KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » MCU most Powerful Hero

MCU most Powerful Hero
Started by: joesha28

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by joesha28
I did not say Thor is the strongest avenger as in if The focus is strength. Hulk is. But overall Power wise, Thor does beat Hulk, which is highlighted in the movie.
That can be interpreted in different ways. Thor didn't defeat the Hulk despite the lightning attacks. Hulk took the lightning like a champ. He's still the avengers powerhouse while Thor is their skilled warrior.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2017 01:03 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
joesha28
Asgard's Advocate

Originally posted by Mindship
Surfer when attached to his board should be a contender. Could be the MCU made him board-dependent because they needed to nerf him.

Surfer belongs to fox, not MCU.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2017 01:38 PM
joesha28 is currently offline Click here to Send joesha28 a Private Message Find more posts by joesha28 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
joesha28
Asgard's Advocate

Originally posted by quanchi112
That can be interpreted in different ways. Thor didn't defeat the Hulk despite the lightning attacks. Hulk took the lightning like a champ. He's still the avengers powerhouse while Thor is their skilled warrior.

I actually have that fight with me. A friend got it for me. After the hammer shot from Thor, Hulk was dazed. Even Grandmaster was like "What" . After the 1st charged punch, Hulk was pretty dizzy in getting up, it was slow-mo when he was falling from the punch. The Crowd started to root for Thor because He was winning. After that last charge punch from Thor to Hulk that caused megawave, Hulk again woke up pretty slow and it was Thor that was going for him. Hulk was not moving towards Thor but Thor was. If anyone going to watch the movie again pls verify this. Watch that last bit.
And Grandmaster wanted a fight with his champion Hulk winning and Thor dying but when he saw Thor taking his champ on for the ride, he was worried.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2017 01:49 PM
joesha28 is currently offline Click here to Send joesha28 a Private Message Find more posts by joesha28 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

That was like a newspaper pin up. We did not see the feat onscreen.

Ughh.... A newspaper header saying he stopped an earthquake by shifting a tectonic plate. It was mixed in with a bunch of other newspaper headers of his various deeds. Thus it was an actual occurence. Hence the newspaper recorded it.

It was not some loose metaphor by an ornery general. That being said the 30 megaton figure is actually believable considering thor took the explosion of Sokovia and survived.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2017 02:02 PM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

I actually have that fight with me. A friend got it for me. After the hammer shot from Thor, Hulk was dazed. Even Grandmaster was like "What" . After the 1st charged punch, Hulk was pretty dizzy in getting up, it was slow-mo when he was falling from the punch. The Crowd started to root for Thor because He was winning. After that last charge punch from Thor to Hulk that caused megawave, Hulk again woke up pretty slow and it was Thor that was going for him. Hulk was not moving towards Thor but Thor was. If anyone going to watch the movie again pls verify this. Watch that last bit.
And Grandmaster wanted a fight with his champion Hulk winning and Thor dying but when he saw Thor taking his champ on for the ride, he was worried.
I've seen it once last night and I'll be going again next week. Hulk took the best Thor had to offer and it's anyone's guess how the fight would have concluded. Hulk takes a licking but keeps on ticking. Thor is the skilled warrior while Hulk is the brute powerhouse. This fight did nothing but confirm what I already knew.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2017 02:45 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

I've seen it once last night and I'll be going again next week. Hulk took the best Thor had to offer and it's anyone's guess how the fight would have concluded. Hulk takes a licking but keeps on ticking. Thor is the skilled warrior while Hulk is the brute powerhouse. This fight did nothing but confirm what I already knew.

Agreed, it was inconclusive. The one thing I might mention is that Mjolnir was absent, which undoubtedly gives Thor other tactics to use, though it doesn't necessarily change the outcome.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2017 02:55 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
joesha28
Asgard's Advocate

So why was the Grandmaster worried?

The guys at Hulk message board are pissed which says alot btw.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2017 03:15 PM
Braniac 5.0
God of War

Thor had hulk down with his first serious strike

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2017 03:18 PM
Braniac 5.0 is currently offline Click here to Send Braniac 5.0 a Private Message Find more posts by Braniac 5.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

For me atm, I'd have to rank them:

Strange
Vision
Raiden Thor
Hulk
Scarlet Witch

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2017 03:27 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

The Hulk has been the Grandmasters champion for 2 years. In Sakaar time, that's what, like 5? He even bragged about having a special bond with him. Ironically they were never on screen together but its clear he knew the Hulk well.

Despite knowing the Hulk's combat capabilities probably better than anyone aside from Valkyrie, he was worried, nervous and decided he needed to intervene. Nuff said.

Lol, the best? Thor hit him once. If anyone showed impressive durability, it was Thor. Hulk followed his uppercut with a landing punch on Thor's face and he pounded on Thor heavy. Punch after punch including ground and pounds and Thor was completely unharmed.

Tbh, I didn't even think Thor could take such a savage uninterrupted beating from Hulk without a scratch.

As far as I'm concerned, Hulk vs Thor in hand to hand is a stalemate. Hulk is stronger but Thor is far more skilled and dominating in hand to hand when serious. And even when Hulk does get his strength advantage in an ideal situation (Pounding on Thor from above), he is as unlikely to knock out Thor with his fists as Thor is him (Non-Super Saiyan mode).

Last edited by Rage.Of.Olympus on Nov 3rd, 2017 at 03:49 PM

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2017 03:47 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

Without any external power up like a infinity stone, Raiden Thor is number 1

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2017 03:54 PM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

I haven't seen the movie yet but good point on the hulk fan reactions.

If what I read was right Thor looked clearly better regardless of the end result of their fight.

That and marvel on twitter seemed to imply Thor was the strongest avenger.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2017 10:33 PM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

The Starbrand.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2017 10:48 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Thor
Strange
Vision
Hulk
Scarlet Witch

In that order for now.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2017 11:11 PM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

I did not say Thor is the strongest avenger as in if The focus is strength. Hulk is. But overall Power wise, Thor does beat Hulk, which is highlighted in the movie.
Thor didn't beat Hulk. Thor hurts Hulk but he never bested him. Hulk is definitively the powerhouse of the team and this is proven by their fight.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2017 05:17 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
The Hulk has been the Grandmasters champion for 2 years. In Sakaar time, that's what, like 5? He even bragged about having a special bond with him. Ironically they were never on screen together but its clear he knew the Hulk well.

Despite knowing the Hulk's combat capabilities probably better than anyone aside from Valkyrie, he was worried, nervous and decided he needed to intervene. Nuff said.

Lol, the best? Thor hit him once. If anyone showed impressive durability, it was Thor. Hulk followed his uppercut with a landing punch on Thor's face and he pounded on Thor heavy. Punch after punch including ground and pounds and Thor was completely unharmed.
Thor showed impressive damage soak but he was harmed. He just countered. He was clearly hurt by the attacks but wasn't knocked out or defeated.
quote:

Tbh, I didn't even think Thor could take such a savage uninterrupted beating from Hulk without a scratch.

As far as I'm concerned, Hulk vs Thor in hand to hand is a stalemate. Hulk is stronger but Thor is far more skilled and dominating in hand to hand when serious. And even when Hulk does get his strength advantage in an ideal situation (Pounding on Thor from above), he is as unlikely to knock out Thor with his fists as Thor is him (Non-Super Saiyan mode). [/B]
That's how the fights go they don't take realistic damage in sprains, etc. when the fight is over both guys don't have to deal with concussions, etc. realism isn't involved in these universes for the most part.

Just because neither guy was ko'd that doesn't mean they can't be ko'd. Thor in his super saiyan mode didn't defeat the Hulk either. He wasn't ko'd and Thor was truly connected to his powers.

Hulk is the powerhouse of the team while Thor is the skilled warrior. Both brings different pluses to the table here.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2017 05:22 AM
quanchi112
Disney

The outcome was in doubt because Tgor was a peer to the Hulk. GM wasn't going to risk this. He's too much of a control freak to allow Thor the chance to defeat him. We can only speculate as to what what happen. We see the fight go back and forth multiple times already.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2017 05:24 AM
joesha28
Asgard's Advocate

As of now. The ranking goes

Dr Strange
Thor
Scarlet witch
Hulk
Vision

Old Post Nov 4th, 2017 03:09 PM
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Before Ragnarok, I thought Hulk was on par with Thor. After seeing how well Raidenson sans Mjolnir did against Hulk, I'd say Thor.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2017 03:20 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Thor showed impressive damage soak but he was harmed. He just countered. He was clearly hurt by the attacks but wasn't knocked out or defeated.

That's how the fights go they don't take realistic damage in sprains, etc. when the fight is over both guys don't have to deal with concussions, etc. realism isn't involved in these universes for the most part.

He bounced back from everything. He actually bounced back better than Hulk did.

What? Lmao. By that logic no durability feats count and we should ignore evidence of their respective stats. The biggest copout ever. Thor shows

Just because neither guy was ko'd that doesn't mean they can't be ko'd. Thor in his super saiyan mode didn't defeat the Hulk either. He wasn't ko'd and Thor was truly connected to his powers.

Hulk is the powerhouse of the team while Thor is the skilled warrior. Both brings different pluses to the table here.

Nah, after this fight, the odds of Hulk knocking Thor out in a battle? Well, we saw what it took, outside interference that completely incapacitates Thor. I.e.

Lol. Ya, Hulk is the power house of the team. That's what the movie intended to portray.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2017 03:38 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote