KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Thanos & PF Thane vs. DS Sentry & Insane Genis-Vell

Thanos & PF Thane vs. DS Sentry & Insane Genis-Vell
Started by: byrdgang21

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
tkitna

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Damborgson
Because Death Sentry is different to any version of Sentry prior, he's voidless and amped. For all intentions and purposes, hes a blank slate.

What does that have to do with him retaining his powerset? Did the other 3 horsemen have different powers? Come on.

By Stoic
Ignore List - H1A8, Mr.Parker

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 01:40 AM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

Originally posted by abhilegend
Because that would burst Sentry fanboys fantasy bubble and they only care about how powerful he is or who he beats on battle boards.

Sentry beat Doom too. (please log in to view the image)

By Stoic

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 01:45 AM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Protector of the Universe

Originally posted by tkitna

He didn't beat Doom, he went far beyond that. He humiliated and crushed him.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 01:49 AM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

Originally posted by zopzop
He didn't beat Doom, he went far beyond that. He humiliated and crushed him.

Shhhh. Don't tell Abhi that.

By Stoic

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 01:51 AM
abhilegend
Reborn

Originally posted by zopzop
It was a sucker attack when he was walking home from getting his groceries.

And?

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 02:59 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Reborn

I said he was shown as having the same powers as he had before as there were several examples (flight, strength, eye beams, TK, matter manipulation, etc,,,). There were several examples. Even if you deny the rock creatures as being matter manipulation, how can you deny he has that ability when he has shown examples of his other prior abilities along the way?

Because he learned it for the first time in Dark Avengers and never used it again.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 03:00 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Reborn

Shhhh. Don't tell Abhi that.

Many characters have beaten Doom, even Scarlet Witch has Wrecked Doom.

What is that supposed to mean anyway?

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 03:02 AM
tkitna

Many characters have beaten Doom, even Scarlet Witch has Wrecked Doom.

What is that supposed to mean anyway?

Someone mentioned Doom and you went on your anti Sentry tirade for some reason. Just thought that I would point out that Sentry handled both MM and Doom, that's all.

By Stoic

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 05:03 AM
tkitna

Because he learned it for the first time in Dark Avengers and never used it again.

Doesn't mean he cant. I think he used it with the rock giants.

By Stoic

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 05:03 AM
abhilegend
Reborn

Someone mentioned Doom and you went on your anti Sentry tirade for some reason. Just thought that I would point out that Sentry handled both MM and Doom, that's all.

What anti sentry tirade? Are you really this paranoid?

I don't care one bit about Sentry for any tirade. Failed clone is a failed clone. He deserves to be in limbo.
Doesn't mean he cant. I think he used it with the rock giants.

What you think he irrelevant. You need TK to bring rocks to act like that. If he transmutated them into living giants then it would be matter manipulation.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 05:06 AM
Enzeru

Could you tell us where it is said to be matter manipulation for Death Sentry?

Could you tell us where it is said, that it's not matter manipulation for Death Seed Sentry?

And why did he learn it in Dark Avengers if his entire power set is based on it?

I would assume, because during his fight against the Molecule Man he got exposed to the actual process of it for the first time and figured it out. In the end he also said he was able to control it.

What does that have to do with him retaining his powerset? Did the other 3 horsemen have different powers? Come on.

To be fair: Horsemen at times did have addtional powers. In Uncanny Avengers Daken for example had toxic claws, which messed Wolverine up real good.

It's not crazy to think, that the Sentry might have gotten new powers as a Horseman of Death. IF he was a regular character. The actual argument is that his power set is based on him warping the reality on a molecular level. Pretty much everything we saw him do in Uncanny Avengers had been done by him before.
Creating sand golems in Uncanny Avengers? In Dark Avengers he has created a werewolf and before that he has created plenty of objects like the Watchtower or his clothes.

You're ignoring context.
How many effective issues of existence did he have post Dark Avengers? In Dark Avengers he used offensive molecule manipulation against Molecule Man, a gun his wife used to attempt to kill herself and then we already got Siege, where he used it to kill Loki. Other than that he used regular manipulation to create a living being and what-not.

And in the end of the day: What in your opinion is Sentrys ability to summon dark, evil tentacles from the sky, which either explode upon impact or send victims into a mental shock? Oh and also can travel through time?
Is it magic? Is Sentry in your opinion a wizard? I just don't understand your line of thinking. Help me out here a little bit.

You need TK to bring rocks to act like that. If he transmutated them into living giants then it would be matter manipulation.

Do you need telekinesis to create a werewolf? Because that's what he did in Dark Avengers.
If he all of a sudden wasn't able to create sand golems with molecule manipulation, then it would be a power downgrade.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 08:43 AM
Enzeru is currently offline Click here to Send Enzeru a Private Message Find more posts by Enzeru Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Current Thanos solos. Bad match up.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 08:54 AM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

I don't care one bit about Sentry for any tirade. Failed clone is a failed clone. He deserves to be in limbo.

It really does piss you off that he's superior to Superman doesn't it?

quote:
What you think he irrelevant. You need TK to bring rocks to act like that. If he transmutated them into living giants then it would be matter manipulation.

And your spouting this as fact due too,,,,,,?

By Stoic

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 09:54 AM
tkitna

Originally posted by Enzeru

To be fair: Horsemen at times did have addtional powers. In Uncanny Avengers Daken for example had toxic claws, which messed Wolverine up real good.

Did they also retain their original power sets too though?

By Stoic

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 09:55 AM
DarkSaint85

Question isn't just powersets, though, but also power levels

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 10:11 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Reborn

Originally posted by Enzeru
Could you tell us where it is said, that it's not matter manipulation for Death Seed Sentry?

Why would I prove a negative?

quote:

I would assume, because during his fight against the Molecule Man he got exposed to the actual process of it for the first time and figured it out. In the end he also said he was able to control it.

Your assumptions are irrelevant. Show us where he was stated to have matter manipulation before Dark Avengers.
quote:

It's not crazy to think, that the Sentry might have gotten new powers as a Horseman of Death. IF he was a regular character. The actual argument is that his power set is based on him warping the reality on a molecular level. Pretty much everything we saw him do in Uncanny Avengers had been done by him before.
Creating sand golems in Uncanny Avengers? In Dark Avengers he has created a werewolf and before that he has created plenty of objects like the Watchtower or his clothes.

He was confirmed to be more powerful by the writer.

http://www.cbr.com/exclusive-remend...the-apocalypse/

"“If you want to take down Thor, resurrecting the Sentry and planting a Death Seed in him to make him even more powerful is a pretty good way to do that."
quote:

You're ignoring context.
How many effective issues of existence did he have post Dark Avengers? In Dark Avengers he used offensive molecule manipulation against Molecule Man, a gun his wife used to attempt to kill herself and then we already got Siege, where he used it to kill Loki. Other than that he used regular manipulation to create a living being and what-not.

He had several issues of appearances. In fact Absorbing Man destroyed him using a cosmic cube.

That power would be handy at a time like that.
quote:

And in the end of the day: What in your opinion is Sentrys ability to summon dark, evil tentacles from the sky, which either explode upon impact or send victims into a mental shock? Oh and also can travel through time?
Is it magic? Is Sentry in your opinion a wizard? I just don't understand your line of thinking. Help me out here a little bit.

His powers are ill defined. That doesn't means you can give him any power you want.

That's Silver Surfer FYI.
quote:

Do you need telekinesis to create a werewolf? Because that's what he did in Dark Avengers.
If he all of a sudden wasn't able to create sand golems with molecule manipulation, then it would be a power downgrade.

That's what I said, he used matter manipulation in one issue and never again.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 11:12 AM
abhilegend
Reborn

It really does piss you off that he's superior to Superman doesn't it?

Superior in what? Character? Mythos? Supporting cast? Impact on history? Superman would still be here when Sentry is all but forgotten.

Why would a Superman fan would be pissed at a failed clone who is in limbo for years now?
quote:

And your spouting this as fact due too,,,,,,?

I'm still waiting for the proof that it was matter manipulation.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 11:14 AM
Enzeru

Did they also retain their original power sets too though?

Yeah, of course.

Originally posted by DarkSaint85

Question isn't just powersets, though, but also power levels

That's not only the question, but also pretty much the most important part about the Horsemen of Death story.

It's safe to say that the Death Seeds were an amp in one form or another. The Horsemen of Death were more potent and some of them displayed new powers. So ultimately they were more powerful. But in the end of the day Daken got beaten by Wolverine, Grim Reaper by Rogue and Banshee by Havok and Wasp, if I recall correctly. So their power levels weren't THAT much higher than their old power levels.

Sentry on the other hand? Nothing suggests that the Death Seed amped him up that much higher than it did every other Horseman of Death. Yet his power level still put him up magnitudes above not only Thor but possibly also above the combined powers of over 100 heroes.

And it's nothing we would have seen the first time, because when the Void appeared, you still needed a city full of heroes to somewhat stalemate him. And in the end it still always took the Sentry himself to stop the Void.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 11:16 AM
Enzeru is currently offline Click here to Send Enzeru a Private Message Find more posts by Enzeru Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enzeru

Why would I prove a negative?

Because you're making a flawed, baseless argument in the first place.

Your assumptions are irrelevant. Show us where he was stated to have matter manipulation before Dark Avengers.

Again: Show us, where it was stated that it wasn't molecule manipulation.

I mean, you know what a retcon is. And that retcon of his power set in Dark Avengers explained all the mysterious stuff about the Sentry. Sentry isn't Superman. Superman can't wish his suit into existence. Superman can't teleport. Superman can't resurrect the dead. Superman can't erase peoples memories simply by thinking.
For the longest time that were just random powers for the Sentry, but in Dark Avengers we got an explanation: That guy controls reality itself by manipulating the molecules around him.

He had several issues of appearances. In fact Absorbing Man destroyed him using a cosmic cube. That power would be handy at a time like that.

I've never said, that Sentry is above cosmic cubes. Not many characters are.

There are still levels to molecule manipulation and reality warping. Just because you have those abilities, doesn't mean that you're automatically in the cosmic bracket and can compete with the likes of Eternity, Death and what-not. If we buy into extreme levels of hyperbole Sentry stalemating Galactus is already insanity, when it comes to power levels.

His powers are ill defined. That doesn't means you can give him any power you want.

His powers were ill defined up until the moment, where he went: "Oh. I control molecules. That's how I do what I do. Now I can control it."

And from that point on he was using these abilities at will.

The only problem is, when people point out a moment from older Sentry comics and cry about how he didn't use offensive molecule manipulation at that point. He didn't, because he wasn't actively aware of the full extent of his powers.

He still had a vague idea of what he was capable of doing, since we've seen him heal people and give them untreatable cancer. As well as teleport, erase memories and whatever. That doesn't just come from having a random power set.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 11:32 AM
quanchi112
Stronger than Superman

What anti sentry tirade? Are you really this paranoid?

Your opinion on the Sentry is irrelevant. He's far more powerful than Superman is and would smite him objectively. As to the thread Thanos wins.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 12:30 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote