KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Lobo Vs Cho Hulk

Lobo Vs Cho Hulk
Started by: TethAdamTheRock

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheHulkster
He actually survived that.

Only because of spark of TOAA. He had died in that blast.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2017 05:50 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheHulkster

Originally posted by abhilegend
Only because of spark of TOAA. He had died in that blast.

There is no TOAAA in that story. He doesn’t literally die and that is explained in the second issue. He falls to Earth and ends up in his Donald Blake form completely amnesiac. She describes Thor under these circumstances as dead. Her faith in him provides the spark that allows Blake the knowledge to strike his cane to change to Thor. Before that her faith in him provides a spark that helps him to continue fighting Glory. It has nothing to do with him surviving the blast, which he does.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2017 11:58 PM
TheHulkster is currently offline Click here to Send TheHulkster a Private Message Find more posts by TheHulkster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

There is no TOAAA in that story. He doesn’t literally die and that is explained in the second issue. He falls to Earth and ends up in his Donald Blake form completely amnesiac. She describes Thor under these circumstances as dead. Her faith in him provides the spark that allows Blake the knowledge to strike his cane to change to Thor. Before that her faith in him provides a spark that helps him to continue fighting Glory. It has nothing to do with him surviving the blast, which he does.

Yes, there was. The Thor persona was dead and only Blake remained.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Oct 24th, 2017 07:18 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

What does Thor have to do with Cho lol.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2017 08:17 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by DarkSaint85

They are both pale replacements for Banner and Jane respectively.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Oct 24th, 2017 09:44 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheHulkster

A persona being “dead” doesn’t equate to the being being dead. Thor and Blake are the same being. The next issue states something to the effect that Thor took shelter in the body of Blake. Thor survives the blast.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2017 12:48 AM
TheHulkster is currently offline Click here to Send TheHulkster a Private Message Find more posts by TheHulkster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheHulkster

Originally posted by DarkSaint85

The question is what does Thor have to do with Lobo. Both survive quantum storms (tsunami in Thor’s case). Zack gives Lobo an auto win because of surviving one. Thor has never had an auto win against Hulk. LOL.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2017 12:56 AM
Senor Cage

Ouch. Lobo tanked it much better.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2017 02:46 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Lobo would have had fun with that. All Thors are pussies.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2017 05:54 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

A persona being “dead” doesn’t equate to the being being dead. Thor and Blake are the same being. The next issue states something to the effect that Thor took shelter in the body of Blake. Thor survives the blast.

That scene had always confused me, because it straight up says he died. But Thor revived with the belief of a single prayer? That doesn't make any sense to me.

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Oct 25th, 2017 06:21 AM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

He was straight up said to be dead.
Originally posted by Damborgson
That scene had always confused me, because it straight up says he died. But Thor revived with the belief of a single prayer? That doesn't make any sense to me.

Maybe Thor is the 11th Doctor.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2017 06:39 AM
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Originally posted by Damborgson
DeMatteis has always been about the spiritual part, so writing Thor as that suited him (e.g. Spectre run, JLA: Soul War etc.)

Prayer/self-belief/gods are a recurring theme in his work.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Oct 25th, 2017 11:12 AM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

The question is what does Thor have to do with Lobo. Both survive quantum storms (tsunami in Thor’s case). Zack gives Lobo an auto win because of surviving one. Thor has never had an auto win against Hulk. LOL.

Did Lobo die?

Old Post Oct 25th, 2017 11:14 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Old Post Oct 25th, 2017 11:15 AM
ShadowFyre

Lobo got totally ****ed up by that storm to the point it would have been a kill in forum standards. He didn't tank shit. Large parts of his body was missing. That's not "tanking" something

Old Post Oct 25th, 2017 11:58 AM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

It's still better than Thor, where we're arguing whether he died or not.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2017 01:17 PM
Flyattractor

That and they didn't have to use the "Tinkerbell Effect" to bring Lobo back like they did with Thor.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2017 05:55 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheHulkster

Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Lobo got totally ****ed up by that storm to the point it would have been a kill in forum standards. He didn't tank shit. Large parts of his body was missing. That's not "tanking" something

Definitely not. What issue is this in?

Old Post Oct 26th, 2017 01:27 AM
Flyattractor

I just wish JLA would get better.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2017 06:06 AM
-K-M-

Definitely not. What issue is this in?

Justice league of America #13

Old Post Oct 26th, 2017 10:24 AM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote