KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Congress votes to disallow consumers from suing Equifax and other companies with

Congress votes to disallow consumers from suing Equifax and other companies with
Started by: Rage.Of.Olympus

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Flyattractor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by socool8520
I never read the full story on his death. Wasn't the driver going way too fast?

Well the guy was driving a Porsche so...
s

Old Post Oct 25th, 2017 07:05 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

I never read the full story on his death. Wasn't the driver going way too fast?

The lawsuit was grounded on the car being unsafe, particularly the seat belt which trapped him and he burned alive because of it.

Now I have no idea if that is true in regards to the Porsche Carrera GT, but unsafe specs is grounds for a wrongful death case. Porsche did settle in lieu of going to court.

tl;dr Kurk is being a retard again

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Oct 25th, 2017 07:05 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

Always skirting around those safety standards. You'd think that would be the one thing they would be most concerned with squaring away as it is the easiest thing to sue you for.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2017 07:09 PM
socool8520 is currently offline Click here to Send socool8520 a Private Message Find more posts by socool8520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Always skirting around those safety standards. You'd think that would be the one thing they would be most concerned with squaring away as it is the easiest thing to sue you for.

...that is just sad and boring.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2017 07:12 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

^ Not if you like keeping money.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2017 07:13 PM
socool8520 is currently offline Click here to Send socool8520 a Private Message Find more posts by socool8520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

If only people would stop trying to take it away from us.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2017 07:15 PM
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

What a world it would be

Old Post Oct 25th, 2017 07:17 PM
Flyattractor

Never gonna be that way with Politicians in the world.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2017 07:18 PM
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
The lawsuit was grounded on the car being unsafe, particularly the seat belt which trapped him and he burned alive because of it.

Now I have no idea if that is true in regards to the Porsche Carrera GT, but unsafe specs is grounds for a wrongful death case. Porsche did settle in lieu of going to court.

tl;dr Kurk is being a retard again
It's retarded b/c the daughter is only going after money. The coroner confirmed that the driver was going 100+ mph in a 35 zone on 10 year-old dry-rotted tires all while driving a hyper car well-known to be more challenging to handle than your average toyota highlander with lane-keep assist.

It's the equivalent of blaming the gun for mass-shootings. BS like this is why I'm slowly losing the will to live. Cars are becoming ever more regulated and this only adds to the storm.

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Oct 25th, 2017 09:05 PM
Kurk is currently offline Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Kurk
It's retarded b/c the daughter is only going after money. The coroner confirmed that the driver was going 100+ mph in a 35 zone on 10 year-old dry-rotted tires all while driving a hyper car well-known to be more challenging to handle than your average toyota highlander with lane-keep assist.

It's the equivalent of blaming the gun for mass-shootings. BS like this is why I'm slowly losing the will to live. Cars are becoming ever more regulated and this only adds to the storm.

Okay, Kurk.

In unrelated news, was looking at a 2012 Crown Vic with under 30K miles. Good price too.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Oct 25th, 2017 09:16 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
Okay, Kurk.

In unrelated news, was looking at a 2012 Crown Vic with under 30K miles. Good price too.
Never thought a californian would be interested in what's deemed by a good majority of people to be "a gas-guzzling, over-sized" car. But hey, at least we share a love for the panther platform. Hopefully they won't be banned by the time I'm old enough to buy one smile .

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Oct 26th, 2017 02:09 AM
Kurk is currently offline Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by dadudemon

And if the American people agree that Equifax should be sued, then we just need to determine by what margin Americans believe this. If it is greater than the margin that the polls had Trump losing (meaning, those same polls predicted Trump would lose but he won...so that margin was usually off by 2-5%), then we know the numbers are correct.

The polls were only off nationally by 2%.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2017 02:20 AM
Rockydonovang is currently offline Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
The polls were only off nationally by 2%.

What is your intent with this statement? Do you disagree with the numbers I put up?

Because some were off over 7.5%. My range of 2%-5% was to capture a majority that were off. If I wanted to mention an average, which would not make my point, I would have mentioned a national average number, like you did (which I could not verify: I could not prove what you posted).

For example, Wisconsin's polling was off by 6.5%.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box...e-embarrassment

More poignantly:

quote:
Pollster John Zogby believes that many in the industry weighted their polls too heavily in favor of Democrats, pointing to polls that had an 8- to 9-point advantage for the party, when it should have been in the 4- to 5-point range, he said.

And to cover the polls:

http://www.dailywire.com/news/10660...-james-barrett#

WISCONSIN – off by 7+
Polls: Clinton +6.5 (46.8 – 40.3)
Results: TRUMP +1 (48 – 47)

IOWA – off by 7
Polls: Trump +3 (44.3 – 41.3)
Results: Trump +10 (52 – 42)

OHIO – off by 4+
Polls: Trump +3.5 (45.8 – 42.3)
Result: Trump +8 (52 – 44)

MICHIGAN – off by 4+
Polls: Clinton +3.4 (45.4 – 42)
Results: TRUMP +1 (48 – 47)

MINNESOTA – off by 3
Polls: Clinton +5 (45.3 – 40.3)
Results: Clinton +2 (47 – 45)

NEVADA – off by 3
Polls: Trump +0.8 (45.8 – 45)
Results: CLINTON +2 (48 – 46)

NEW MEXICO – off by 3
Polls: Clinton +5 (45.3 – 40.3)
Results: Clinton +8 (48 – 45)

NORTH CAROLINA – off by 3
Polls: Trump +1 (46.5 – 45.5)
Results: Trump +4 (51 – 47)

PENNSYLVANIA – off by 3
Polls: Clinton +1.9 (46.2 – 44.3)
Result: TRUMP +1 (49 – 48)

MAINE – off by 1+
Polls: Clinton +4.5 (44 – 39.5)
Resutls: Clinton +3 (48 – 45)

ARIZONA – off by 1
Polls: Trump +4 (46.3 – 42.3)
Results: Trump +5 (50 – 45)

COLORADO – off by 1
Polls: Clinton +2.9 (43.3 – 40.4)
Results: Clinton +2 (47 – 45)

FLORIDA – close
Polls: Trump +0.2 (46.6 – 46.4)
Result: Trump +1 (49 – 48)

GEORGIA – close
Polls: Trump +4.6 (48.4 – 43.8)
Results: Trump +5 (51 – 46)

NEW HAMPSHIRE – close
Polls: Clinton +0.6 (43.3 – 42.7)
Results: Clinton +1 (48 – 47)

VIRGINIA – correct
Polls: Clinton +5 (47.3 – 42.3)
Results: Clinton +5 (50 – 45)

And here are the predictions by pollsters:
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/e...inton-5491.html

Some have Clinton as high as +18 points.

What was my original point? My original point was we would need to show results that would very comfortably beat this polling error average in order for the distrusting American people to trust the results. My point of 2-5% was rather important: definitely have to beat that to instill confidence.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2017 05:34 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

I cannot edit my post. Damn. Oh well, some where off for the average of 7.5% by state while specific pollsters were off by over 18 points (two different types of numbers but very much similar).

Old Post Oct 26th, 2017 05:35 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Why are you exclusively using the polls of battleground states? That's totally irrelevant when discussing what the national consensus is.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2017 07:13 AM
Rockydonovang is currently offline Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
Why are you exclusively using the polls of battleground states? That's totally irrelevant when discussing what the national consensus is.

Why am I using the polls of states which prove the point I was making about how wrong the polls were?

And why did you overlook the portions I put in there about how far off the polls were for a national consensus (+18 points, at times) and then claim that my point was totally irrelevant when discussing the national consensus?

Gee, I don't know! Derpy dooo!

Now you know what I think you're just a troll. And why I should just ignore you again.

Last edited by dadudemon on Oct 26th, 2017 at 02:09 PM

Old Post Oct 26th, 2017 02:07 PM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by dadudemon
Why am I using the polls of states which prove the point I was making about how wrong the polls were?

Yeah, why? We're discussing national consensus and you're using the polls of individual states.

You should be looking at national polls, not state by state ones.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 11:18 PM