KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Question about Force Nexuses

Question about Force Nexuses
Started by: darthbane77

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
darthbane77

Question about Force Nexuses

Does a Force Nexus only amp or hinder the use of light side or Dark Side powers? Or does the amp/hindrance of the Jedi/Sith depend on their Force alignment?

Like, for example, to better explain, some people argue that Revan wasn't hindered on Dromund Kaas, due to him using both the light and dark sides, that the amp in his dark side power would allay the hindering of his light side powers. Is it as simple as that? Or would he (or any other Force user in a similar situation) be entirely amped or hindered dependent on the their overall Force alignment? Again, with the example of Revan, would his light side alignment mean that he was simply hindered and that's it?

Old Post Nov 4th, 2017 04:37 PM
Click here to Send darthbane77 a Private Message Find more posts by darthbane77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

I believe it depends on alignment. In the case of Revan, he mentioned how the dark side on Dromund Kaas obscures his Force Sense, which is a neutral Force power.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2017 04:59 PM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthbane77

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Azronger
I believe it depends on alignment. In the case of Revan, he mentioned how the dark side on Dromund Kaas obscures his Force Sense, which is a neutral Force power.

That's what I thought, but wasn't really sure.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2017 05:15 PM
Click here to Send darthbane77 a Private Message Find more posts by darthbane77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

My understanding is there's two different kinds of Force nexus'. The most common is a dark-side nexus, like Dromund Kaas, Lehon, Korriban, Star Forge, etc., which will amp dark-siders and hinder light-siders. The second is a general nexus, such as the one beneath the Jedi Temple or Mortis, where everyone is amped regardless of alignment.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Nov 4th, 2017 05:42 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
My understanding is there's two different kinds of Force nexus'. The most common is a dark-side nexus, like Dromund Kaas, Lehon, Korriban, Star Forge, etc., which will amp dark-siders and hinder light-siders. The second is a general nexus, such as the one beneath the Jedi Temple or Mortis, where everyone is amped regardless of alignment.
As shown in TFU Novel, however, an area can become light-side aligned and "stifle" the Dark Side, which is likely what the Jedi temple was.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2017 06:07 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Originally posted by DarthAnt66

Satele said in KotET that if light and dark exist in perfect balance, it creates a neutral Force nexus that amps everyone, and she listed Odessen and Zakuul as examples.

Where's it stated the nexus beneath the Jedi Temple amps everyone? It's a regular dark side nexus, no?

Also, pure light side nexi exist, too. The Plagueis novel explains the Jedi had turned the entire galaxy into one in the absence of an imminent Sith threat. The Jedi Temple itself is a light side nexus, too.

The Jedi Temple was the greatest nexus of Force energy within the Republic; its ziggurat design focused the Force the way a lightsaber's gemstone focused its energy stream. With the thousands of Jedi and Padawans within it every day contemplating peace, seeking knowledge, and meditating on justice and surrender to the will of the Force, the Temple was a fountain of the light

Revenge of the Sith novelization

Last edited by Azronger on Nov 4th, 2017 at 06:36 PM

Old Post Nov 4th, 2017 06:29 PM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

There are Darkside nexuses, general nexuses ( areas strong in the Force ) and lighside nexuses. Lightside and Darkside nexuses amp users of their respective alignment and hinder users of their opposing alignment.

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2017 06:55 PM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthbane77

Alright, everybody seems to agree. Now, are there any quotes you guys can give me that support this? Need it to prove a point in another group.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2017 07:01 PM
UCanShootMyNova

1. The existence of Lightside nexuses and quotes that they diminish Darkside power.

"She had taken a world enjoying the normal flows between the light and the dark sides of the Force and twisted it out of balance. There was still darkness on Felucia, but it was stifled, frustrated, weakened." - The Force Unleashed.

2. The existence of neutral nexuses which amp all Force users.

"Dathomir sparkled like a rich topaz jewel, welcoming Tenel Ka as Luke piloted the Off Chance down into the atmosphere. Anticipation tingled through her. Regardless of the unhappy circum stances that brought them here, Tenel Ka could not help the feeling of pleasure and joy that throbbed through her veins with every beat of her heart. Home-home. Home-home.

Turbulence buffeted the blockade runner as they descended. Luke studied the displays on the navigation console and adjusted their course from time to time.

"It's been a long time since I made a visit to the Singing Mountain Clan," Luke said. "I don't remember exactly how to get there. I think I can get us close, but unless you happen to know the coordinates-"

Tenel Ka rattled off the numbers before he could finish his thought. At the same time, she leaned forward and entered the coordinates into the navicomp.

"I come here often," she explained. "It is my second home in the galaxy, but it is the first home of my heart."

"Yes," Luke said, "I can understand that."

As the Off Chance carried them to the home of the Singing Mountain Clan, they passed over shining oceans, lush forests, vast deserts, rolling hills, and wide fertile plains. Tenel Ka felt strength and energy flow through her, as if the very atmosphere of the planet had the power to recharge her." - Star Wars: Young Jedi Knights: Shadow Academy.

3. The existence of Darkside nexuses which amp Darksiders and hinder lightsiders.

"Not every dark side site is equal, and each is rated as a minor site, major site, or extreme site. Minor sites include the tomb of an ancient Sith Lord or the lair of a particularly powerful Sith creature. Major sites include the Valley of the Dark Lords on Korriban or the Cave on Dagobah. Extreme sites are very rare and are reserved for the most horrible of places, such as the demon moon of Dxun or battlefields where thousands of innocents were slaughtered or the blood of untold Sith and Jedi mingled, such as Ruusan." - The Jedi Academy Training Manual.

"Those connected to the light side of the Force find their powers diminished in these places, while those who wield the dark side are amazed at the strength that they gain, even as that energy overwhelms them." - The Jedi Training Academy Manual.

"The soldier is correct. The dark side is strong here... and it will grant its strength to the Sith." - Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords.

"I can sense the power from this place. It's like the light abandoned it long ago. I fear the Sith shall be very strong here." - Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords.

"The Naddists were aided immeasurably by the mystical up welling of dark-side power of Freedon Nadd still prevalent throughout Onderon." - Star Wars insider 27.

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2017 07:07 PM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthbane77

Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
1. The existence of Lightside nexuses and quotes that they diminish Darkside power.

"She had taken a world enjoying the normal flows between the light and the dark sides of the Force and twisted it out of balance. There was still darkness on Felucia, but it was stifled, frustrated, weakened." - The Force Unleashed.

2. The existence of neutral nexuses which amp all Force users.

"Dathomir sparkled like a rich topaz jewel, welcoming Tenel Ka as Luke piloted the Off Chance down into the atmosphere. Anticipation tingled through her. Regardless of the unhappy circum stances that brought them here, Tenel Ka could not help the feeling of pleasure and joy that throbbed through her veins with every beat of her heart. Home-home. Home-home.

Turbulence buffeted the blockade runner as they descended. Luke studied the displays on the navigation console and adjusted their course from time to time.

"It's been a long time since I made a visit to the Singing Mountain Clan," Luke said. "I don't remember exactly how to get there. I think I can get us close, but unless you happen to know the coordinates-"

Tenel Ka rattled off the numbers before he could finish his thought. At the same time, she leaned forward and entered the coordinates into the navicomp.

"I come here often," she explained. "It is my second home in the galaxy, but it is the first home of my heart."

"Yes," Luke said, "I can understand that."

As the Off Chance carried them to the home of the Singing Mountain Clan, they passed over shining oceans, lush forests, vast deserts, rolling hills, and wide fertile plains. Tenel Ka felt strength and energy flow through her, as if the very atmosphere of the planet had the power to recharge her." - Star Wars: Young Jedi Knights: Shadow Academy.

3. The existence of Darkside nexuses which amp Darksiders and hinder lightsiders.

"Not every dark side site is equal, and each is rated as a minor site, major site, or extreme site. Minor sites include the tomb of an ancient Sith Lord or the lair of a particularly powerful Sith creature. Major sites include the Valley of the Dark Lords on Korriban or the Cave on Dagobah. Extreme sites are very rare and are reserved for the most horrible of places, such as the demon moon of Dxun or battlefields where thousands of innocents were slaughtered or the blood of untold Sith and Jedi mingled, such as Ruusan." - The Jedi Academy Training Manual.

"Those connected to the light side of the Force find their powers diminished in these places, while those who wield the dark side are amazed at the strength that they gain, even as that energy overwhelms them." - The Jedi Training Academy Manual.

"The soldier is correct. The dark side is strong here... and it will grant its strength to the Sith." - Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords.

"I can sense the power from this place. It's like the light abandoned it long ago. I fear the Sith shall be very strong here." - Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords.

"The Naddists were aided immeasurably by the mystical up welling of dark-side power of Freedon Nadd still prevalent throughout Onderon." - Star Wars insider 27.
Nice, thanks.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2017 07:54 PM
The_Tempest

Originally posted by darthbane77
Nice, thanks.

In one of the FOTJ books, Luke and Jaina are diminished when fighting Sith on a dark side nexus. Something about even their reflexes being clogged.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2017 08:40 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthbane77

Originally posted by The_Tempest
In one of the FOTJ books, Luke and Jaina are diminished when fighting Sith on a dark side nexus. Something about even their reflexes being clogged.
thumb up

Old Post Nov 4th, 2017 09:20 PM