. But i feel that they're going to surprise us with some crazy shit.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2017 09:30 PM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Xtasy, there is a 0% chance she is related to Palpatine, a clone Palpatine, essence transfer, etc.

People don't realize the sequel trilogy has to function as an independent trilogy.

It can't be dependent on plot-lines or characters from the previous trilogies.

Not to mention Mark Hamill was explicit Disney is going out of their way to copy the EU.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Last edited by Jaggarath on Oct 21st, 2017 at 09:40 PM

Old Post Oct 21st, 2017 09:37 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fated Xtasy
Kami

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Xtasy, there is a 0% chance she is related to Palpatine, a clone Palpatine, essence transfer, etc.

People don't realize the sequel trilogy has to function as an independent trilogy.

It can't be dependent on plot-lines or characters from the previous trilogies.

Which is cool, but...TFA's entire concept and plotline is similar to ANH so lol. I get what you're saying, though.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2017 09:39 PM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

TFA's parallels with ANH is completely irrelevant to the point I'm trying to make. Unlike the prequel trilogy, in which it was made to be continued with the original trilogy, the sequel trilogy is stated to be created with the intent of being able to function as its own storyline without need of the other trilogies. Core plot ideas like Rey's parentage can't be traced back to concepts like Palpatine, midichlorian manipulation, the Chosen One prophecy, etc. for that to work efficiently. Rey's parentage has to make sense within the context of simply watching Episodes 7 to 9, in which Palpatine playing a bigger role than simply mentioning him as the now-decreased Emperor of the fallen Galactic Empire - the inspiration for the First Order - is far too much. The same can even be said for those theorizing that Obi-Wan is Rey's parents. Uh, Obi-Wan who?

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Last edited by Jaggarath on Oct 21st, 2017 at 09:51 PM

Old Post Oct 21st, 2017 09:44 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rebel95

Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Well when I first viewed the trailer, i got. A vary ominous vibe from it. Which its intention right, but symbolism does mean...something.

From what i gathered, Rey seems to be tied to the Dark Side of the force, assuming its her Snoke is reffering to when he says "fulfill your destiny." Usually, what first comes to mind when he says that is "Skywalker/Solo." but the idea is so blatantly shoved in our faces that I doubt its that simple. So after watching it several times, snokes comments, Luke's very visible fear, Kylo's fear, and Rey's colossal strength. The only other person that came to mind, was Palpatine. What if Palpatine created a clone of him, that could host his colossal strength? What if in order to avoid being hunted down by NR he created a child he could transfer himself into? A blank template?

She wouldn't be neccesarily his daughter, but rather a host meant to harness the greatest dark side force user?

Idk, there are obvs holes in my theory. But i feel that they're going to surprise us with some crazy shit.

Yeah I got the same vibe from the trailer. Snoke telling her to fulfill her destiny makes me think she has ties to the dark side

Old Post Oct 21st, 2017 09:45 PM
Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Yeah I got the same vibe from the trailer. Snoke telling her to fulfill her destiny makes me think she has ties to the dark side

Snoke was saying that to Kylo, as per the Taiwanese subtitles. Snoke might want Kylo to strike Rey down.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2017 09:46 PM
Rebel95

Snoke was saying that to Kylo, as per the Taiwanese subtitles. Snoke might want Kylo to strike Rey down.

Interesting

Old Post Oct 21st, 2017 09:48 PM
Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Interesting

That's not to say the Taiwanese subtitles are absolutely correct, but at the moment it seems more evidence supports Kylo being the one talked to there.

That being said, the subtitles also identify the person Snoke is talking to at the start of the trailer as Rey.

And when Luke says, "this is not going to go the way you think," it's referring to a male character - presumably either Kylo or Snoke.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2017 09:51 PM
Fated Xtasy
Kami

That's not to say the Taiwanese subtitles are absolutely correct, but at the moment it seems more evidence supports Kylo being the one talked to there.

That being said, the subtitles also identify the person Snoke is talking to at the start of the trailer as Rey.

And when Luke says, "this is not going to go the way you think," it's referring to a male character - presumably either Kylo or Snoke.

I need this movie to come the **** out so we can stop guessing tbfh

Old Post Oct 21st, 2017 09:53 PM
Rebel95

Right? I'm so excited

Old Post Oct 21st, 2017 10:38 PM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

We already have Kylo as the continuation of the Skywalker line,

Having a literal Nazi as the continuation of a family line is the definition of asinine. Especially when his name is not even Skywalker.
quote:

having Rey be the daughter of Luke is extremely cliche and predictable.

Having Jedi at all is also cliche and predictable. Neither of these things within themselves make a story any more good or bad. Presentation does. Being the super uniquest to be the bestest is something that needs to die. Though I have to say, I love how you think something you're literally predicting isn't predictable.
quote:

I don't see how that is appealing at all. And the way Anakin was conceived is retarded? Ok dude

It was extremely retarded, but it also already happened. I moved on. I don't fancy the idea of the Force doing this again, especially not after so small a time frame.

Last edited by FreshestSlice on Oct 21st, 2017 at 11:29 PM

Old Post Oct 21st, 2017 11:26 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Having a literal Nazi as the continuation of a family line is the definition of asinine. Especially when his name is not even Skywalker.

Yea, what was the point of Anakin redeeming himself exactly?

Old Post Oct 21st, 2017 11:55 PM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

We already have Kylo as the continuation of the Skywalker line, having Rey be the daughter of Luke is extremely cliche and predictable. I don't see how that is appealing at all. And the way Anakin was conceived is retarded? Ok dude

I said I think she’s Luke’s daughter. The whole product of the Force thing is a prequel idea, and Abrams was trying to avoid the prequels for any of the big plots. I just said in terms of the OP, simply being a product of the Force would be far more likely.

But in terms of plot, I don’t think they should just create someone/something More powerful than Skywalkers now. So she needs to be Luke’s daughter, or Kylo’s sister, or a clone of Luke from his hand.

Out of those 3 options, id vote for the simplicity and wholesomeness of her being Luke’s daughter.

Anything else just messes too much with the saga, and being the “descendant” of another PT/OT character would be kinda silly. Being Obi-Wan’s “granddaughter” would be outright retarded IMO.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2017 12:30 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

As for the whole “predictable and cliche” thing, remember Daisy Ridley said she thought it was obvious whose daughter Rey was from the film.

So I think it was supposed to be the obvious choice (Luke’s daughter), and not some massive mystery to unravel (except for the part of how she doesn’t know who she really is), but it’s fandom that went and made her heritage some big mystery.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2017 12:33 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rebel95

Having Jedi at all is also cliche and predictable. Neither of these things within themselves make a story any more good or bad. Presentation does. Being the super uniquest to be the bestest is something that needs to die. Though I have to say, I love how you think something you're literally predicting isn't predictable.

It was extremely retarded, but it also already happened. I moved on. I don't fancy the idea of the Force doing this again, especially not after so small a time frame.

How so? He still has Skywalker blood, who cares if he has the name or not. There doesn't always have to be a "Skywalker" for the movies to be good.

I'm glad you love that so much but I don't think I ever said that it wasn't predictable, it's just far less predictable than her being Luke's daughter which is what everyone seems to think.

Fair enough. That's your opinion and I respect it but I thought it was interesting. Just because you don't agree with someone else's opinion doesn't make it retarded

Last edited by Rebel95 on Oct 22nd, 2017 at 01:10 AM

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2017 01:06 AM
Rebel95

Originally posted by Darth Thor
As for the whole “predictable and cliche” thing, remember Daisy Ridley said she thought it was obvious whose daughter Rey was from the film.

So I think it was supposed to be the obvious choice (Luke’s daughter), and not some massive mystery to unravel (except for the part of how she doesn’t know who she really is), but it’s fandom that went and made her heritage some big mystery.

Yeah true. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out. Hopefully they do it well, that's all I care about. I just think it would be a lot more interesting her parentage comes as a big surprise rather than something everyone is already expecting.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2017 01:12 AM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

How so? He still has Skywalker blood, who cares if he has the name or not. There doesn't always have to be a "Skywalker" for the movies to be good.

One, because he's not a Skywalker. You have the blood of thousands of families in you. You aren't a part of those families. Regardless, the saga movies are about Anakin Skywalker and the "next generation of Skywalkers" emphasis plural. Said by Lucasfilms themselves. Even if they include Kylo, there needs to be another, and that one needs to give the Skywalker name to the next generation after.
quote:

I'm glad you love that so much but I don't think I ever said that it wasn't predictable, it's just far less predictable than her being Luke's daughter which is what everyone seems to think.

Ranges of predictability was not something you brought up, but regardless, predictability has nothing to do with quality. Logically, most things should be predictable. That means it makes sense. Everything doesn't need to be unique or a big, shocking reveal.
quote:

Fair enough. That's your opinion and I respect it but I thought it was interesting. Just because you don't agree with someone else's opinion doesn't make it retarded

No, it being retarded made it retarded. The more of something there is, the less value it acquires. This is what happens when you give more and more supply to something without creating demand, and the demand for Jesus parallels isn't going up any time soon. It cheapens Anakin's character by making everything he was and did go away in 30 years just to be done all over again. This is the problem with ST as a whole. I don't know when the idea that less is more went out the window, but it was a sad day.

Last edited by FreshestSlice on Oct 22nd, 2017 at 04:01 AM

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2017 03:59 AM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

No, it being retarded made it retarded. The more of something there is, the less value it acquires. This is what happens when you give more and more supply to something without creating demand, and the demand for Jesus parallels isn't going up any time soon. It cheapens Anakin's character by making everything he was and did go away in 30 years just to be done all over again. This is the problem with ST as a whole. I don't know when the idea that less is more went out the window, but it was a sad day.

On the money thumb up

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2017 04:16 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rebel95

One, because he's not a Skywalker. You have the blood of thousands of families in you. You aren't a part of those families. Regardless, the saga movies are about Anakin Skywalker and the "next generation of Skywalkers" emphasis plural. Said by Lucasfilms themselves. Even if they include Kylo, there needs to be another, and that one needs to give the Skywalker name to the next generation after.

Ranges of predictability was not something you brought up, but regardless, predictability has nothing to do with quality. Logically, most things should be predictable. That means it makes sense. Everything doesn't need to be unique or a big, shocking reveal.

Ok, then if there literally NEEDS to be another "Skywalker" Rey's parentage should already be common knowledge and the reveal would be pointless.

You're right, everything doesn't have to be a big shocking reveal, but it's rumored there is going to be a big reveal in this movie, yeah it could be about something totally different but it could possibly be about Rey's parentage.

Lol okay buddy. That's your opinion. But I can see how doing it again would cheapen Anakin's character.

Last edited by Rebel95 on Oct 22nd, 2017 at 02:47 PM

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2017 02:39 PM
Rebel95

The more of something there is, the less value it acquires. This is what happens when you give more and more supply to something without creating demand, and the demand for Jesus parallels isn't going up any time soon. It cheapens Anakin's character by making everything he was and did go away in 30 years just to be done all over again. This is the problem with ST as a whole. I don't know when the idea that less is more went out the window, but it was a sad day.

And it’s funny that you say this when having another Skywalker is just more the same.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2017 03:09 PM