KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Superman by Rocksteady

Superman by Rocksteady
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Well, they are clearly working on something. I still hope for a Batman game because I'm not convinced Superman would make for a good protagonist.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2018 09:26 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

A Superman game is going to be tough, for sure.

I'd be good with another Batman game, but I'd like one to take place within a Gotham that is actually not barren and abandoned. I'd like a Batman game with citizens walking around, with a day/night cycle, where you have to try and avoid being seen not just by enemies but by regular people.

There's also that long-standing rumor that they're working on a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle game, which could potentially be very cool.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2018 09:33 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Maybe....I'm not sure.

Could be neat but also a pain in the ****ing ass.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2018 10:16 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I first read this as "Superman vs Rocksteady" and then I read closer and my heart is f*cking broken now.

Last edited by Surtur on Nov 28th, 2018 at 11:36 PM

Old Post Nov 28th, 2018 11:34 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

laughing out loud

Didn't think it would still be argued otherwise, but a Superman game at this point would definitely be > a 5th Batman/Arkham game for me.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2018 04:50 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I understand the point but Superman doesn't seem to be a fun character to play as.

He is literally a perfect human with one weakness.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2018 09:50 PM
Arachnid1

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smasandian
I understand the point but Superman doesn't seem to be a fun character to play as.

Idk blasting around a city at mach 3, knocking Darkseid through a Skyscraper, or fighting a Kryptonian at super speed sounds pretty fun to me.

His villains level the playing field. It's not like we'll be exclusively fighting armed robbers.

PWNT

Old Post Nov 30th, 2018 12:42 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

But they are not going to do that. Or at least I would be surprised. It wouldn't be much of a game if you are just attacking major villains like Darkseid.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2018 12:58 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

#neverforget

I like Batman more than Spider-Man, but have no problem admitting Spidey's recent PS4 game blows any of the Arkham's out of the water mechanically. The speed at which you can websling across the city compared to Batman's grapple boost, etc... Makes me think how crazy it'd be with Superman's flight speed. I guess the challenge with a Superman game though would be making it more than just an arena fighter, awesome as knocking his rogue gallery though buildings and stuff would be.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2018 01:18 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime

#neverforget

Cool cut scene, but how TF would you play that?

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Nov 30th, 2018 01:52 AM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I've played every Superman game that has come out since the shitty N64 version. There was a shitty Superman game on xbox and then on xbox360 they had that game based on the "Superman Returns" movie. I played it, there was some cool stuff you can do in combat, but it was glitchy and just meh.

The best Superman game, IMO, is the one based on the animated series called "Shadow of Apokolips" on PS2 and Gamecube. It works because the animated version of Superman had his power levels toned down. So enemies with high tech weapons can harm him, etc. His health can regenerate though. There were some cool boss fights, like Parasite and Livewire.

Not the best game ever, but anyone who is a Superman fan should try to get a copy. Or if your PC is powerful enough you could download it and play it on an emulator. 5-6 years ago I ordered a copy off Amazon.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2018 03:31 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

https://twitter.com/Seftonhill/stat...614816514928641

Think it kills the rumor if someone at RockSteady says their game isn't Superman. Now this thread can finally be put to rest. Glad they told us ahead of time.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2018 10:23 PM
Arachnid1

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
https://twitter.com/Seftonhill/stat...614816514928641

Think it kills the rumor if someone at RockSteady says their game isn't Superman. Now this thread can finally be put to rest. Glad they told us ahead of time.
Would it have killed them to post that the first three times this rumor got traction?

PWNT

Old Post Dec 1st, 2018 12:05 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Surtur
I've played every Superman game that has come out since the shitty N64 version. There was a shitty Superman game on xbox and then on xbox360 they had that game based on the "Superman Returns" movie. I played it, there was some cool stuff you can do in combat, but it was glitchy and just meh.

The best Superman game, IMO, is the one based on the animated series called "Shadow of Apokolips" on PS2 and Gamecube. It works because the animated version of Superman had his power levels toned down. So enemies with high tech weapons can harm him, etc. His health can regenerate though. There were some cool boss fights, like Parasite and Livewire.

Not the best game ever, but anyone who is a Superman fan should try to get a copy. Or if your PC is powerful enough you could download it and play it on an emulator. 5-6 years ago I ordered a copy off Amazon.

Nah...the best Superman games are the Lego Batman games.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2018 02:41 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by Arachnid1
Would it have killed them to post that the first three times this rumor got traction?

Right? Well, better to learn about it now I guess than to be let down about it more later. I wanted Superman game to happen despite being highly skeptical on the rumor, but just hope RockSteady has some other good surprise in store, DC property or otherwise. Long as it isn't another Batman game it'll be fresh.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2018 06:48 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

It will be another Batman most likely.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2018 01:49 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Despite them saying Arkham Knight would be their last one? erm Yet another Batman by them just after would be forced af. Give me anything else.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2018 04:50 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Kazenji
Nah...the best Superman games are the Lego Batman games.

Meh haven't played much beyond Lego Star Wars and I didn't like it.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2018 06:12 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Smasandian

He's not human at all. He's also vulnerable to kryptonite yes, but it's not the *only* way to harm him. You have:

-red sun radiation
-magic
-powerful psionics
-advanced technology
-superhuman beings near or surpassing his level of strength

Obviously this means the main bad guys in the game should be a cult of superhumanly strong psionic wizards who wield red sun radiation swords created via advanced technology.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2018 06:18 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Hahaha.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2018 06:25 PM