KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » There really was a media bubble

There really was a media bubble
Started by: cdtm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

This was all journalists too, not just political. 7 percent.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2017 09:28 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Did this only include journalists from the "mainstream media"? Or did it include ones from other less traditional but more popular media sources as well?

Old Post Oct 24th, 2017 09:30 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Maybe Surtur could just post the source of this poll? Which is funny, as he always says polls suck and are unreliable when they tell him something that goes against his biased views.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Oct 24th, 2017 09:33 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

http://www.politico.com/blogs/media...publican-188053

Feel free to ignore/dismiss it. I realize Rob will find a reason either way. There will always be "insert reason A" as to why something is different if its the left. I expect it.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2017 09:36 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
Maybe Surtur could just post the source of this poll? Which is funny, as he always says polls suck and are unreliable when they tell him something that goes against his biased views.

Actually I've even been weary of polls that don't go against my views, but hey it's cool you tried your best.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2017 09:37 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

^

Proves my point.

Originally posted by Surtur
But muh polls!

Old Post Oct 24th, 2017 09:42 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
^

Proves my point.

Well Rob I figured it was worth noting because since you love citing Trumps approval ratings I figured you have more faith in polls than me.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2017 09:44 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Well Rob I figured it was worth noting because since you love citing Trumps approval ratings I figured you have more faith in polls than me.

Did I approve or disprove of the poll you listed? No, I did not. Once again you've invented a position I didn't take and are attacking that because that's all you have in defense of your blatant hypocrisy, which I showed.

But muh polls!

Old Post Oct 24th, 2017 09:47 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I can't help find you whining about hypocrisy funny though.

Anyways, so how do you feel about polls?

Old Post Oct 24th, 2017 09:51 PM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Feel free to ignore/dismiss it. I realize Rob will find a reason either way. There will always be "insert reason A" as to why something is different if its the left. I expect it.

Wow, that's a really interesting poll. While 7 percent identifying as republican isn't very surprising, I was surprised that only 28 percent identify as Dem, and that there are so many independent ones.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2017 09:57 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

I can't help find you whining about hypocrisy funny though.

Anyways, so how do you feel about polls?

The "no you!", was expected since you were cornered.

I have to read the entire poll. But 28% Dem, 7% Rep, 50% Indie and 15% Other sounds reasonable, so I will accept it.

It also shits all over your '95% are Left' and "majority of our media leans left." claims, which is just golden as you've destroyed your own claims.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2017 10:01 PM
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

I think you should be fairly neutral to be a reporter. It's clear when you see the biases of reporting from either side. It's a pain to watch and you can't take either side seriously because all they do is try to make the other side look bad instead of calling it like it is.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2017 10:02 PM
socool8520 is currently offline Click here to Send socool8520 a Private Message Find more posts by socool8520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Foxsteak
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Digi
The whole "Story of 2016" series from 538 - of which there are 11-12 parts - is an excellent post mortem on the election and various forces that surrounded it. Simply reading the headline(s) and shrugging as if it were common knowledge won't produce the nuanced complexity of the full rationale behind it. A lot of it speaks less to the particulars of this election, but more about how we produce and consume our information in general, which is applicable across a much broader range of topics.
I bet at no point in that series does it admit that fivethirtyeight and other sites as well as TV stations and radio shows etc. spent the whole ****ing year saying "This is the beginning of the end of Trump" and showing obvious bullshit polls that clearly don't represent the public's opinion yet idiots like the ones on this forum kept reaffirming the myth that Hillary would win or even Bernie!

I can't believe people still eat up this shit.

InfoBoards: 1 millionth post game regains popularity! . Stockholm syndrome has spread throughout KMC . Surtur reports a "change" in the forum . Super Noodles Vitality only £1.00 . AAAARGH!

Old Post Oct 24th, 2017 10:10 PM
Foxsteak is currently offline Click here to Send Foxsteak a Private Message Find more posts by Foxsteak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

Honestly, I think Bernie could have won, but from what I understand, he was railroaded by his own party. I'm not extremely knowledgeable about Politics though.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2017 10:12 PM
socool8520 is currently offline Click here to Send socool8520 a Private Message Find more posts by socool8520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Foxsteak
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by socool8520
Honestly, I think Bernie could have won, but from what I understand, he was railroaded by his own party. I'm not extremely knowledgeable about Politics though.
Bernie had the same position as Hillary on literally every issue but even more left leaning. His popularity was basically "Not Hillary Clinton" but after Obama had done the same thing 8 years previously I highly doubt he would have won the election.

In fact, I believe he would have lost even harder. Dukakkis style.

Or, and I'm being generous here.....this: http://www.270towin.com/maps/Xx4JV

InfoBoards: 1 millionth post game regains popularity! . Stockholm syndrome has spread throughout KMC . Surtur reports a "change" in the forum . Super Noodles Vitality only £1.00 . AAAARGH!

Last edited by Foxsteak on Oct 24th, 2017 at 10:21 PM

Old Post Oct 24th, 2017 10:17 PM
Foxsteak is currently offline Click here to Send Foxsteak a Private Message Find more posts by Foxsteak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

I figured they would vote for Bernie is because he would have been a less shady Hillary. A big talking point to destroy Hillary was the shady/criminal things she has done.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2017 10:39 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Actually I've even been weary of polls that don't go against my views, but hey it's cool you tried your best.

you dismiss all polls and have said over and over that you don't care about polls.
now there's a poll which you feel validates your narrative, so you've decided that suddenly polls matter, and not only that but anyone who dismisses it is being intellectually dishonest.

definately the second most amazing act of self-contradiction i've seen today. unfortunately your comment was outshined by afro's beautifully simplistic paradox "We don't ever portray ourselves as a collective".

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2017 10:44 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Foxsteak
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by socool8520
I figured they would vote for Bernie is because he would have been a less shady Hillary. A big talking point to destroy Hillary was the shady/criminal things she has done.
Well, considering how badly Trump treated Hillary in the debates, he would have treated Bernie even worse. Bernie would have been an embarassing president. Had the DNC picked him, there would have been lots of people asking for Hillary. Hillary was more popular than Bernie. Trump was more popular than both of them.

Bernie should have never ran imo.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2017 10:45 PM
cdtm

Originally posted by Digi
The whole "Story of 2016" series from 538 - of which there are 11-12 parts - is an excellent post mortem on the election and various forces that surrounded it. Simply reading the headline(s) and shrugging as if it were common knowledge won't produce the nuanced complexity of the full rationale behind it. A lot of it speaks less to the particulars of this election, but more about how we produce and consume our information in general, which is applicable across a much broader range of topics.

Oh yeah, this series is brilliant. It's a "what's wrong with modern day politics" primer, essentially.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2017 10:54 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
you dismiss all polls and have said over and over that you don't care about polls.
now there's a poll which you feel validates your narrative, so you've decided that suddenly polls matter, and not only that but anyone who dismisses it is being intellectually dishonest.

definately the second most amazing act of self-contradiction i've seen today. unfortunately your comment was outshined by afro's beautifully simplistic paradox "We don't ever portray ourselves as a collective".

I never said polls matter. I did give a poll though. You can take from it what you will.

Did you want to whine some more?

Old Post Oct 24th, 2017 11:09 PM