KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power

The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power
Started by: Bashar Teg

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ares834

Trailer is out.

Not much here but it looks more Hobbit than LotR...

Old Post Feb 14th, 2022 01:59 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

this looks good

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Feb 14th, 2022 10:10 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

"Something Something wokeness

Something Something WAAAAAAAA!!!"

- The usual suspects

Old Post Feb 15th, 2022 11:58 AM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Not a fan of this dwarf queen idea - she's just being shoehorned in the show for no reason. Completely unnecessary.

Has Amazon released any statement concerning the show's ties (or the lack of them) to Jackson's trilogies?

Old Post Feb 16th, 2022 05:11 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

This looks so bland and terrible.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2022 05:19 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Feb 16th, 2022 06:44 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Preview looks good, will definitely check it out.

It's set thousands of years before Jackson's LoTR and Hobbit trilogies. In Middle-earth's Second Age, when the rings where forged and then everything went to shit.

We're likely going to see the great battle of the "last alliance between Elves and Men", where Sauron was [temporarily] defeated. Could be epic.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Feb 16th, 2022 05:49 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Shame they're using such heavy CGI effects like The Hobbit rather than the more practical effects of the original trilogy.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2022 11:14 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

I'm looking forward to all the deviations from the established lore. Useless original characters, Galadriel Warrior Princess, black elf, and beardless dwarf lady were my favourite parts of the appendices. I really like the casting choices they made for Celebrimbor and Gil-Galad too, whoever those f*cking established characters are.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2022 07:51 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

The dwarf princess does actually have facial hair if you look closely. Just can't see it well in that photo because of the lighting. Mutton chops.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2022 08:45 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
This looks so bland and terrible.
laughing yes thumb up

Old Post Feb 17th, 2022 02:24 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
Now a proper Conan show... that should happen. Could be epic with the right directors, writers, actors.
Good god yes, **** the Witcher. Let's go to the main vein.
Originally posted by samhain
Did you ever see the live action TV show from the 90's? It was so bad it actually improves if you watch it in black and white, the hammy acting and effects feel right at home.
I found it unwatchable Sam.
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Tom Bombadil is a ****ing treasure.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2022 02:28 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

I'm looking forward to all the deviations from the established lore. Useless original characters, Galadriel Warrior Princess, black elf, and beardless dwarf lady were my favourite parts of the appendices. I really like the casting choices they made for Celebrimbor and Gil-Galad too, whoever those f*cking established characters are.

Don’t watch it then retard

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Feb 17th, 2022 02:47 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by BackFire
The dwarf princess does actually have facial hair if you look closely. Just can't see it well in that photo because of the lighting. Mutton chops.
Ahh, we've all snagged worse. shifty

Old Post Feb 17th, 2022 02:53 PM
ares834

It's only going to get worse. Apparently, Amazon doesn't even have the rights to the Silmarillion. Everything in this show is based only on LotR and its appendices

quote:
Originally posted by Carthage
Don't watch it then retard

NOOOO!!! HOW DARE YOU INSULT THOSE POOR MEGACORPS THAT ARE BASTARDIZING BELOVED PROPERTIES FOR A QUICK BUCK!!!

Old Post Feb 17th, 2022 03:16 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Never understood why people get so angry when someone else doesn't like a show or film they like.

It's not like I need the haters' approval to enjoy something, or potentially enjoy something as is the case here. Do fear this is going to get the Wheel of Time treatment though, cos that's mostly just dirty ass.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Feb 17th, 2022 05:57 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by carthage
Don’t watch it then retard
Just for you, baby. I'll watch it for you.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2022 06:32 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Just for you, baby. I'll watch it for you.

i will blow ur horn of Gondor

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Feb 17th, 2022 08:07 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by ares834
It's only going to get worse. Apparently, Amazon doesn't even have the rights to the Silmarillion. Everything in this show is based only on LotR and its appendices

That is correct. It's hardly news. Peter Jackson had the same problem.

That's why they're introducing plenty of "extras" such as that black dwarf queen and Isildur's sister and so on.

Originally posted by Robtard
We're likely going to see the great battle of the "last alliance between Elves and Men", where Sauron was [temporarily] defeated. Could be epic.

Watch the beginning of FotR. You're welcome. Amazon is not topping that and they know it.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2022 03:29 AM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Don't really have high hopes for this show TBH, I'll watch but in the same way you might watch a child relative sing or do a backflip or something.

'That's nice/impressive.'

Then I'll carry on with my life.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Feb 19th, 2022 01:18 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote