KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » I have NEVER EVER directly read a comic book from start to finish.

I have NEVER EVER directly read a comic book from start to finish.
Started by: lupacexi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
lupacexi

I have NEVER EVER directly read a comic book from start to finish.

As I said, I have read some Manga from start to finish, but no star wars, no marvel, no DC, no nothing. I have read portions, but I almost always have based my arguments within comics with their TAS/Cartoon Counterparts. For that apologize, don't get me wrong, I have seen countless scans and read big portions of comic books, but never beyond that extent, as I have just found out, TAS almost 100% of the time isn't canon.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 05:03 PM
lupacexi is currently offline Click here to Send lupacexi a Private Message Find more posts by lupacexi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

...who are you?

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 05:04 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Foxsteak
Restricted

Account Restricted

Only comic book I ready all the way through was Flash issue #1

I feel I was born in the wrong generation.

InfoBoards: 1 millionth post game regains popularity! . Stockholm syndrome has spread throughout KMC . Surtur reports a "change" in the forum . Super Noodles Vitality only £1.00 . AAAARGH!

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 05:23 PM
Foxsteak is currently offline Click here to Send Foxsteak a Private Message Find more posts by Foxsteak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nuke Nixon
One Shot, One Kill

Hans, get the flammenwerfer!

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 06:49 PM
Nuke Nixon is currently offline Click here to Send Nuke Nixon a Private Message Find more posts by Nuke Nixon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

This thread just goes to show that Manga isn't really Literature.

Or we could make the joke that reading a Manga is more like reading a book Finish to Start...

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 09:33 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

To be fair, at least manga doesn't have fifty different writers that much everything up constantly. There's not a lot of consistency from what I have read in the VS forums. For every awesome thing that a character does, another writer will show that same character getting wrecked by a chump.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 09:36 PM
socool8520 is currently offline Click here to Send socool8520 a Private Message Find more posts by socool8520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

That is true, but then some Manga characters don't have the same probs as U.S comic characters....just as being around nearly a 100 years and being run by dillweeds like Marvel and DC.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 09:54 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

^ Exactly. The creator starts and finishes the story and it's over.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 10:05 PM
socool8520 is currently offline Click here to Send socool8520 a Private Message Find more posts by socool8520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote