KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Superman by Rocksteady

Superman by Rocksteady
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Same could be said about Wolverine, But they found a way when they did the X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2018 06:21 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Ummm, no. Wolverine isn't in the same league.

Yes, he can't "die" from gunshots, electricity or being stabbed..but it would slow him down.

Superman is indestructible. Unless each area of the map is covered in kryponite and every single NPC has kryponite weapons....there isn't really much of a game if they follow the same formula.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2018 10:22 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smasandian
Ummm, no. Wolverine isn't in the same league.

Yes, he can't "die" from gunshots, electricity or being stabbed..but it would slow him down.

Superman is indestructible. Unless each area of the map is covered in kryponite and every single NPC has kryponite weapons....there isn't really much of a game if they follow the same formula.
In the first Superman movie, he was shot and it knocked him unconscious.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Jan 11th, 2018 06:21 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Changes would obviously have to be made. You can't make a stealth game starring Superman. You can make a perfectly good game with him, though. There are tons of ways to do so. Use his large rogues gallery that includes enemies that can use his weaknesses against him, and actually delve in to the universe some.

You could do Legion stuff, you could do what Superman Returns did and make parts of the game about protecting Metropolis and the people within it.

You could even do sections where he's Clark Kent tracking down a supervillain that can evade his senses by using investigative work in a similar way to the crime scene parts in the Arkham games.

It can be done, it just has to be done right.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 11th, 2018 07:06 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

It's going to take far more work though.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Jan 11th, 2018 07:22 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Jan 11th, 2018 11:36 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Adam Grimes
It's going to take far more work though.

Of course. I mean, there's tons of heroes that could use the Arkham system with some tweaks. For "herald" level heroes though? You'd have to change the mechanics big time. I just think it's worth doing, especially if we get Justice League or Avengers games out of it.

Or just release more MUA/MH/DCUO type games. They balanced it well enough.

Originally posted by Jmanghan

laughing out loud

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jan 11th, 2018 08:02 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

A new rumor regarding this game, This time from a anonymous 4chan poster

https://screenrant.com/rumor-rockst...me-arkhamverse/

Old Post May 7th, 2018 07:41 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Yeah whatculture did a video on it too. Hopefully it's true and E3 has the goods at the latest.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post May 7th, 2018 08:13 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I will be interesting to see how this turns out and it will be to nice to have a Rocksteady game with a different character universe.

However, after replaying Arkham Knight and enjoying it more the second time through, I'm kind of hoping for another Batman game.

Old Post May 8th, 2018 01:07 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

quote:
The poster claims that the game will be officially unveiled a couple of weeks before the gaming expo E3 (which takes place from June 12-14)

I hope its true. All the details there sounded great. At least we don't have long to wait until we find out.

PWNT

Old Post May 8th, 2018 04:05 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by Smasandian
I will be interesting to see how this turns out and it will be to nice to have a Rocksteady game with a different character universe.

However, after replaying Arkham Knight and enjoying it more the second time through, I'm kind of hoping for another Batman game.

Glad you enjoyed it more that way, but getting 100% on Arkham Knight did very little to redeem its already existing problems for me, so I still say **** no to them doing another Batman game at this time.

Old Post May 8th, 2018 04:49 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

I feel like they'd learn from their mistakes. I'm of the opinion that Arkham Knight was the worst of the Arkham games (including Origins) though it had the second best story. The overreliance on the batmobile and the disservice to Deathstroke are what killed it for me more than anything.

I'm just not sure what they'd do. They already gave Bane, Ra's Al Ghul, Joker, and Scarecrow their own awesome and finished stories (Joker dead, Bane and Scarecrow are a shell of who they used to be, Ra's died but he could come back I suppose since his corpse was taken). The only villain Batman has left that can carry a story is Riddler IMO. Unfortunately, that would leave the other big villains out of the game and leave us with the B-D list. Plus, Bruce is now outed as Batman now so I'm not sure how he'd continue to fund his crusading.

I feel like Superman has more possibilities at this point. Plus, Brainiac is my favorite Supes villain so starting the series off with him would be pretty exiting.

PWNT

Old Post May 8th, 2018 05:20 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
emporerpants

I'm really hoping it's true. Supes has gotten the shaft in video games for too long.

Old Post May 8th, 2018 08:57 PM
emporerpants is currently offline Click here to Send emporerpants a Private Message Find more posts by emporerpants Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Flying through ring after ring.

#N64

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post May 8th, 2018 09:06 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

The combat, especially aerially, is going to be the hard part. I heard mention that his flight would be involved, so my guess is that his speed would be too, which would allow them to bring over at least some aspects of the Arkham combat too.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post May 8th, 2018 10:32 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Would be nice to have a good Superman video game iteration that didn't happen in a Batman game.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 8th, 2018 10:33 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

https://www.vg247.com/2018/11/28/su...ksteady-rumour/

This rumor just wont die, will it?

quote:
A page for a game called Superman: World’s Finest popped up on Game System Requirements, a site dedicated to listing PC minimum and recommended specs for games.

Spotted by ResetEra, the page appears to be a recent addition, and though it does not feature any meaningful information, it does list Rocksteady as a developer.

PWNT

Old Post Nov 28th, 2018 06:22 PM
Impediment
Endless

A Superman game would be awesome, but what kind of environments and villains would you create for an alien god?

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Nov 28th, 2018 08:11 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

With the game awards shit around the corner, guess it is that time of the year for the rumor mill.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2018 09:01 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote