KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » New York Attack-6 Dead

New York Attack-6 Dead
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (14): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Raisen
why are people quickly bringing up vegas shootings regarding this ter ror shiit?

Because they're related?

Old Post Nov 1st, 2017 10:47 AM
Rockydonovang is currently offline Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

Originally posted by Beniboybling
On topic, why is it that these people are able to acquire rented vans and trucks so easily? Tougher restrictions are needed, me thinks.

What do you suggest? It's a vehicle. Why would it be hard to obtain one?

Old Post Nov 1st, 2017 11:59 AM
socool8520 is currently offline Click here to Send socool8520 a Private Message Find more posts by socool8520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ursumeles
Traitor

Considering that it's Beni, I guess he's joking.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2017 12:02 PM
Ursumeles is currently offline Click here to Send Ursumeles a Private Message Find more posts by Ursumeles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

It just goes to show that no matter what the weapon, a psycho is going to be a psycho.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2017 12:04 PM
socool8520 is currently offline Click here to Send socool8520 a Private Message Find more posts by socool8520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

I wasn’t joking.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2017 12:10 PM
Beniboybling is currently offline Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

^ Cool, but outside of having a valid license, what else should be needed?

Old Post Nov 1st, 2017 12:11 PM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Background checks, a business account, delays on how quickly your able to aquire the vehicle in increments based on size?

In short, make it very difficult with for someone with no credentials to aquire a heavy duty vehicle and mow people down with it on short notice, if not at all.

Psychos will always exist yes, but if you can restrict their means they become impotent.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2017 12:23 PM
Beniboybling is currently offline Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

Then they just get a U-Haul truck or something. Or they buy a shit F-250 and plow people down. I see what you're seeing, and I'm not even against it, but these shitbags are going to commit these acts of terror regardless of what we do.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2017 12:28 PM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

True, I believe what the guy rented was a non-commercial vehicle, which is more difficult to regulate, but even the a through background check could turn something up.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2017 12:44 PM
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

It doesn't say whether he had a record or not.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2017 12:54 PM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

A thorough background check would involved more than checking if you have a criminal record, yeah.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2017 01:15 PM
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

I mean, you can't profile him for being from another country and such. They aren't sure if he has actual ties to a terrorist organization or not so it probably wouldn't show up on a background check.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2017 01:18 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
Because they're related?

What relation does an attack with a truck in NYC have with a shooting in Las Vegas? Why are they related?

why are people quickly bringing up vegas shootings regarding this ter ror shiit?

It's mind boggling, these same people whine if you dare to bring up Antifa or some shit when it's a white supremacist, but they bring up Vegas at the frickin speed of light once it's a Muslim lol.

Vegas has NO more relation to NYC than Vegas has to 9/11. We both know an utter fit would have been thrown if I went into the Las Vegas thread with "at least thousands aren't dead like in 9/11". But they do it and they feed us the most asinine excuses as to why it's different lol.

Last edited by Surtur on Nov 1st, 2017 at 01:36 PM

Old Post Nov 1st, 2017 01:30 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Originally posted by socool8520
I mean, you can't profile him for being from another country and such. They aren't sure if he has actual ties to a terrorist organization or not so it probably wouldn't show up on a background check.
Yeah again it should by broader than just criminal profiling, if someone is attempting to hire a heavy duty vehicle with a purpose they have no intention of using it for, but in fact to committ terroism, they are potentially a number of suspicious anomalies that could be flagged if you know what to look for.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2017 01:37 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Because they're both terror attacks committed by madmen?

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Nov 1st, 2017 06:07 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
Because they're both terror attacks committed by madmen?

How would you have reacted if I brought up 9/11 in the Las Vegas thread, and said what you said?

Old Post Nov 1st, 2017 06:59 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

How did I react in your imagination? Cos imaginary scenarios > reality, according to your silly rules

Old Post Nov 1st, 2017 07:15 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

We both know you'd say something lol.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2017 07:21 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

"Say something" is rather vague, sure, I possibly would have responded in some fashion. Would I have flipped out like you did here? Nope.

But there's a thread about the LV shooting, so...

Old Post Nov 1st, 2017 07:22 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
"Say something" is rather vague, sure, I possibly would have responded in some fashion. Would I have flipped out like you did here? Nope.

But there's a thread about the LV shooting, so...

You would have called me out for it if you responded at all. We both know that. It's okay if you want to pretend otherwise. There is a LV thread, so why;d you bring it up here?

By this logic any attack is fair game to bring up whenever any other attacks happen. Okie dokie, that's what we'll do.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2017 07:30 PM