KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » There really was a media bubble

There really was a media bubble
Started by: cdtm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

i take from it that most reporters are politically independent and that there are slightly more democrats than republicans. is that what you intended to convey? of course it wasn't. smile

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2017 11:21 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

What does independent mean though? That's an honest question. Doesn't everyone tend to lean one way or the other? Not so far as to be radical like say Antifa or Neo Nazis, but generally, you have a majority of things from one party you agree with over the other.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2017 11:41 PM
socool8520 is currently offline Click here to Send socool8520 a Private Message Find more posts by socool8520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

if they identified with and voted for white nationalists then that would also count as independent. in this context its just a way of saying that they're not in for either of the 2 main parties. i mention context because iirc there is/was a political party identified as "independant" in name.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2017 11:44 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
i take from it that most reporters are politically independent and that there are slightly more democrats than republicans. is that what you intended to convey? of course it wasn't. smile

Originally posted by Surtur
Our media is 95% left leaning. .

we can just say a majority of our media leans left.

He then proceeds to post a poll that destroys his own claims.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Oct 24th, 2017 11:44 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

wonder if he'll address it and admit his error? my money is on either 'shit the bed more', complete avoidance of the thread, or a fun new alternate topic.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2017 11:46 PM
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

if they identified with and voted for white nationalists then that would also count as independent. in this context its just a way of saying that they're not in for either of the 2 main parties. i mention context because iirc there is/was a political party identified as "independant" in name.

I definitely wouldn't want to be an Independent if that's who I get lumped in with. Lol But I guess every party has their psycho groups.

You're correct. There is an independent party, but I thought they still had ideas that were in line with the two major parties.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2017 11:48 PM
socool8520 is currently offline Click here to Send socool8520 a Private Message Find more posts by socool8520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Foxsteak
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
He then proceeds to post a poll that destroys his own claims.
95% is a majority.....and he posted a poll that disagreed with the narrative as an anomaly....so his claim was justified.......... ........................................

InfoBoards: 1 millionth post game regains popularity! . Stockholm syndrome has spread throughout KMC . Surtur reports a "change" in the forum . Super Noodles Vitality only £1.00 . AAAARGH!

Old Post Oct 24th, 2017 11:51 PM
Foxsteak is currently offline Click here to Send Foxsteak a Private Message Find more posts by Foxsteak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

nope. the media is not 95% left leaning. it was a lie and now you're doubling down on a lie. nice.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2017 11:52 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Foxsteak
95% is a majority.....and he posted a poll that disagreed with the narrative as an anomaly....so his claim was justified.......... ........................................

According to the poll he sourced as proof, the majority (50.2%) of reporters identify as "independent", that's not inline with his claims

Old Post Oct 24th, 2017 11:52 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Foxsteak
Restricted

Account Restricted

nope. the media is not 95% left leaning. it was a lie and now you're doubling down on a lie. nice.
Well that is an ambiguous statement-- I don't know how much is left leaning but.......................

According to the poll he sourced as proof, the majority (50.2%) of reporters identify as "independent", that's not inline with his claims
It's this "independent" part. Perhaps he views "independents" as left leaning?

InfoBoards: 1 millionth post game regains popularity! . Stockholm syndrome has spread throughout KMC . Surtur reports a "change" in the forum . Super Noodles Vitality only £1.00 . AAAARGH!

Old Post Oct 24th, 2017 11:56 PM
Foxsteak is currently offline Click here to Send Foxsteak a Private Message Find more posts by Foxsteak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

It's this "independent" part. Perhaps he views "independents" as left leaning?

You're stretching to justify his clearly false claims:

If you want to whine over the number used okay, we can just say a majority of our media leans left. Did you disagree?

The majority leans "Independent", at 50.2%

Old Post Oct 24th, 2017 11:58 PM
Foxsteak
Restricted

Account Restricted

You're stretching to justify his clearly false claims:

The majority leans "Independent", at 50.2%
Yes. "Independent."

I'll go with your narrative.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2017 12:01 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

Yes. That's not "Left leaning" as fact.

thumb up

Old Post Oct 25th, 2017 12:02 AM
Foxsteak
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's okay. You win. We have an "independent" leaning bias in the media.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2017 12:03 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

It's okay. You win. We have an "independent" leaning bias in the media.

According to that poll posted.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2017 12:04 AM
Foxsteak
Restricted

Account Restricted

According to that poll posted.
Do you believe the media is "independent" leaning?

Old Post Oct 25th, 2017 12:04 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

That poll looks actually reasonable overall. Wouldn't mind seeing the locations they polled though, could show some clear bias.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2017 12:07 AM
Foxsteak
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sure, polls are inheritly biased.

Do you think the media is mostly "independent"?

Old Post Oct 25th, 2017 12:10 AM
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

https://www.thoughtco.com/independe...n-party-3303291

The topics this article lists as Independent beliefs are not the one that I hear 50.2% of the time. lol

I wonder what they mean by independent. Not being funded/influenced by a political party maybe?

Raisen

i'm not asking this to use against you.

Rob, did you come to the states from uruguay or somewhere around there? you in so cal?

Raisen is currently offline Click here to Send Raisen a Private Message Find more posts by Raisen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote