KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Wonder Woman Vs Flash

Wonder Woman Vs Flash
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (19): « First ... « 16 17 [18] 19 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
bluewaterrider

Old Post Nov 21st, 2017 10:34 AM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

I'm not sure if I ever actually gave my opinion on who would win.

In character, based on what we've actually seen in the comics, I'd have to say Wonder Woman.

Believe it or not, this is actually slightly different than who I think "should" win.
For I think DarkSaint's suggestion of Speedsteal is sound. It is possible and plausible. There is certainly history of Flash or other Flash characters using it. Strangely, most of theses episodes, when not involving Speedforce speedsters, seem to involve Superman in race conditions against Flash. However, in few if any cases do these speed steals involve complete stoppage, most imply that stoppage of momentum is NOT possible when the opponent is strong enough and has any real momentum built up, and the actual percentage of SS usage seems to be very, very low.

I note that Riv started a thread asking just how invulnerable Wonder Woman is.
The true answer, of course, is "however invulnerable DC decides". Within story, however, the answer is that Diana conforms to the model of a Pantheon-blessed being, whose stats actually go up or down according to what her backers desire and how much power they themselves have and choose to invest in her.

By the point of 2009 or 2010, however, Diana's intrinsic invulnerability, or perhaps more properly damage soak ability, is such that she can and does quite literally, endure being punched and kicked halfway across the world. Punches a nuclear missile and has it explode in her face. Gets punched by Superman several million miles through space and craters on Earth. She goes on to win that fight against Superman, flies off unharmed from the nuke, and literally jokes with her "world tour" guide, Zoom, as I've shown twice now. Flash isn't going to win by standard punch hard OR punch often strategies if we actually go by what's in the book.

Anyway, this page is a good and proper place for "testing" strategies.

Flash side, have you anything to neutralize Diana if she simply takes to the air?

Old Post Nov 21st, 2017 11:14 AM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Speed steal.

(please log in to view the image)

That was one of the scans I posted when you asked for speed steals.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2017 11:19 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Also in the first pack of scans when you asked for speedstealing (which you must have glossed over):

By the by, you are grossly trying to misrepresent the scan with Superman.

Flash doesn't want to steal his speed as he doesn't want to cause destruction on Earth, NOT because he can't do it.

To say he couldn't, when he expressly says he could, is....gross misrepresentation at best,and flat out lying at worst.

Last edited by DarkSaint85 on Nov 21st, 2017 at 11:33 AM

Old Post Nov 21st, 2017 11:27 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
By the by, you are grossly trying to misrepresent the scan with Superman.

Flash doesn't want to steal his speed as he doesn't want to cause destruction on Earth, NOT because he can't do it.

To say he couldn't, when he expressly says he could, is....gross misrepresentation at best,and flat out lying at worst.

You're missing option #3: The dialogue the writer provided contradicts itself.

If Superman were simply frozen in place, how would he cause destruction?

The premise is he keeps on going -- just like something thrown out of a car would.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2017 11:40 AM
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by bluewaterrider
You're missing option #3: The dialogue the writer provided contradicts itself.

If Superman were simply frozen in place, how would he cause destruction?

The premise is he keeps on going -- just like something thrown out of a car would.

Except it says it stops him cold. Just like crashing a car into a brick wall as it speeds along.

That car crash would cause destruction, and it would be stopped cold. No contradiction.

You are adding your own spin onto things, when we have the writer saying clearly what Wally could do,the subsequent effects, and the reason for not doing it.

Moreover, we have a less skilled user of the SF,Jay, doing it to Superman posted in this thread.

You once more seem to gloss over poor Girder.asi have mentioned multiple times in this thread. No doubt because you're trying to ignore it.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2017 11:50 AM
DarkSaint85

Speed steal.

That was one of the scans I posted when you asked for speed steals.

Once more, again.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2017 11:51 AM
bluewaterrider

Except it says it stops him cold. Just like crashing a car into a brick wall as it speeds along.

That car crash would cause destruction, and it would be stopped cold. No contradiction.

You are adding your own spin onto things, when we have the writer saying clearly what Wally could do,the subsequent effects, and the reason for not doing it.

Moreover, we have a less skilled user of the SF,Jay, doing it to Superman posted in this thread.

You once more seem to gloss over poor Girder.asi have mentioned multiple times in this thread. No doubt because you're trying to ignore it.

1. If the Gamemnae world trio is any indication, Wonder Woman has demonstrated literal moon-moving strength, several times it, actually, and Flash being able to handle the momentum of a guy with the energy of a train is scarcely worthy of mention.

2. You've yet to explain how Superman would be able to cause damage from wherever they are to Moscow UNLESS he himself is going to be traveling all the way to Moscow.

Read that part of your scan again:

Old Post Nov 21st, 2017 12:01 PM
DarkSaint85

Good point about Gamanemnae.

Re read that storyline again.

Whilst WW,Superman and MM were hauling the Earth, WHO did Batman have to counteract them?

Hint: he's in this thread. He's a speedster ;-)

Flash handled THAT momentum.

Additionally,

Reread my scan pack with the speedsteal (did you even read them??)

Flash handled the speed of the entire planet, including every superhero on Earth, including such luminaries as, yes, you guessed it,Superman and WW.

Go back and read them.

As for the damage from here to Moscow:. Simple. Imagine a car crashing into a brick wall, whilst travelling at 20mph. Not much damage, right?

Imagine it crashing at 200 mph. Much more damage.

200000000000000000mph? At relativistic speeds? Imagine how much energy would be expunged as that car is stopped cold.

Last edited by DarkSaint85 on Nov 21st, 2017 at 12:14 PM

Old Post Nov 21st, 2017 12:12 PM
bluewaterrider

I might post scans later, but, for people who have no idea who or what a "Gamemnae" is ...

http://rikdad.blogspot.com/2015/10/?m=1

Old Post Nov 21st, 2017 12:47 PM
DarkSaint85

Have you the scan where he counteracts the stress placed on the Earth by our three heroes?

More than a freight train, one would imagine.

Then there is his race, where he handles the energy from the entire planet (including speedsters etc).

Old Post Nov 21st, 2017 12:51 PM
bluewaterrider

Have you the scan where he counteracts the stress placed on the Earth by our three heroes?

Yes, much more than a freight train I imagine, and greater than anything you've shown to date. Girder and bullets were so unimpressive I didn't bother mentioning them; truthfully they were so poor even at registering with me that I I actually thought you confused (and/or your iPhone mistyped) the name "Girder" for "guillotine", as you actually showed Flash trapped IN a guillotine, which I reposted for you a page or two ago, whose blade Flash could only slow, not stop. Actually, without taking the time to check, even NOW I couldn't swear any but yourself ever gave "train" guy a name I could look up, much less actually called him Girder.

The Gamemnae incident, however, is something with scale enough to suggest Flash might be able to prevent even determined flight takeoff by Diana, though the mass Diana is theoretically hauling here in real-life terms is well over that of a dozen of our own Moon.

Can't be discounted as a simple bullet stoppage, at least.

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Source: JLA #75, Volume 1.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2017 02:03 PM
bluewaterrider

I honored your implicit request, I'll even highlight and cover gallery the showing because it IS quite good:

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Source: JLA #75, Volume 1 (end of the Obsidian Age storyline)

Then there is his race, where he handles the energy from the entire planet (including speedsters etc).

"Scans or it didn't happen -- you're making that up."

Old Post Nov 21st, 2017 02:20 PM
DarkSaint85

Already posted, when you asked for scans of speedstealing.

No point reposting when you obviously don't read them.

As for it being greater than anything I've shown to date....nice implication. I posted all this way back in the thread.

Hardly my fault you skip and skim and don't pay attention.

The scans all had purpose.

Guillotine and bullet scans: to show he could speed steal without physical contact.
Girder: to show he could do it to sentient beings (and I named him in this thread, several times)
Planet: to show the scope and magnitude he could do.

Really not looking well for you here.

Last edited by DarkSaint85 on Nov 21st, 2017 at 02:31 PM

Old Post Nov 21st, 2017 02:24 PM
bluewaterrider

Already posted, when you asked for scans of speedstealing.

No point reposting when you obviously don't read them.

You do a lot of things with no point, then, for you've reposted several things now.
And you'll notice that I usually address them when you do.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2017 02:32 PM
DarkSaint85

Yeah. I used to repost them because I tried to be helpful.

But you're a prime example of leading horses to water and all that. I name checked Girder three times in this thread, preceding this page.

I posted the scans of him handling speed from the entire planet, AND the scan of him from the Obsidian Age. I posted the scans of the Speed Force NOT coming from the Godwave, but from Barry.

You missed them, and I had to continuously mention them.

You should spend less time posting random scans 'for completeness' as you say, and more time A: actually reading them and B: actually engaging in debate, as opposed to attempting to overwhelm people with faux attempts at intelligence.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2017 02:47 PM
bluewaterrider

Really not looking well for you here.

Can't do any worse than the unanimous odds originally given Flash on page 1 of this thread.

And we've gone from that to people firmly being convinced Wonder Woman WINS an in-character fight with comicbook showings to back it up.

Along the way I've quietly dealt with pretty much every standard strategy Flash ever uses, including the vaunted i.m.p., showing how Wondy actually DEALT with those with a literal smile on her face when Zoom treated her to several.

Unless this were a spite match in Wondy's favor, I could scarcely see myself doing much better.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2017 02:49 PM
DarkSaint85

You....haven't actually convinced anyone, though....

Realitywarper? He has a known hatred of Flash,.

Who else have you convinced?

Quan? Carver?

Last edited by DarkSaint85 on Nov 21st, 2017 at 02:57 PM

Old Post Nov 21st, 2017 02:53 PM
bluewaterrider

Yeah. I used to repost them because I tried to be helpful.

But you're a prime example of leading horses to water and all that. I name checked Girder three times in this thread, preceding this page.

I posted the scans of him handling speed from the entire planet, AND the scan of him from the Obsidian Age. I posted the scans of the Speed Force NOT coming from the Godwave, but from Barry.

You missed them, and I had to continuously mention them.

You should spend less time posting random scans 'for completeness' as you say, and more time A: actually reading them and B: actually engaging in debate, as opposed to attempting to overwhelm people with faux attempts at intelligence.

I should take your advice with a grain of salt, is what I should do, because only someone unfamiliar with your tactics will fail to see that your idea of "debate" is to slyly insult a person until they lose their temper with you.
Not likely to work with me; my goals are a bit different than that of the average poster.
If you actually want to be helpful, provide titles and issue numbers so people have a guide they can use to refer to these materials.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2017 03:00 PM
DarkSaint85

Yet when I post scans,and name check characters - several times - you ignore them.

No thanks.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2017 03:03 PM