KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » RWBY Season 5

RWBY Season 5
Started by: Nuke Nixon

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nuke Nixon
One Shot, One Kill

RWBY Season 5

Dark.

Nasty.

Really good.

What are you waiting for... GO WATCH IT!!

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2017 12:57 PM
Nuke Nixon is currently offline Click here to Send Nuke Nixon a Private Message Find more posts by Nuke Nixon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nuke Nixon
One Shot, One Kill

Nobody is watching this? Inconceivable!

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 06:51 PM
Nuke Nixon is currently offline Click here to Send Nuke Nixon a Private Message Find more posts by Nuke Nixon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

fake anime

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 07:26 PM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nuke Nixon
One Shot, One Kill

You damn skippy, I find most "real" anime so unwatchable and bassackwards confusing that RWBY zoomed right to the top of my list.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 07:45 PM
Etherean Fire
Noble Al-LIE

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nuke Nixon
Dark.

Nasty.

Really good.

What are you waiting for... GO WATCH IT!!

(please log in to view the image)

Pic's from Vol. 4. Lol.

They're watching; they're just not hear, in what is basically now just the "let's talk about Dragonball" forum.

Originally posted by NewGuy01
fake anime

No. thumb down

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 08:32 PM
Etherean Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Etherean Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Etherean Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Oh, I’ve been watching. The other RWBY fans from around here don’t generally post in the anime subforum though but whatever. As kinda mentioned too, no topic that isn’t Dragon Ball usually sticks here for that long...

But yeah, season 5 has been lookin up since the last episode. The Blazblue Cross Tag Battle game is also highly anticipated for the Rwby character inclusions, despite the saltiness it has caused for the “fake anime” haters.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 08:40 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nuke Nixon
One Shot, One Kill

So it's considered regular animation or a cartoon? That's fecked up.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 08:56 PM
ares834

What's fcuked up about it?

Anime isn't a genre or even a style. It's just a catchall term for animation from Japan.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 09:06 PM
ares834 is online now! Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nuke Nixon
One Shot, One Kill

Except for the fact that people have categorical definitions of real and fake animes.

You say anime and there's a definite type of animation people think of, so it kind has become a genre of its own with tons of sub-genres.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 09:09 PM
ares834

Well, yes. "Real" anime refers to animation from Japan. Simple.

People may think of a certain kind of animation but the term doesn't actually refer to such. At the end of the day, it's simply not a genre.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 09:14 PM
ares834 is online now! Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

thumb up

These shows are still anime. This one still isn't.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 09:58 PM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nuke Nixon
One Shot, One Kill

I can't argue with that.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 10:01 PM
Etherean Fire
Noble Al-LIE

Ugh. I'm so f**king tired of this. The whole "anime or not" debacle is well beyond pedantic and serves no purpose beyond validating unfounded purism, because what else can you expect other than for people to be so pathetically insecure with their hobbies that they have to fit them into some nonsensically esoteric mold in order to feel safe indulging in it.

Let's just clear one thing up before this subject overstays its welcome any further: "anime" [アニメ] is simply (and was originally) Japan's abreviated term for anything animated; this should be common knowledge amongst hobbyists and enthusiasts by now. We're just the dumbasses who arbitrarily assigned a specific meaning to a word we didn't coin, but hey, if we all want to continue using it to describe the style of animation, that's fine. Just don't pretend as the accident of one's birth in a country other than Japan somehow circumstancially disqualifies them from taking up the art form with intentions of some day capitalizing on it.

This is why you seldom--if ever--hear this shit from artists (or at least I don't, and I'm surrounded by them), and I have a difficult time believing any self-respecting artist would ever entertain such a notion. I find it's usually misguided anime nerds, some of whom have likely never drawn a damn thing in their lives, who attempt to artificially restrict by nationality or whatever else. (By similar rationale, you've never actually had pizza, so you should probably find a new name for it.) Before anyone asks, no, I'm not at all suggesting that no one can be critical of art without being artists themselves; that would be absurd and make me no better. What I'm saying is that it's ridiculously narrow-minded to act as if you can deny an artistic right to certain people, especially those whove worked for it, just because it makes you uncomfortable.

I don't believe for a minute that it's defined by surface level ideas such as a generic "look" or where in the world it was produced; it runs much deeper than that I think. Rather, it's more about how it's made (production methods, general creative/artistic process) and the ideas behind it (style, themes, structure, progression, narrative, etc.). Those are the things we should all be more closely observing before we nervously jump to conclusions about the nature of one's creation before having put forth any thought or effort to understand it past "made in (NOT Japan)."

Besides, I really don't understand where some Western elitists get off trying to redefine one of Japan's own terms for them in a case where Japan could seemingly care less. Anyways, this is this last I'll be saying on the matter hear. I'm already saying more than I probably should after having suddenly been reminded why a RWBY thread was never previously introduced on this site--because apparently no one can make it through the first seven posts (from the time this was written, which will make it late) without immediately derailing it into this shit, which is really the only reason I felt the need to say anything in the first place. I othersise wouldn't have even bothered for fear that it would fall on deaf ears regardless.

Last edited by Etherean Fire on Oct 29th, 2017 at 10:41 PM

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 10:34 PM
Etherean Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Etherean Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Etherean Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Etherean Fire
Noble Al-LIE

Originally posted by Sacred Fire
Pic's from Vol. 4. Lol.

They're watching; they're just not hear, in what is basically now just the "let's talk about Dragonball" forum.

No. thumb down

Late edit: here*

Lol.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 10:38 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Good video on the subject, imo. RWBY’s on crunchyroll too, despite the Japan anime purists kicking and screaming about it.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 10:48 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

You just don't consider Rwby to be anime because you're insecure and afraid to indulge in anime unless it's exclusively... something or another. Also, you don't have the right to arbitrarily define what is and isn't anime, but I do, because I know people who draw.

Dear god.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 11:03 PM
Etherean Fire
Noble Al-LIE

Dear god.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.p...MissingThePoint

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 11:42 PM
Etherean Fire
Noble Al-LIE

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime

Good video on the subject, imo. RWBY’s on crunchyroll too, despite the Japan anime purists kicking and screaming about it.

Hinestly forgot Monty said that. Basically what I was trying to say, but better and far more concise.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 11:44 PM
NewGuy01
perpetual

You'll have to forgive me for not taking that completely unwarranted tirade seriously, fam.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 11:48 PM
Etherean Fire
Noble Al-LIE

Originally posted by Sacred Fire
Honestly forgot Monty said that. Basically what I was trying to say, but far better and more concise. Should have just referred to him.

Couldn't edit my own post for some reason :/

You'll have to forgive me for not taking that completely unwarranted tirade seriously, fam.

That's fine. I can forgive that. Putting words in my mouth and misrepresenting my stance to excuse purposely ignoring the intended message, however...

Last edited by Etherean Fire on Oct 29th, 2017 at 11:59 PM

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 11:55 PM