KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Deathstroke

Deathstroke
Started by: BruceSkywalker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

DeathSroke

so apparently its gonna be a solo film...

http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/10/25/...o-gareth-evans/

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Oct 25th, 2017 09:49 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Keep it lower budget and R rated.

No reason for a $150 million or more budget.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2017 10:04 PM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

**** yeah

Fast track that shit

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Oct 25th, 2017 10:15 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

After he passed JL Dark, he pitched this idea to WB. I hope it happens

Old Post Oct 25th, 2017 10:46 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by playa1258
Keep it lower budget and R rated.

No reason for a $150 million or more budget.

all these films will cost $200 million to make lmmfao

but yea this'll be low budget i think

Old Post Oct 25th, 2017 10:58 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Who cares.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2017 11:59 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Evidently not you studmuffin

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Oct 26th, 2017 12:40 AM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by carthage
So the word is out that I'm a studmuffin. Guilty as charged.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2017 12:51 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

I'm laughing right now,, i'll have the title fixed .. lmmfao

Old Post Oct 26th, 2017 02:05 AM
Senor Cage

Originally posted by carthage

laughing out loud

Old Post Oct 26th, 2017 02:22 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Could be cool. Nice to see DC's #2 Badass might get his own movie.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2017 05:49 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Just wait till the average moviegoer sees Deathstroke and snarkily calls him a Deadpool ripoff. laughing

(I'll correct them...explaining he's a ripoff of Taskmaster instead. stick out tongue )

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Oct 26th, 2017 11:36 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

As good as it sounds to have THAT director working with THAT character, it's really starting to feel like, for me at least, WB is so unsure of itself that it's just throwing everything at the wall and seeing what sticks.

You can't build anything without a solid foundation, and the DC movies don't have that yet. WW was a great step in the right direction, but they need to build up that recognition, imo, before they start using more obscure characters, especially those that are villains.

Unless they write him as a kind of anti-hero, but then he seems too much like Deadshot to some people.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Oct 27th, 2017 05:54 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by -Pr-
As good as it sounds to have THAT director working with THAT character, it's really starting to feel like, for me at least, WB is so unsure of itself that it's just throwing everything at the wall and seeing what sticks.

You can't build anything without a solid foundation, and the DC movies don't have that yet. WW was a great step in the right direction, but they need to build up that recognition, imo, before they start using more obscure characters, especially those that are villains.

Unless they write him as a kind of anti-hero, but then he seems too much like Deadshot to some people.

It wasn't WB's idea, though. It was the director who pitched the idea of Deathstroke.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2017 06:14 AM
Flyattractor

I bet he don't wear his mask for more then 5 minutes in the movie

Old Post Oct 27th, 2017 06:14 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

At least he would have the cool eye patch to make up for it.

And I don’t see how Deathstroke being an antihero would make him too much like Deadshot, unless he was also a suicide squad peon or something. Regardless, he’s proven to work as well as an antihero as he has a villain (maybe even better), which I think would fit more for a solo film.

As mentioned, I’m already more interested in this than an Ezra Miller Flash film as it is, especially if the Flash movie just repeats what was already done on the CW show for the most part. It’s evident WB doesn’t have a clear vision for DC movies still, but I hope Deathstroke is one of the pitched ideas that sticks. Joe Manganiello’s been training months with a sword for the role, so I hope to eventually see what he can bring to the table for Slade.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2017 07:19 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Zack M
It wasn't WB's idea, though. It was the director who pitched the idea of Deathstroke.

And they still greenlit it. So it's still their fault.

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
At least he would have the cool eye patch to make up for it.

And I don’t see how Deathstroke being an antihero would make him too much like Deadshot, unless he was also a suicide squad peon or something. Regardless, he’s proven to work as well as an antihero as he has a villain (maybe even better), which I think would fit more for a solo film.

As mentioned, I’m already more interested in this than an Ezra Miller Flash film as it is, especially if the Flash movie just repeats what was already done on the CW show for the most part. It’s evident WB doesn’t have a clear vision for DC movies still, but I hope Deathstroke is one of the pitched ideas that sticks. Joe Manganiello’s been training months with a sword for the role, so I hope to eventually see what he can bring to the table for Slade.

I meant in the vaguest terms. "The gun guy that has a noble purpose but is also a criminal and wears a funky mask" kind of thing.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Oct 27th, 2017 08:35 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by -Pr-
And they still greenlit it. So it's still their fault.

I meant in the vaguest terms. "The gun guy that has a noble purpose but is also a criminal and wears a funky mask" kind of thing.

Not yet. Its still in talks. Anything can happen.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2017 08:56 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

The fact that they're considering it at all worries me.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Oct 27th, 2017 04:18 PM
Impediment
Endless

Good character, but I don’t see the reason for a solo film. Then again it’s f*cking DC Studios.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Oct 27th, 2017 04:49 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote