KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Thanos & PF Thane vs. DS Sentry & Insane Genis-Vell

Thanos & PF Thane vs. DS Sentry & Insane Genis-Vell
Started by: byrdgang21

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Your interpretation of contradictiing on panel facts (MM telling us blatantly with his alt persona that he wants to fail, and this "no no no, I didn't mean to (or I just tried)" is nothing new, it hardens the words of the beyoner personality) and you wanting me to prove a negative is all that is left it seems.

"Rick Remender removed Sentry from the story because he is too powerful."

So powerful that all it took was a Giant Worm...

Honestly, I can understand the reasoning of almost any opinion, even Carvers from time to time, and where it comes from. Yours is just a single feat against a depowered being and all you have left for all his other showings, all his defeats, are excuses (they wanted to put him out of the story, he wanted to die, he was not aware how powerful he is that's why BM koed him blablabla.)

As it stands, Sentry has one good feat against a weakened opponent in a human body and a shit of lows against far far lesser beings in superhuman bodies.

His average is hence HH to low Trans at best. In the dreams of his fans it might be higher. If you ask the majority of the Sentry fans they will agree I guess, there is your example of Argumentum Ad Populum. And for christs sake stop using this pseudo intellectual BS, it doesn't make your arguments appear smarter or more valid.

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2017 12:28 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
Your interpretation of contradictiing on panel facts (MM telling us blatantly with his alt persona that he wants to fail, and this "no no no, I didn't mean to (or I just tried)" is nothing new, it hardens the words of the beyoner personality) and you wanting me to prove a negative is all that is left it seems.

Honestly, I can understand the reasoning of almost any opinion, even Carvers from time to time, and where it comes from. Yours is just a single feat against a depowered being and all you have left for all his other showings, all his defeats, are excuses (they wanted to put him out of the story, he wanted to die, he was not aware how powerful he is that's why BM koed him blablabla.)

As it stands, Sentry has one good feat against a weakened opponent in a human body and a shit of lows against far far lesser beings in superhuman bodies.

His average is hence HH to low Trans at best. In the dreams of his fans it might be higher. If you ask the majority of the Sentry fans they will agree I guess, there is your example of Argumentum Ad Populum. And for christs sake stop using this pseudo intellectual BS, it doesn't make your arguments appear smarter or more valid.
thumb up owned

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2017 01:16 PM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

Molecule Man doesn't have alternate personaes.

Those beings he created where the manifestations of his delusions and the expression of his paranoia.

You are even confusing symptoms which doesn't exist with a context you are creating to suits your own narrative.

Molecule Man is defending his territory in Dinosaur, Colorado.

He doens't want to be found or lose.

The feats are here, the context is here: He kills /subdue/dominate everyone whom wants to interfere in his self-conservative process.

quote:

What did the giant worm besides swallowing him and carrying him away ?

Nothing.

Remenber needed to carry Sentry away to allow Thor and Wasp to fulfill their mission which failed in the end.

quote:
Honestly, I can understand the reasoning of almost any opinion, even Carvers from time to time, and where it comes from. Yours is just a single feat against a depowered being

That's not true actually.

A) MM was at full power.

B) I've told you that Sentry power was hyped for years in the purpose of showing that fight against Molecule Man.

Tony Stark already said that Sentry was capable to start a new House of M event on a simple whim during Civil War but you continue to ignore that because it doesn't fit your narrative.

You are making-up a reasoning, I'm coming with facts and they are even backed-up by Bendis in the interviews about his own work.

quote:
and all you have left for all his other showings, all his defeats, are excuses (they wanted to put him out of the story, he wanted to die, he was not aware how powerful he is that's why BM koed him blablabla.)

I am exposing the context.

This little paragraph shows that you chose willingly to ignore the context and that's not a valuable argument.

quote:
As it stands, Sentry has one good feat against a weakened opponent

A full powered Molecule Man.

I'm still waiting for you too to prove that Molecule Man was somehow weakened/depowered by showing a scan of Molecule Man saying that he cannot do something in Dark Avengers.

That should be easy because you are still adamant on your positions since we talked about it, right.

Please show me that scan.

quote:
in a human body

What ???

quote:
and a shit of lows against far far lesser beings in superhuman bodies.

You are making a gross oversimplification.

All of Molecule Man showings have context but that's easier for you to put everything in the same bag, right ?

quote:
His average is hence HH to low Trans at best. In the dreams of his fans it might be higher.

Argumentum Ex Culo. laughing out loud

quote:
If you ask the majority of the Sentry fans they will agree I guess, there is your example of Argumentum Ad Populum.

Yes, that's one more example of Argumentum Ad Populum.

quote:
And for christs sake stop using this pseudo intellectual BS, it doesn't make your arguments appear smarter or more valid.

Now that's just a meaningless opinion on my arguments. "Pseudo-intellectual BS".

My arguments are all in context and backed-up with the stories, and even more by the writers of the said stories.

I'm still waiting for you to show that scan of Molecule Man saying that he cannot manipulate X type of molecules or that he cannot do something or that he is somehow weakened or depowered. I will be waiting for long because, like your arguments, this scan doesn't exist.

Sincerely yours,

RealityWarper.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2017 01:35 PM
RealityWarper is currently offline Click here to Send RealityWarper a Private Message Find more posts by RealityWarper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Insane Titan
thumb up owned

Another worthless post...

Do you want a hug or something ? laughing out loud

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2017 01:40 PM
RealityWarper is currently offline Click here to Send RealityWarper a Private Message Find more posts by RealityWarper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

Originally posted by RealityWarper
Another worthless post...

Do you want a hug or something ? laughing out loud
as usual you avoided my post shutting your bullshit down.

You’re just a lying troll.

DS can’t even over power a worm

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2017 01:50 PM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

MM’s own words, mental state and actions prove he was weak. He couldn’t even beat Sentry a guy the human torch pwns..or Thor with a tiny amp kills...a holding back Hulk burns him out.

He can’t even over power a worm laughing out loud

Lmao it was his own power as stated in the story. The witches of infinity even say you go into the god quarry in the search to regain your own power you lose, phucking noob laughing out loud

Yeah Thanos searched for his original power but he got a lot more than that.

The God Quarry is the repository of the power of all Old Gods and Thanos obtained him.

His original power isn't even close to the one of a weak host for the Phoenix. laughing out loud

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2017 01:59 PM
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

Here I repost:

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2017 02:01 PM
Insane Titan

Haha my god you’re dumb he regained his power from the quarry.He was classed as a god, hence why he had god cancer. You posted a single scan trying to make it look otherwise doesn’t override the on panel facts stating it was his power.

Again sand worm laughing out loud or even a slightly amped Thor killing him.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2017 02:15 PM
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

Haha my god you’re dumb he regained his power from the quarry.He was classed as a god, hence why he had god cancer. You posted a single scan trying to make it look otherwise doesn’t override the on panel facts stating it was his power.

Again sand worm laughing out loud or even a slightly amped Thor killing him.

*sigh*

Poor bait.

Your wild fantasy is disproven by the scan on panel so it doesn't matter what you want to believe.

For the rest this has been adressed many times and you are wrong about it.

So do you want a hug or something ?

I see that you are trying to have my attention with your poor baseless comments. laughing out loud

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2017 02:22 PM
Insane Titan

*sigh*

Poor bait.

Your wild fantasy is disproven by the scan on panel so it doesn't matter what you want to believe.

For the rest this has been adressed many times and you are wrong about it.

So do you want a hug or something ?

I see that you are trying to have my attention with your poor baseless comments. laughing out loud
so nothing again other than ignoring on panel proof laughing out loud.

You can even read your own scan correctly, it says the quarry is the place of gods power and they can’t simply give it back. Thanos even says he came for HIS power.

Piss poor pseudo intellectual wanna be.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2017 02:32 PM
Enzeru

Originally posted by abhilegend

If you are so sure that it was matter manipulation, it must be mentioned somewhere, right?
But no, it doesn't explains everything in his history. It made his already messy origin even messier.

[...]

Could you show us where it was stated that everywhere else it was matter manipulation?

http://i.imgur.com/T15c2UM.jpg

"I control the molecules of my world. That's how I do what I do. I never knew that. How could I? No one could. Not Reed Richards. Not Tony Stark."

^ Sentry himself tells you, that whatever he does comes from him controlling molecules. Him teleporting? Molecule manipulation. Him resurrecting the dead? Molecule manipulation. That comic retconned his beforehand vague and unexplained power set.
So your entire issue with Sentrys power set is explained to you by the character himself.

It was a powerset retcon.

A good example for you would be Superman in the DC Cinematic Universe. When we saw him and Zod fly, you could see dust hovering around them. So the movies indicated mental powers / telekinesis. The most powerful telekinesis users in comics can even move molecules and with such an ability it would be easy for Man of Steel Superman to fly, have super strength, super durability and even shoot laser beams out of his eyes (by accelerating the molecules to heaten them up) or use freeze breath (by slowing molecules down).
So that way Man of Steel Superman doesn't have just random ass powers. It's actually explained.

For the Sentry it's explained as well now: molecule manipulation.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2017 02:56 PM
Enzeru is currently offline Click here to Send Enzeru a Private Message Find more posts by Enzeru Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enzeru

How? Sentry can be killed by the likes of Thor, koed by Blue Marvel, a Fyling ship or a Giant Worm... Meanwhile Thanos smiles while tanking the freaking PF face on... This is no contest. DS Sentry may be Trans but Thanos is right now higher. PF Thane is Abstract. And contrary to a human being like MM, who can be koed by Captain America if taken by surprise btw, who was weakened the PF is not going to be treated so lightly, it will be physical and there Sentry stands not a prayer of a chance, this is not Hulk...

"Hey guys, it's me: Prof. T.C. McAbe! Let's battle board a little bit! My character wins, because here are all the low showings for your character and here is one, single, over the top showing for my character. Obviously my character is much more powerful than yours, because your character got knocked out by a deer!"

Come on now.

Thanos has been bloodied up by Namor, someone who didn't land a single punch on the Sentry during the Dark Avengers + X-Men crossover.
Thanos been bloodied up by the Avengers, characters the Sentry can easily snap in half.
Thanos needed tech to destroy the Earth, something the Sentry can do while holding back.

You don't argue fights by focusing on the low showings of one character and the highest showings of the other character. That's called being biased. And being biased ruins the fun immediately.

Also Reed Richards put Sentry and the Phoenix Force on equal footings, when it comes to the danger, when they attack. Sentry would punch Thanos into oblivion.

Well, I go by facts and logic.

Where is that said logic?

Sentry manipulated the molecules of a human body

No. Sentry manipulated the molecules of THE Molecule Man, who was actively trying to fight back, but couldn't. Human durability has nothing to do with it, especially if a molecule manipulator can easily increase their own durability.

Look at Silver Surfer facing Molecule Man. A weaker Molecule Man version even. Silver Surfer also has the ability to manipulate molecules, but he got utterly stomped by Molecule Man. Again, a weaker version.

the comic shows that he wanted to be found and to be stopped. It's blatantly written on panel, no room to interprete something else imho.[/b]

No. You're pulling a Galan007 and Mr. Master here and rephrasing 1/4 of the stuff, that has been said in the comics, while ignoring the other 3/4. Why? Because it suits your argument.

Yeah, one of Molecule Mans illusions said, that Molecule Man wanted to be found and lose. But at the same time other illusions said plenty of other stuff, which didn't matter in the end.
Yet for some reason you choose to go with the one thing, that suits your argument, even though it holds no more value than the other imaginary stuff does. Why? Because it suits your argument.

When an even more powerful DS Sentry faced Thor he didn't went MM on him, why not? Obviously he couldn't.

Did you even read the comic? Sentry made it pretty clear, that he didn't want to kill Thor. He was holding back the entire time. The moment he had enough, he KOed Thor with one punch and attempted to ... guess what? ... GO MM on him. We saw his tendrils of darkness approaching Thor, but then he got removed from the battlefield.

A simple Sand Worm defeated him. If he would be truly as powerful as MM in the body of someone who is near Hulks equal, he would have been out there instantly, desintergrating Thor and the Worm with a though

No. A simple Sand Worm served as a plot device and removed him from the battlefield. Remender had written himself into a corner with the Sentry, just like writers of other powerful characters had done so before.
And unfortunately for the Sentry in the comics and in this debate with you, Remender is not the best person, when it comes to avoiding easy-plot-device-way-outs.

Sentry looked at the Sand Worm and said "Oh". And then he got removed from the fight.
Yet in Remenders own comics with Sentry, we've seen Sentry travel hundreds of kilometers before Wolverine could say a single word. We've seen Sentry travel many, many miles, before Punisher could finish thinking a single word. Yet now all of a sudden he can't fly away from a Sand Worm attacking him? Give me a break.

Also the character can teleport.
But I think you know all of that. You either stick with your opinion just to troll RealityWarper, or because you're ignorant.

also while helping Rouge to stopp the Celestial, why not simply go MM on him?

Uhm... Because Sentry is not as stupid as you think he is and knows, that by killing a Celestial he would doom the entire planet? You know, because the wrath of the Celestials would be mighty at that point. That's also what the character himself told you, yet you choose to ignore it.

And that is if the Sentry even has the needed power to kill someone like Exitar on a molecular level? If not, then his only other option was to use his strength and stop his descent, while the Avengers figure out something else.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2017 03:15 PM
Enzeru is currently offline Click here to Send Enzeru a Private Message Find more posts by Enzeru Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

so nothing again other than ignoring on panel proof laughing out loud.

You can even read your own scan correctly, it says the quarry is the place of gods power and they can’t simply give it back. Thanos even says he came for HIS power.

Piss poor pseudo intellectual wanna be.

If you read the scan correctly you get that:

A) The God Carry only posses the power of all the Old Gods, not Thanos.

B) Thanos wanted to be back at full power to fight Thane. He got more than that because the God Quarry delivered him all the power of all the Old Gods and he got more than his original power.

C) Thanos got bitchstomped by the LAPD and humiliated by a Kid. so he is clearly a weakling.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2017 08:51 PM
Insane Titan

If you read the scan correctly you get that:

A) The God Carry only posses the power of all the Old Gods, not Thanos.

B) Thanos wanted to be back at full power to fight Thane. He got more than that because the God Quarry delivered him all the power of all the Old Gods and he got more than his original power.

C) Thanos got bitchstomped by the LAPD and humiliated by a Kid. so he is clearly a weakling.

it has his power to , it even says so in the story ffs.

More bullshit made up by you in desperation. The story says nothing about him gaining extra power only the power he lost.

Clear sign you’ve been beat , having to use a non canon story to try and save face. laughing out loud noob.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2017 09:43 PM
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

it has his power to , it even says so in the story ffs.

More bullshit made up by you in desperation. The story says nothing about him gaining extra power only the power he lost.

Clear sign you’ve been beat , having to use a non canon story to try and save face. laughing out loud noob.

It is said twice in the summary of Thanos #11 & #12 that Thanos claimed enough power to beat a Thane amped by the Phoenix Force plus the scan that I've already makes it 3 instances that proves you wrong.

The story with Spider-man is canon by the way. smile

Oh ! And Thanos lost to Squirrel Girl ! wink

You are worse than a noob ! You can't read and understand what is crystal clear on panel ! laughing out loud

PS: Thanos was ass-kicked by GROOT ! XD

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2017 09:53 PM
DarkSaint85

*sigh* Quan Prime would never have allowed you to live lol

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2017 10:19 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

It is said twice in the summary of Thanos #11 & #12 that Thanos claimed enough power to beat a Thane amped by the Phoenix Force plus the scan that I've already makes it 3 instances that proves you wrong.

The story with Spider-man is canon by the way. smile

Oh ! And Thanos lost to Squirrel Girl ! wink

You are worse than a noob ! You can't read and understand what is crystal clear on panel ! laughing out loud

PS: Thanos was ass-kicked by GROOT ! XD
haha you still can’t read and posting a synopsis proves nothing. You just simply ignore all the panel proof stating it’s his power he went to regain. Not once is it said he gained all the power from the other gods. He gained enough to because it was his own, Lemaire states he believes Thanos to be one of the most powerful villains in marvel.

laughing out loud what a sad troll. The Spider-Man story was published by a electricity company as promotion.

Squirrel girl who’s unbeaten>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>sand worm.

More lies. Groot has never beat Thanos , all he’s done is punch him with no real harm. If you actually knew your stuff you know a very weak ko’d Groot with a punch in Imperative:Ignition.

Here’s your big chance, let’s see proof that Thanos gained all the power from the god quarry.

Sentry can’t even handle Hercules or Blue Marvel

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2017 10:31 PM
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

Poor IT, his comments are just insane...

It's like talking to a brick wall that will answer "NO" no matter how many proofs are posted...

You are on ignore.

When the story tells that Thanos claimed the power of the God Carry to have a chance to beat a Phoenix-powered Thane that's what happened...

Nobody cares about your meaningless opinion IT. Go troll somewhere else. I will not even bother reading your next useless comments. laughing out loud

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2017 10:51 PM
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thanos can't even fight a weakened version of the Beyonder without shitting his pants, knowing that if his vessel is destroyed and the true Beyonder released, he will kill Thanos effortlessly...

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2017 10:58 PM
tkitna

I'm a Sentry fan as everybody knows, but my opinion of the character is this-

I agree that Own was depowered. Compared to the Owen that was snapping his fingers and repairing universes while having a casual conversation with the Beyonder,,,,,,,way depowered. I don't think theres any question about that and never was on the side that it was a fully powered MM. The feat was still pretty beastly though from Sentry. So beastly that most comic characters have no business even getting in the ring with him.

The sand worm is what it is. The creature definitely detained Dsentry in the story. Anti Sentry fans love to bring it up as a horrible showing for him and they have the right to do so I suppose, but if the creature could restrain Dsentry, how bad would other characters fare against it?

I cant get behind the lowballing of Thor killing Sentry though. Bob did in fact allow that to happen.

Just 2 cents from a Sentry fan.

By Stoic

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2017 01:27 AM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote