KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Kenobi and Skywalker VS Bane and Zannah

Kenobi and Skywalker VS Bane and Zannah
Started by: TheNuisanceBird

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cs_zoltan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by MythLord
Anakin needs a better teammate

For what?

"You presume limits to our double standards. There are none." - Vitidiots

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 09:06 AM
Click here to Send cs_zoltan a Private Message Find more posts by cs_zoltan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
So, how that works:

Legends has established since the Jedi Academy books that a Force-user can't just go searching through another's deep fears, emotions, and experiences without resistance. All Force-user's have a Force shield guarding their mind that protects them from said probing. This Force shield, as Luke learned when he tried to probe Kyp Durron and was was hurled across a room, is a reflection of their full potential. So, in the case of Zannah, she will be unable to capitalize on any of Anakin's true emotional demons, since there is no way in hell she will be capable of overcoming that Force shield. Further, if she tries, she might be instantly destroyed, considering how ****ed up Luke got simply trying to gauge Durron's power. Could Zannah still use Anakin's surface thoughts against him? Sure, but post-mid Invisible Hand fight, there's nothing to even use against Anakin. So, yeah, Zannah's sorcery would be entirely ineffective against someone like Anakin.

Isn't Zannah's sorcery explicitly different from this rule? This isn't just generic telepathy, that was made blatantly obvious in Rule of Two.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 11:32 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

I just don't think it came into play since she's dealing with characters less powerful than herself.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 01:17 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Will need to watch

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 01:37 PM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheNuisanceBird
Wrecker - Scientist Class

I just don't think it came into play since she's dealing with characters less powerful than herself.

I agree with Antoine on Anakin > Bane in physicality. However, I'd say it's due to Anakin's strength and speed rather than just saying it's his youth although it helps.

"Dooku is not top tier,-" - Jensaarai1.

YouTube Channel With VS Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbhNQdtnbLQf80P-91V917w
IG: red_spade_25
Twitter: @AnikenJonas

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 08:27 PM
Click here to Send TheNuisanceBird a Private Message Find more posts by TheNuisanceBird Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKBart
Restricted

Account Restricted

Strength displayed by Anakin surpasses the perfect, human peak 25-year old many, many times lol. Age plays pathetically small role here.

They are angry because they have been forced to recognize that their hour has arrived; that the time has come to surrender power to Shimrra and the new order."

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 08:29 PM
Click here to Send JKBart a Private Message Find more posts by JKBart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Anakin's the physically strongest human in Star Wars.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 08:34 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheNuisanceBird

Trying to think of a time where Grandmaster Luke used physical augmentation for his strength.....

YouTube Channel With VS Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbhNQdtnbLQf80P-91V917w

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 08:41 PM
Click here to Send TheNuisanceBird a Private Message Find more posts by TheNuisanceBird Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Nothing comparable to nearly killing Dooku in three strikes by sheer physical dominance.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 08:43 PM
godemperortrump
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nothing comparable to nearly killing Dooku in three strikes by sheer physical dominance.

Savage sending Dooku flying across the room twice with a lightsaber clash proves that Anakin isn't the only one

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 09:21 PM
Click here to Send godemperortrump a Private Message Find more posts by godemperortrump Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Savage used TK to do that, rofl.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 09:27 PM
Ursumeles
Traitor

I mean, except for entities, who is stronger anyway?

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 09:32 PM
Click here to Send Ursumeles a Private Message Find more posts by Ursumeles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

I put "human" in case Zenwolf mentions the Zillo Beast or something.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 09:34 PM
Ursumeles
Traitor

lmfao

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 09:44 PM
Click here to Send Ursumeles a Private Message Find more posts by Ursumeles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raptor22

So, how that works:

Legends has established since the Jedi Academy books that a Force-user can't just go searching through another's deep fears, emotions, and experiences without resistance. All Force-user's have a Force shield guarding their mind that protects them from said probing. This Force shield, as Luke learned when he tried to probe Kyp Durron and was was hurled across a room, is a reflection of their full potential. So, in the case of Zannah, she will be unable to capitalize on any of Anakin's true emotional demons, since there is no way in hell she will be capable of overcoming that Force shield. Further, if she tries, she might be instantly destroyed, considering how ****ed up Luke got simply trying to gauge Durron's power. Could Zannah still use Anakin's surface thoughts against him? Sure, but post-mid Invisible Hand fight, there's nothing to even use against Anakin. So, yeah, Zannah's sorcery would be entirely ineffective against someone like Anakin.
is that something that's an established rule tho? I feel like too many force users have been probed, had their thoughts read or straight up mind whammied with no backlash for it to be established. The kyp scene seems like more of the exception than the rule.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2017 03:47 PM
Click here to Send Raptor22 a Private Message Find more posts by Raptor22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheNuisanceBird

Savage used TK to do that, rofl.

I think he meant the time Savage disarmed Dooku and sent him flying back against a wall with a saberstaff strike.

https://youtu.be/7s3x8ox2ToE?t=1m19s

Savage isn't human though.

Wouldn't put this past ROTS Anakin considering how he floors Mace during both a bladelock and their duel in the ROTS videogame.

Nick Gillard and Hayden worked on the game a lot and I think I saved the quote of Gillard basically saying how Anakin VS Mace in the game is what would likely happen.

EDIT:

Wait here it is:

"On a movie, obviously I have a script. I know the story of the movie. I know how the characters are feeling, why they're fighting, where they've got to go. I think it's going to be pretty much the same on this game. The sets are all the same. The characters are the same. I'm going to take the same approach-I'm just going to get it much more detailed because it's much tighter than it is on the movie, and there's so much more time with the game."

^ All I'm missing is where it's from. Saved the quote from Ant although I trust him.

Last edited by TheNuisanceBird on Nov 1st, 2017 at 07:27 PM

Old Post Nov 1st, 2017 07:21 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by Raptor22
is that something that's an established rule tho? I feel like too many force users have been probed, had their thoughts read or straight up mind whammied with no backlash for it to be established. The kyp scene seems like more of the exception than the rule.

Almost all instances can be reconciled / explained, I imagine.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2017 07:25 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by TheNuisanceBird
I think he meant the time Savage disarmed Dooku and sent him flying back against a wall with a saberstaff strike.

https://youtu.be/7s3x8ox2ToE?t=1m19s

No, that's telekinesis.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2017 07:25 PM
TheNuisanceBird

No, that's telekinesis.

Really? I wouldn't be able to tell because of the close ups.

Lol About Dooku getting disarmed, reminds me of Dark Disciple when Vos casually disarms Dooku with telekinesis.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2017 07:29 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by TheNuisanceBird
Really? I wouldn't be able to tell because of the close ups.

Lol About Dooku getting disarmed, reminds me of Dark Disciple when Vos casually disarms Dooku with telekinesis.

The angle at which Savage strikes makes it extremely unlikely for it to be because of his lightsaber, especially considering the way Dooku flies as if he's just been Force pushed:

1. https://i.imgur.com/kUuSCx7.png
2. https://i.imgur.com/IlDJfAn.png
3. https://i.imgur.com/trUVtkp.png

Dooku seems to be gaining ground in the air, or at least maintaining it, despite the angle Opress striking it being directed quite downwards. It doesn't match up. The main indicator it being telekinesis, though, is the sound effect accompanying it, which is totally different to two lightsabers clashing, but rather is similar to one of the sound effects used for Force push:

a. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDTDCRmYM9Q&t=3m32s
b. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKr...Os&t=22m49s
c. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKr...Os&t=26m58s
d. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDTDCRmYM9Q&t=0m54s

The sound effect is overlapped with two lightsabers colliding, hence why it's hard to tell, since both happen simultaneously.

But, overall, it makes more sense than Savage doing something like this and never again showing such level of physical strength.

Compared to Savage utilizing telekinesis in conjecture with his Force attacks, which he consistently does throughout the fight.

Last edited by Jaggarath on Nov 1st, 2017 at 07:46 PM

Old Post Nov 1st, 2017 07:43 PM