KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Britain. Russia Interfered with your BREXIT!?

Britain. Russia Interfered with your BREXIT!?
Started by: Flyattractor

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
Are we pretending again that Russia (through mostly propaganda) doing its shenanigans in our 2016 election is "fakenews"?

Nobody said that. Also there is a difference between Russia attempting to infliuence the election via propaganda and blaming Russia for the result of the election.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2017 09:08 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

#strawman. keep trying to pretend-erase the fact that russia meddled in out elections and misrepresenting the point, squirt.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2017 09:09 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Foxsteak
Restricted

Account Restricted

The meddling being, paying for Facebook ads?

InfoBoards: 1 millionth post game regains popularity! . Stockholm syndrome has spread throughout KMC . Surtur reports a "change" in the forum . Super Noodles Vitality only £1.00 . AAAARGH!

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2017 09:10 PM
Foxsteak is currently offline Click here to Send Foxsteak a Private Message Find more posts by Foxsteak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snowdragon

So it's the FBI now...

FB= Facebook wink

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2017 09:11 PM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

that was one method, yes. i can see that you're trying to assert that it's somehow okay because rubles were exchanged, but it's not. thus the congressional hearings [or as you would call it "fake news" ]

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2017 09:12 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Foxsteak
Restricted

Account Restricted

There were more methods?! What were the other methods?

Can you name one FB(I) ad that was Russian influenced? Because I think the congressional hearings are more to do with whether or not any were Russian influenced......I may be wrong though.

InfoBoards: 1 millionth post game regains popularity! . Stockholm syndrome has spread throughout KMC . Surtur reports a "change" in the forum . Super Noodles Vitality only £1.00 . AAAARGH!

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2017 09:16 PM
Foxsteak is currently offline Click here to Send Foxsteak a Private Message Find more posts by Foxsteak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snowdragon

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
that was one method, yes. i can see that you're trying to assert that it's somehow okay because rubles were exchanged, but it's not. thus the congressional hearings [or as you would call it "fake news" ]

It's not fake news, it is however mislabeled.

I also want to add that I don't believe that FB didn't know or track the propoganda ads by Russia. Anyone that has advertised with them KNOWS that they track everything associated with accounts and clicking as well as ad creation and placement.

Last edited by snowdragon on Nov 2nd, 2017 at 09:20 PM

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2017 09:16 PM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

#strawman. keep trying to pretend-erase the fact that russia meddled in out elections and misrepresenting the point, squirt.

But I never said they didn't try to influence our election lol.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2017 09:17 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by snowdragon
FB= Facebook wink

My bad, read that wrong, been starring at a screen too much today.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2017 09:17 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Foxsteak
There were more methods?! What were the other methods?

Can you name one FB(I) ad that was Russian influenced? Because I think the congressional hearings are more to do with whether or not any were Russian influenced......I may be wrong though.

Yeah, I read that wrong. You're more vitriolic today than usual, are you sober and it's not intentional?

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2017 09:19 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

more "fake news" from "SJW MSM" newscorp:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/prosec...case-1509618203

quote:
U.S. Prosecutors Consider Charging Russian Officials in DNC Hacking Case

#Meddling

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2017 09:19 PM
Foxsteak
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think the thinking goes like this, I may be wrong, but I'll play along:

1. Russia paid for ads to help Trump and released emails that hurt Hillary's campaign
2. Russia has ties to Trump (not Uranium deals, that's Hillary--I mean, that's not important)
3. Must find evidence that Trump used Russian friends to help him win the election
4. This is unconstitutional because reasons
5. Impeach!
6. No more Trump, we were right, he was a loser after all!

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2017 09:20 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Okay Bash I repeat: what is being said is that they are not to blame for the result of the election. Or rather, that meddling isn't the same as being to blame for the result.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2017 09:21 PM
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

Ok. So to seriously approach the topic.

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if Russia interfered in Brexit. (But a clear proof would be great). So far we have speculation.

If this is the case, however, in my opinion the main reason would be that Russia is still (albeit somewhat diminished) global superpower and it always tries to posit itself as the key player in European (and World) politics.

They simply will play every card they can if they can get something out of that or any other critical socio-political occurance.

However, the same can easily be applied to other major global players like the US or China.

I would be wary of weaving a narrative of *bad Russians cheat the unsuspected masses of other countries* given that in this game there are essentially no good guys. They have the means to do it, the same with the US, the same with China.

BTW from the standpoint of the Russians, it is Americans who meddle in everything. From the standpont of the Chinease, it is Russians and Americans that always try to run everything and so on and so forth.

I realize this forum is very Anglo-centric, but be mindful of that too.

Last edited by Stigma on Nov 2nd, 2017 at 09:26 PM

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2017 09:21 PM
Stigma is currently offline Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

you are retorting an argument that nobody is asserting in order to avoid the point of russian meddling.
that's called "strawman", my little squirt.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2017 09:22 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

you are retorting an argument that nobody is asserting in order to avoid the point of russian meddling.
that's called "strawman", my little squirt.

I made a comment, Rob said are we pretending Russia didn't do that. I said no I am not, I explained what I meant. Then you came and also acted like I was pretending it didn't happen.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2017 09:23 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

you're peddling strawman drivel. nothing more.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2017 09:25 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Stigma
Ok. So to seriously approach the topic.

It wouldn't surprise me one bit of Russia interfered in Brexit. (But a clear proof would be great). So far we have sepculation.

If this is the case, however, in my opinion the main reason would be that Russia is still (albeit somewhat diminished) global superpower and it always tries to posit itself as the key player in European (and World) politics.

They simply will play every card they can if they can get something out of that or any other critical socio-political occurance.

However, the same can easily be applied to other major global players like the US or China. I would be wary of weaving a narrative of *bad Russians cheat the unsuspected masses of other countries* given that in this game there are essentially no good guys. They have the means to do it, the same with the US, the smae with China.

BTW from the standpoint of the Russians, it is Americans who meddle in everything. From the standpont of the Chinease, it is Russians and Americans that always try to run everything and so on and so forth.

I realize this forum is very Anglo-centric, but be mindful of that too.

America's right when it does it though stick out tongue

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2017 09:25 PM
Foxsteak
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Surtur
I made a comment, Rob said are we pretending Russia didn't do that. I said no I am not, I explained what I meant. Then you came and also acted like I was pretending it didn't happen.
I think he meant me, there. Not sure.

But yeah, so Russia influenced the outcome of the election. Bash, your post suggests that Russia did this to undermine our democracy? By convincing us to vote a certain way? Because Trump and Farage did more of an influence than Russia ever did.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2017 09:27 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

America's right when it does it though stick out tongue

Actually, no country is right when they do it.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2017 09:27 PM