KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Feminism: Is it a bad thing?

Feminism: Is it a bad thing?
Started by: Steve Zodiac

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Steve Zodiac
Restricted

Account Restricted

Feminism is it a bad thing?

Personally, I have no problem with equality of sexes. What are your thoughts?

Old Post Oct 27th, 2017 08:48 PM
Steve Zodiac is currently offline Click here to Send Steve Zodiac a Private Message Find more posts by Steve Zodiac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Neither do I, which is why I'm an egalitarian.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2017 08:49 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Steve Zodiac
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Silent Master
Neither do I, which is why I'm an egalitarian.
As am I, and I believe that to be completely egalitarian you sometimes need positive discrimination to make up for inadequate life chances and the biggest block to equality of opportunity is not sex, race, creed or even education but poverty.

Last edited by Steve Zodiac on Oct 27th, 2017 at 08:54 PM

Old Post Oct 27th, 2017 08:52 PM
Steve Zodiac is currently offline Click here to Send Steve Zodiac a Private Message Find more posts by Steve Zodiac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Equality is great. The people I see who have a problem with Feminism usually do not understand what the current use of the word means. They believes it's about male oppression and cry out as such.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Oct 27th, 2017 08:57 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Steve Zodiac
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
Equality is great. The people I see who have a problem with Feminism usually do not understand what the current use of the word means. They believes it's about male oppression and cry out as such.

Yes, they do, and the present US administration truly demonstrates how far we are from equality of the sexes.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2017 09:01 PM
Raisen

I'm all for real equality. I believe everyone should sign up for the draft, equality in divorce court, equality in child custody cases, equal pay for equal work, equal social services for all races and sexes, equal treatment in criminal court etc

Old Post Oct 27th, 2017 09:20 PM
Raisen is currently offline Click here to Send Raisen a Private Message Find more posts by Raisen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Foxsteak
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't believe in equality because men don't give birth.

InfoBoards: 1 millionth post game regains popularity! . Stockholm syndrome has spread throughout KMC . Surtur reports a "change" in the forum . Super Noodles Vitality only £1.00 . AAAARGH!

Old Post Oct 27th, 2017 09:22 PM
Foxsteak is currently offline Click here to Send Foxsteak a Private Message Find more posts by Foxsteak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Originally posted by Steve Zodiac
As am I, and I believe that to be completely egalitarian you sometimes need positive discrimination to make up for inadequate life chances and the biggest block to equality of opportunity is not sex, race, creed or even education but poverty.

This disgusts me completely and utterly at a point of principle. That you would not only justify the use of racial discrimination but implicate a moral imperative to do so completely disgusts and revolts me.

How dare you call yourself an anti-racist when you consider racist policies an ethical obligation.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Last edited by Emperordmb on Oct 27th, 2017 at 10:07 PM

Old Post Oct 27th, 2017 10:01 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Steve Zodiac
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Emperordmb
This disgusts me completely and utterly at a point of principle. That you would not only justify the use of racial discrimination but implicate a moral imperative to do so completely disgusts and revolts me.
Um, not what I said... but yeah, quota's from all kind of disadvantaged backgrounds including white working class people with little access to education and black working class with little access to education and girls from ethnic minorities if done right are all good things. Shame that triggers you pal.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2017 10:08 PM
Afro Cheese

Uh... Yea see the thing is... I don't have a problem with "equality of the sexes"

But we're pretty much equals under the law now. So bored feminists have to find shit to do. So they ***** about a bunch of shit that I can't be bothered with, such as the sexism in Mario games. So I don't really identify with them. Because 9 times out of 10 they are taking stances I don't share or just stances on issues I don't care about.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2017 10:09 PM
Afro Cheese is currently offline Click here to Send Afro Cheese a Private Message Find more posts by Afro Cheese Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

I think the sentiment behind things like affirmative action are well intended, but I think the most qualified person should get the nod.

Now if it can be proven that there are racist, sexist, or religious discrimination leading to a person being overlooked, then that should be fixed.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2017 10:12 PM
socool8520 is currently offline Click here to Send socool8520 a Private Message Find more posts by socool8520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Afro Cheese

I also agree that the most qualified person should get the job. The quota system is stupid. If you want more of X group to get Y job, then invest in helping to make them capable of doing so as the most qualified applicant to that job, Anything less than that is just a shortcut which results in lower standards.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2017 10:16 PM
Afro Cheese is currently offline Click here to Send Afro Cheese a Private Message Find more posts by Afro Cheese Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Originally posted by Steve Zodiac
Um, not what I said... but yeah, quota's from all kind of disadvantaged backgrounds including white working class people with little access to education and black working class with little access to education and girls from ethnic minorities if done right are all good things. Shame that triggers you pal.

I don't care if you're disadvantaging or advantaging white people on the basis of their identity. Regardless of who it's being done to I consider it wrong, because that's what it means to have a stance founded on principles.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Oct 27th, 2017 10:17 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Foxsteak
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Afro Cheese
Uh... Yea see the thing is... I don't have a problem with "equality of the sexes"

But we're pretty much equals under the law now. So bored feminists have to find shit to do. So they ***** about a bunch of shit that I can't be bothered with, such as the sexism in Mario games. So I don't really identify with them. Because 9 times out of 10 they are taking stances I don't share or just stances on issues I don't care about.
It's odd how sarkesian has to pick examples from over 30 ****ing years ago.

Has she heard of tomb raider?

InfoBoards: 1 millionth post game regains popularity! . Stockholm syndrome has spread throughout KMC . Surtur reports a "change" in the forum . Super Noodles Vitality only £1.00 . AAAARGH!

Old Post Oct 27th, 2017 10:18 PM
Foxsteak is currently offline Click here to Send Foxsteak a Private Message Find more posts by Foxsteak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raisen

i'm a true feminist.

Women should have to sign up for the draft to vote like men
Women should be punished equally for crimes.
Women should pay for exactly half of everything in marraiges
There should be equal pay for equal work
They should receive equal treatment in divorce court
Men should get equal maternal leave when their wife has a child

Old Post Oct 27th, 2017 10:25 PM
Raisen is currently offline Click here to Send Raisen a Private Message Find more posts by Raisen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

Originally posted by Raisen

Men should get equal maternal leave when their wife has a child

To be fair, we do not have to give birth so I'll give them the longer leave time. Breastfeeding and changing shit diapers isn't all unicorns and rainbows either. lol

Old Post Oct 27th, 2017 10:28 PM
socool8520 is currently offline Click here to Send socool8520 a Private Message Find more posts by socool8520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raisen

Originally posted by socool8520
To be fair, we do not have to give birth so I'll give them the longer leave time. Breastfeeding and changing shit diapers isn't all unicorns and rainbows either. lol

but the early days are important for forming tight bonds. shouldn't the father also be given the opportunity?

Old Post Oct 27th, 2017 10:29 PM
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

You get two weeks bro. Geez

Old Post Oct 27th, 2017 10:30 PM
Raisen

Originally posted by socool8520
You get two weeks bro. Geez

it's cool. i don't speak about this for my own sake. i'm not going to have any more kids and i don't want to get married. i'm just saying...

Old Post Oct 27th, 2017 10:35 PM
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

lol. It's all good man. I just see how this particular issue should favor women. They have to have the baby, recover from their insides being demolished, and bond with the baby.

Just a bit more work than changing some diapers and having your hand squeezed really hard right?

Old Post Oct 27th, 2017 10:37 PM