KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Wonder Woman Vs Flash

Wonder Woman Vs Flash
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (19): « First ... « 13 14 [15] 16 17 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

quote: (post)
Originally posted by RealityWarper
Wonder Woman chain-combo Superman in almost every of their fight.

She is obviously quicker and more skilled than him.

Except she doesn't. And she has herself stated that she is only as fast as power girl.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2017 02:36 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

W2's reflexes and skills are obviously superior to Superman's. That's been consistent and extremely logical for anyone who knows anything about the characters.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2017 02:40 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

Old Post Nov 13th, 2017 07:51 PM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

Old Post Nov 13th, 2017 07:54 PM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

Zoom World Tour. Review and correction.

This is actually one of the answers to
"Can Wonder Woman take one of Flash's near-infinite mass punches?
(aka Flash's I.M.P). Could she take several? And still be in fighting form?"

In point of fact, as shown earlier, Diana took 4 similar strikes from Zoom.
Wally famously launched a White Martian code-named Zum from Mount Rushmore or thereabouts to some place with Zebras.

The episode was well-drawn and given much attention.
Interestingly, Wally's fight with Zum lasted for several panels, definitely more than 3. Diana's fight with Zum? Not so well presented. Easy to overlook just how hard she was hit and how much distance she travelled.

Extraordinary damage soak, at least 2 of these punches demonstrate trams-oceanic travel.

Starting point:
Priscilla Rich's House. Somewhere, USA, presumably.

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

First strike.
Wondy is going, going, gone, until she reaches ...

Eiffel Tower. Paris, France.
(please log in to view the image)

Second strike.

Pyramids of Giza. Cairo, Egypt.
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

3rd strike

Great Wall of China. Beijing, China.

4th strike.

Themysciran temple. Mediterranean Sea (presumably near Greece).

Notice that, despite being on the receiving end of punches similar to what Zum endured, Wondy not only remains conscious, but also has a fairly casual conversation with the good Doctor.

The end result of this mini-world tour, however, is that Zoom is distracted by kicked debris, captured via literally BLINDFOLDED lasso roping by Diana, knocked senseless by one punch, tied up and flown away.

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Nov 14th, 2017 02:24 AM
quanchi112
Disney

thumb up

WW wins.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2017 02:27 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by quanchi112
thumb up

WW wins.

Agreed. She one shot Flash

Old Post Nov 14th, 2017 03:02 AM
RealityWarper is currently offline Click here to Send RealityWarper a Private Message Find more posts by RealityWarper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

Page 2 Known Image/Issue Compilation

2.1 Wonder Woman Special #1

2.2. Wonder Woman #201, Volume 2

2.3. Wonder Woman #144, Volume 2

2.4. no image

2.5. Convergence Speedforce #2 of 2

2.6. Wonder Woman #201, Volume 2

2.7. Unknown. (Death stroke versus Flash, 1990s?)

2.8. Wonder Weapon Special #1

2.9. The Brave and the Bold #12, Volume 3(?) [Mark Waid]

2.10. JLA Classifed #17, April 2006

2.11a. Brave and the Bold #12
2.11b. JLA #89
2.11c. JLA Classified #17

2.12. Supergirl #4, Volume 3(?) [Jeph Loeb]

2.13. no image

2.14. JLA JSA Virtue and Vice, 2002

2.15. no image

2.16. Batman Confidential #53

2.17. no image

2.18. Wonder Woman #212, Volume 2

2.19. no image

2.20. Wonder Woman #212, Volume 2

Old Post Nov 14th, 2017 08:30 AM
bluewaterrider

Old Post Nov 14th, 2017 08:44 AM
bluewaterrider

Originally posted by DarkSaint85

Wally ... against a more martial WW ...

I've seen Flashpoint make its way into this thread several times now.
I suppose it's being continually brought up to show Wonder Woman can be knocked out by a Flash character where such doesn't seem to have occurred pre-Flashpoint. Well, as I've stated before, I don't really have any problem entertaining the possibility of virtually any character getting knocked out.
It's just a matter of likelihood with me -- plausibility and probability.
Going by what's actually happened in the comic record, an in-character, pre-Flashpoint Diana should win a conventional engagement against an in-character pre-Flashpoint Wally West.

Having said that, I like a good comic book fight as much as the next fan, so I see no reason, having tracked that book down to make my reference logs more complete anyway, that we all shouldn't get to take a look at it.

From Convergence Speedforce #2 of 2, FLASHPOINT Wonder Woman versus Wally West Flash:

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Nov 14th, 2017 10:37 AM
DarkSaint85

That Wally ISN'T Flashpoint, so it's not a 'Flash character' per se, but the Flash who is in this thread.

Forgot he was weakened when he fought WW, though. Good scans.

Speed of Hermes still seems to be slower than Flash though, lol.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2017 12:44 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

Speed of Hermes still seems to be slower than Flash ...

confused

Old Post Nov 14th, 2017 02:09 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Old Post Nov 14th, 2017 02:20 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Thanks Stilt.

Yeah, it specifically says that he's faster, she's more skilled.

Blue, do you ever read your scans?

Old Post Nov 14th, 2017 02:33 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sasaraixx

Thanks Stilt.

Yeah, it specifically says that he's faster, she's more skilled.

Blue, do you ever read your scans?

Clearly the scan says that he's faster. I'm not sure how you can argue otherwise.

However, you should not ignore that he says "what little advantage" he has in speed. That implies the gap between them is not that great. He also comments on how fast she is and says he didn't even see her move, all before he's hit with the grenades. I'm not sure how you could argue otherwise on this point either.

But that isn't the Diana in this thread though, right? Not sure what bearing it has on the larger debate.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2017 04:07 PM
Sasaraixx is currently offline Click here to Send Sasaraixx a Private Message Find more posts by Sasaraixx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sasaraixx

Originally posted by abhilegend
Except she doesn't. And she has herself stated that she is only as fast as power girl.

Yes, but she and Batman both said she was quicker than him, the argument being raw speed vs. speed + skill. I wouldn't use her comments on the subject to make your point.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2017 04:12 PM
Sasaraixx is currently offline Click here to Send Sasaraixx a Private Message Find more posts by Sasaraixx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by Sasaraixx
Clearly the scan says that he's faster. I'm not sure how you can argue otherwise.

See blue's posts. He's arguing that there is no speed difference - if anything, WW is faster. You're responding to the wrong person here.

quote:

However, you should not ignore that he says "what little advantage" he has in speed. That implies the gap between them is not that great. He also comments on how fast she is and says he didn't even see her move, all before he's hit with the grenades. I'm not sure how you could argue otherwise on this point either.

All true, and I am NOT arguing that Flash is more skilled, or that WW is slow.

Merely that, as my very first post on this on page 1 says, Flash is faster and has the speedsteal.

quote:

But that isn't the Diana in this thread though, right? Not sure what bearing it has on the larger debate.

It was to show that Wally knows that Diana is a danger and would be afool to engage in fisticuffs with her.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2017 04:28 PM
bluewaterrider

Originally posted by Sasaraixx

you should not ignore that he says "what LITTLE advantage" he has in speed. That implies the gap between them is not that great. He also comments on how fast she is and says he didn't even see her move, all before he's hit with the grenades. I'm not sure how you could argue otherwise on this point either.

Bingo.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2017 07:10 PM
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by bluewaterrider
I've seen Flashpoint make its way into this thread several times now.
I suppose it's being continually brought up to show Wonder Woman can be knocked out by a Flash character where such doesn't seem to have occurred pre-Flashpoint. Well, as I've stated before, I don't really have any problem entertaining the possibility of virtually any character getting knocked out.
It's just a matter of likelihood with me -- plausibility and probability.
Going by what's actually happened in the comic record, an in-character, pre-Flashpoint Diana should win a conventional engagement against an in-character pre-Flashpoint Wally West.

Having said that, I like a good comic book fight as much as the next fan, so I see no reason, having tracked that book down to make my reference logs more complete anyway, that we all shouldn't get to take a look at it.

From Convergence Speedforce #2 of 2, FLASHPOINT Wonder Woman versus Wally West Flash:

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

She won.

She could have cleaved Flash's face if she wanted to.

Flash had to sucker punch her.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2017 07:46 PM
RealityWarper is currently offline Click here to Send RealityWarper a Private Message Find more posts by RealityWarper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

She also moved so fast that Flash couldn't perceive it.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Nov 14th, 2017 08:02 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote