KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Feminism: Is it a bad thing?

Feminism: Is it a bad thing?
Started by: Steve Zodiac

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
S_W_LeGenD

Feminism was a political movement and it has served its purpose. Time to kill it.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2017 10:29 AM
S_W_LeGenD is currently offline Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Foxsteak
Restricted

Account Restricted

I say we just do nothing. If women suddenly start throwing themselves into cars for something, and it becomes a big problem, let them have it.

InfoBoards: 1 millionth post game regains popularity! . Stockholm syndrome has spread throughout KMC . Surtur reports a "change" in the forum . Super Noodles Vitality only 1.00 . AAAARGH!

Old Post Oct 28th, 2017 11:33 AM
Foxsteak is currently offline Click here to Send Foxsteak a Private Message Find more posts by Foxsteak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur

quote: (post)
Originally posted by socool8520
I'm sure there are some successful businesses run by women. Oprah owns everything doesn't she?

Notice the feminists have an issue with the percentage of female CEO's in this country but...I never see them complaining that most people who work in jobs like being a garbageman are...men. Most in construction are...men. They never get upset about those careers though. Weird.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2017 03:34 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Foxsteak
Restricted

Account Restricted

(please log in to view the image)

InfoBoards: 1 millionth post game regains popularity! . Stockholm syndrome has spread throughout KMC . Surtur reports a "change" in the forum . Super Noodles Vitality only 1.00 . AAAARGH!

Old Post Oct 28th, 2017 03:54 PM
Foxsteak is currently offline Click here to Send Foxsteak a Private Message Find more posts by Foxsteak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
YousufKhan1212

Absolutely not.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2017 08:40 PM
YousufKhan1212 is currently offline Click here to Send YousufKhan1212 a Private Message Find more posts by YousufKhan1212 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

I am all for supporting true Feminism, but I draw the line at FemaNAZIISMM.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2017 08:54 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

What is "true feminism" though. There's really two definitions I see:
Definition of feminism
1 : the theory of the political, economic, and social equality of the sexes
2 : organized activity on behalf of women's rights and interests
Merriam Webster

The former of the two I agree with, at least to the extent that men and women should be equal under the law and have the same opportunities, I find the idea that there should be an equality of outcome between the two groups absurd though. I don't think the name feminist really conveys this message though, which is why I identify as a legal egalitarian.

The latter of the two is an identitarian collectivist movement that seems to push for equality of outcome and is blind to the fact that men and women have equal rights and for the most part have equal social freedoms, and that laughs in the face of any who suggest there are issues men have that should be addressed. And this type of feminism has become one arm of the intersectional social justice movement, and it's absolute cancer.

It should be addressed that both sexes being equal under the law and that neither of the two genders should serve as a barrier to opportunity is a value most people agree with, HOWEVER, just because a person or movement identifies as feminist which people can link with the value of gender equality should not serve as a shield from criticism, and a lot of the criticisms of the modern feminism movement are extremely valid... which is why they mainly come from people who believe the same point of principle expressed in the first definition.

I am Darth Umbravon, and I am the darkness, I am the Shadow of the Sith!

Old Post Oct 28th, 2017 09:06 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RHaggis
The Jammy Bastard

B-b-but who's gonna make the sandwiches now?

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 12:33 AM
RHaggis is currently offline Click here to Send RHaggis a Private Message Find more posts by RHaggis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Manly Chiefs like Gordan Ramsey.

That or little cucks.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 12:38 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Foxsteak
Restricted

Account Restricted

i like my sammiches with bacon egg cheese and hp sauce

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 01:19 AM
NewGuy01
perpetual

why would you need to go over 90mph

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 03:10 AM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Because its is fun?

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 03:12 AM
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

Which banned person is this who keeps trolling the mod?

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 03:23 AM
socool8520 is currently offline Click here to Send socool8520 a Private Message Find more posts by socool8520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

most likely TI

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 03:34 AM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Which banned person is this who keeps trolling the mod?

Hard to Guess. They are SO Many.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 03:35 AM
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
most likely TI

Time Immemorial? I don't remember that person being that bad, but I didn't post in the GDF often until recently.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 03:40 AM
socool8520 is currently offline Click here to Send socool8520 a Private Message Find more posts by socool8520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

Originally posted by Flyattractor
Hard to Guess. They are SO Many.

This is true.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 03:40 AM
Flyattractor

This is true.

I would say it wasn't Timmy. Timmy had more of a Directin for his douchery. ...speaking of which....What happened to Quan?

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 03:46 AM
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

Surt hasn't posted in a little while so he hasn't shown up to insult him.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 03:50 AM
Flyattractor

Well it is the weekend.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 03:53 AM