KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Blue Marvel vs Wonder Woman

Blue Marvel vs Wonder Woman
Started by: Damborgson

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Stoic
Avenger

The impact still affected him. He was momentarily ko' d which made him perform poorly. You really seem to be going out of your way to make it seem as if Adams feat were all shams. Even going as far as to compare him to a character that has trouble taking down the Thing, and later taking down Rhino. It's more than obvious that Adam is an elite. Really wondering why the attempt is so strong to invalidate his feats?

Old Post Nov 7th, 2017 02:06 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Stoic
The impact still affected him. He was momentarily ko' d which made him perform poorly. You really seem to be going out of your way to make it seem as if Adams feat were all shams. Even going as far as to compare him to a character that has trouble taking down the Thing, and later taking down Rhino. It's more than obvious that Adam is an elite. Really wondering why the attempt is so strong to invalidate his feats?

Again show this happening to sentry in other instances

Right right I’m a hater. Let’s do a summary shall we. Please indicate what I said was false.

Did a weakened Sasquatch put King Hyperion to his knees with a single shot ? Yep
Did King Hyperion struggle/fail to stop the meteor from magneto? Yep
Does sentry have a prior established weakness to negative energy? Yep
Did writer confirm the negative energy was “screwing up” sentry powers? Yep
Was ultimate hulk altered by reed such as his memories were altered? Yep

Adam IS ELITE. But my god your bias is making you ignore serious context and ignoring on-panel statements and feats. You have shown this is not just this thread either erm

Old Post Nov 7th, 2017 02:27 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Also to add
- did we see BM beat Pagen and if he did how? Nope

But again what do i know I’m apparently a “hater” that doesn’t provide evidence. This is called a deflection tactic your trying

Last edited by -K-M- on Nov 7th, 2017 at 02:31 PM

Old Post Nov 7th, 2017 02:27 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

You've used a writer's perspective in an attempt to downplay every single feat that Adam has. At this point I'm surprised that you haven't stated that the meteorite the size of Arkansas wasn't any heavier than a hot water balloon, or tried to diminish the Ghost of the Shaper as being a mid meta peer. We don't have to agree on Pagan being beaten, but they would have never included it with his accomplishments if it were actually a fail. I'm your mind he didn't beat Pagan, while in mine he did, and I believe that I have more than enough evidence to justify my stance. Glad to see you're finally admitting that youre a hater. You ever take it into consideration that what one writer writes does not apply to what another writer writes? Whatever Sasquatch did under one writer doesn't invalidate another writer viewing that King Hyperion was an elite threat. We've seen it time and again to even greater extents like when Captain America or Spider Man beat up the Hulk off panel. Yet no one asked how he did it, simply that they did do it without question. Let's agree to disagree, because as it stands most of everything that you stated makes little to no sense unless we were trying place Adam squarely on Sasquatchs level. Something that I believe that you'd attempt without any sort of justification.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2017 04:39 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

@KM (I cant quote you for some strange reason)...

That's the thing. He didn't recover fast because the next time we see Sentry after the punch, he was damaged. Youre blaming it on the dive bomb but nothing points to that being the case.

You mention when have we saw Sentry rocked in two punches. Lol...thats the thing and the huge ft of the showing... we haven't seen him rocked in two punch but Adam was able to do it. This is impressive for BM, not a downer on Sentry.

Look at it like this...you seem to like Superman. Let's say if he rocked Darkseid in two punches; would you use it against Darkseid or use it as a ft for Superman. Think about it and be honest.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Last edited by carver9 on Nov 7th, 2017 at 05:05 PM

Old Post Nov 7th, 2017 05:01 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Originally posted by Stoic
You've used a writer's perspective in an attempt to downplay every single feat that Adam has. At this point I'm surprised that you haven't stated that the meteorite the size of Arkansas wasn't any heavier than a hot water balloon, or tried to diminish the Ghost of the Shaper as being a mid meta peer. We don't have to agree on Pagan being beaten, but they would have never included it with his accomplishments if it were actually a fail. I'm your mind he didn't beat Pagan, while in mine he did, and I believe that I have more than enough evidence to justify my stance. Glad to see you're finally admitting that youre a hater. You ever take it into consideration that what one writer writes does not apply to what another writer writes? Whatever Sasquatch did under one writer doesn't invalidate another writer viewing that King Hyperion was an elite threat. We've seen it time and again to even greater extents like when Captain America or Spider Man beat up the Hulk off panel. Yet no one asked how he did it, simply that they did do it without question. Let's agree to disagree, because as it stands most of everything that you stated makes little to no sense unless we were trying place Adam squarely on Sasquatchs level. Something that I believe that you'd attempt without any sort of justification.

Haha what? No I’m adding context for his showings. As I said tell me what I said was wrong. You’re still trying to deflect and 100% ignoring the point.

Where or where did I try to diminish the Arkansas feat? Hint I didn’t. Where did I try to diminish the shaper of world feat? Hint I didn’t. Have I said BM is elite here and other threads? You bet I have

I was referring to specific instances where your completely ignoring the context and taking them as face value when you can’t .

I shall repeat:
Let’s do a summary shall we. Please indicate what I said was false.

Did a weakened Sasquatch put King Hyperion to his knees with a single shot ? Yep
Did King Hyperion struggle/fail to stop the meteor from magneto? Yep
Does sentry have a prior established weakness to negative energy? Yep
Did writer confirm the negative energy was “screwing up” sentry powers? Yep
Was ultimate hulk altered by reed such as his memories were altered? Yep
did we see BM beat Pagen and if he did how? Nope
Did Namor and BM have a close fight where he said he got a lucky punch on Namor? Yep
Does he hit as hard as Thor and hulk? Yep

Your also choosing to just go by high showings ignoring the context and ignoring average showings of characters to support your faulty arguement. You have to take the high with the low and you can’t ignore context. But where or where did I say BM was weak?.....EVER. Hint...never. You’re clearly being to sensitive to your bias which was on display in other BM fights erm

ALL off-panel showings are suspect. That is commonly accepted on this board. We can’t make any assumptions when there is zero evidence to support it. To many unknowns. What you SHOULD have tried to argue was BM can hang with pagan. We don’t know th circumstances behind it so can’t say what happened as fact how it ended or the motivation between them

No I DO NOT think Sasquatch > blue marvel. Where the did you even get that? Blue marvel actually beat KH but the fact remains a weakened Sasquatch dropped KH (fact). Doesn’t mean Sasquatch would have won. Also lulz at the part of no justification. Im one of the members that probably posts the most amount of scans to support arguements. But hey nice deflection

Also Jesus me saying I was “hater” was clearly sarcasm erm I question your reading capabilities

Old Post Nov 7th, 2017 05:03 PM
carver9

@KM...

Stoic doesn't have to show you this happening to Sentry again. It doesn't need to be replicated. Adam did it and if anyone else wasn't able to achieve the same results, that isn't a knock against them or Sentry, it just tells you how powerful Blue Marvel punch is.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Nov 7th, 2017 05:04 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheHulkster

Here is the thing._ KG made that statement SEVEN YEARS after the issue in response to a suggestion and question on Twitter._ Nothing stated in the book nor within those seven years._ You can’t get much more of an obscure statement._ Even then, he downplays it by stating that it doesn’t weaken Sentry as Kryptonite weakens Superman, but just screws with his power._ So what does that mean?_ You’re attributing Sentry’s weakened/fatigued/groggy state to antimatter leakage whereas KG specifies that Kryptonite type weakening does not apply.

As someone stated, Sentry uses neither EP nor any type of esoteric power on Adam._ The two slug it out._ Nothing suggests that Sentry is physically weaker or less durable than normal and if his power is somewhat screwed with, that would have little or no application in pure fisticuffs.

From the standpoint of past continuity, Sentry does become weakened in Kryptonite style when he enters the Negative Zone._ That contradicts KG’s statement and historically, any being or object entering the Zone has its polarity automatically reversed in order to not be harmed._ So either Sentry is harmed by having his polarity reversed or his polarity doesn’t reverse when he enters the Zone._ If the former is the case, then this has no application in a situation where anti-matter is leaking into Earth._ If the latter is the case, then the other heroes should be affected just as much as Sentry since no one’s polarity is reversed due to antimatter leakage.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2017 05:08 PM
TheHulkster is currently offline Click here to Send TheHulkster a Private Message Find more posts by TheHulkster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Originally posted by carver9
@KM (I can quote you for some strange reason)...

That's the thing. He didn't recover fast because the next time we see Sentry after the punch, he was damaged. Youre blaming it on the dive bomb but nothing points to that being the case.

You mention when have we saw Sentry rocked in two punches. Lol...thats the thing and the huge ft of the showing... we haven't seen him rocked in two punch but Adam was able to do it. This is impressive for BM, not a downer on Sentry.

Look at it like this...you seem to like Superman. Let's say if he rocked Darkseid in two punches; would you use it against Darkseid or use it as a ft for Superman. Think about it and be honest.

Actually people here were saying it was the dive bomb originally. Also please show me instances of that happening to sentry elsewhere. We have prior continuity and writer confirmation negative energy messes with sentry. 100% explains the divebomb scene. Arguement is no longer factual on the opposing side and turned into nuh uh he wasn’t weakened.

Again writer has confirmed sentry powers were “screwed up” and have prior examples. What more do we really need? Good feat? Sure. But as amazing as people are trying to hype it too? No. Do we know how much sentry was weakened or messed up? No clue. Hence...questionable

Example doesn’t work. We saw sentry barely standing and struggling to speak after two hits. Based on their many other encounters it would be held with a grain of salt. Averages and all or look at the context behind scene. Which trying to do here

Old Post Nov 7th, 2017 05:10 PM
-K-M-

Originally posted by carver9
@KM...

Stoic doesn't have to show you this happening to Sentry again. It doesn't need to be replicated. Adam did it and if anyone else wasn't able to achieve the same results, that isn't a knock against them or Sentry, it just tells you how powerful Blue Marvel punch is.

Oh yes he does as how do you explain BM’s other feats? Why did maestro shrug of his hit like nothing then? How Did Namor do so well?

You guys are trying to put his stock much higher even though there was said context behind the feat

As I have said BM is elite. No question but some of these examples are neglecting some serious context behind in mostly due to bias for the character.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2017 05:13 PM
tkitna

Originally posted by celeyhyga17

As far as being weak to nzone "energy", that part has never really been established. It seemed more to do with his psyche. Void seemed to overtake his good half when in the negative zone. Maybe because the nzone was the inverse of the positive universe? Some symbolism in play maybe? Dunno.

Its been pretty detailed. Sentry didnt even know the Void was there, so I highly doubt is was his psyche.

(please log in to view the image)

By Stoic

Last edited by tkitna on Nov 7th, 2017 at 05:51 PM

Old Post Nov 7th, 2017 05:49 PM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

Sorry, forgot the scan with the Void

Its not 100% clear cut so I guess I will admit that it could be his psyche but it doesnt seem likely. Something about that energy screws with him. Anti-Man proved that when he and Sentry met up.

By Stoic

Last edited by tkitna on Nov 7th, 2017 at 05:58 PM

Old Post Nov 7th, 2017 05:53 PM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Keep in mind light sentry was weakening same form of sentry that was fighting BM

Exert from handbook “....perused the general into the negative zone where his
Solar based powers were weakened”

Last edited by -K-M- on Nov 7th, 2017 at 06:13 PM

Old Post Nov 7th, 2017 06:08 PM
Stoic
Avenger

Using Maestro as a means to gauge Adams power is poor at best. Old man Logan just ran him off. So it again comes down to writer perspective. Some writers will stand behind certain characters, while others will drag them through the mud. Same thing applies to King Hyperion. Regardless, you don't have to one shot Namor in order to be considered extremely powerful. Not even Thanos did this.

Originally posted by TheHulkster
Here is the thing._ KG made that statement SEVEN YEARS after the issue in response to a suggestion and question on Twitter._ Nothing stated in the book nor within those seven years._ You can’t get much more of an obscure statement._ Even then, he downplays it by stating that it doesn’t weaken Sentry as Kryptonite weakens Superman, but just screws with his power._ So what does that mean?_ You’re attributing Sentry’s weakened/fatigued/groggy state to antimatter leakage whereas KG specifies that Kryptonite type weakening does not apply.

As someone stated, Sentry uses neither EP nor any type of esoteric power on Adam._ The two slug it out._ Nothing suggests that Sentry is physically weaker or less durable than normal and if his power is somewhat screwed with, that would have little or no application in pure fisticuffs.

From the standpoint of past continuity, Sentry does become weakened in Kryptonite style when he enters the Negative Zone._ That contradicts KG’s statement and historically, any being or object entering the Zone has its polarity automatically reversed in order to not be harmed._ So either Sentry is harmed by having his polarity reversed or his polarity doesn’t reverse when he enters the Zone._ If the former is the case, then this has no application in a situation where anti-matter is leaking into Earth._ If the latter is the case, then the other heroes should be affected just as much as Sentry since no one’s polarity is reversed due to antimatter leakage.

Extremely valid points.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2017 07:21 PM
-K-M-

Again we use averages of character portrayals not just go by their high showings. We don’t go by just low showings anymore then going by their high showings. All showings are valid and if context is applicable factored in. You find a common ground and has been the case for years on this board (though there are some who don’t follow that)

Old Post Nov 7th, 2017 07:46 PM
-K-M-

On a side note is anyone else having troubles with the board. Can“t edit. Can“t quote and formatting on some of my text is going wonky (“lthink punctuations)

Old Post Nov 7th, 2017 07:50 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by -K-M-
On a side note is anyone else having troubles with the board. Can“t edit. Can“t quote and formatting on some of my text is going wonky (“lthink punctuations)

Clean your browser and restart it.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2017 07:55 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Clean your browser and restart it.

Been using phone past few days as laptop getting a tuneup

Old Post Nov 7th, 2017 07:57 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

You can do the same thing on your phone.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2017 07:58 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Yeah Did it and cleared history.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2017 07:59 PM