KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Spider-Man: Far from Home (2019)

Spider-Man: Far from Home (2019)
Started by: steverules_2

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (17): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Arachnid1

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/04...round-the-world

What Spidey rogue is a fit for globetrotting? I could kind of see Octavius being some kind of technological genius with pull and influence all over the world, but that’s about it. I don’t see Scorpion or Shocker in London. Oscorp could be an international company I guess since we haven’t seen it in the NY skyline. I’m honestly not sure who they’d go with for this.

Maybe it's a Civil War type deal where he gets pulled by the Avengers for a threat so it happens concurrently with Avengers 3 part 1 and 2, and he uses the time he's not with them to deal with his own problems? That would be kind of cool, except we'd have to have the Iron Spider for the entire movie and I'd rather he have his own suit by now.

Or better yet, maybe he is just on a high school trip and the entire movie is Kraven hunting him around the world. That would be damn cool.

PWNT

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2018 04:21 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Could literally be anyone. Would love it to be Ock, but I believe Feige has stated somewhere it will be a villain we havent seen yet on the big screen.

Just hope this is >>> Homecoming.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2018 08:09 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

It's way past time to have Kraven.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2018 08:52 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Scorpion seems like a likely contender for the next villain.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2018 09:01 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

And Vulture might eventually reappear, too.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2018 09:05 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

I'd say scorpion considering Mac Gargan was in HC but who knows

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2018 10:14 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Could literally be anyone. Would love it to be Ock, but I believe Feige has stated somewhere it will be a villain we havent seen yet on the big screen.
IDK it's seems kind of difficult to match a lot of Spidey's villains to globetrotting without changing everything about them. Most of them are low life thugs who operate out of NY. Then again, they changed everything about Vulture and gave him a clever new way of fitting the name, so I'm sure Marvel could pull it off.

Originally posted by Mindset
It's way past time to have Kraven.
Yeah, agreed. He's probably the least out there villain Spidey has, so he can't be too hard to translate. I'm just wondering how they'd explain him being able to fight with Spidey evenly (assuming he's not an enhanced human). They could just go all in on the hunting, traps, and maybe poison/hallucinogens to even the playing field. With the Kravenoff fortune, his narrow focus on hunting Spidey, and the fact that he's never shown up in a Spidey movie before, he really seems like the most likely fit.

Chameleon could fit too if they give him a worldwide espionage/spy for hire type story, but that would require a lot of coincidences to have Spidey on a field trip everywhere he hits. Plus, I don't think Chameleon could carry a movie by himself.

PWNT

Old Post Apr 24th, 2018 01:02 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheOneFirestorm

I really hope Shocker has the damn protection suit.

I'll be shocked if no Scorpion because of foreshadowing in a scene in Spider Man homecoming.

Elliot Ness from the Terrific Action Crime Drama Mob Movie The Untouchables

Old Post Apr 26th, 2018 03:38 AM
TheOneFirestorm is currently offline Click here to Send TheOneFirestorm a Private Message Find more posts by TheOneFirestorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Jake Gylenhaal is in talks to play Mysterio

https://screenrant.com/spider-man-h...nhaal-mysterio/

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post May 21st, 2018 05:34 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Hell yes!

Jake Gylenhaal is great. And I've been waiting for Mysterio for awhile.

Old Post May 21st, 2018 05:57 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Vultrue stole this movie. He was great. Peter was pretty fun when He was out actually doing Spider-man things. The Tween Angst and Tony/Daddy Issues got really old really fast (at least for me because I don't care about that shit). Only Spidey part of the movie that lagged for me was when He was locked up in the vault. Got boring. Glad I waited for DVD so I could fast forward thru the slow parts which there were many of... Same as Civil War actually.

Old Post May 21st, 2018 07:55 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Meh. Mysterio is such a cliche 60's villain. Even Kevin Smith's "Visionaries" run wasn't able to save Mysterio's reputation.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post May 21st, 2018 07:58 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by carthage
Jake Gylenhaal is in talks to play Mysterio

https://screenrant.com/spider-man-h...nhaal-mysterio/
I just saw this. Jake Gyllenhaal is a phenomenal actor, and Mysterio is one of the top 5 Spidey villains IMO.

Originally posted by Flyattractor
Vultrue stole this movie. He was great. Peter was pretty fun when He was out actually doing Spider-man things. The Tween Angst and Tony/Daddy Issues got really old really fast (at least for me because I don't care about that shit). Only Spidey part of the movie that lagged for me was when He was locked up in the vault. Got boring. Glad I waited for DVD so I could fast forward thru the slow parts which there were many of... Same as Civil War actually.
I actually liked those parts. They put focus on Petes character, and you can't have Spidey without Parkers double life unlike someone like Batman.

Plus, Pete is best realized part of the Spidey in the MCU so far IMO. Holland played that part perfectly. His Spidey still needs work, but he nailed Peter Parker.

PWNT

Old Post May 21st, 2018 08:21 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

not the biggest fan of Gyllenhaal but if he does indeed sign on the dotted line then Mysterio wil be much better portrayed on screen than he is in the comics

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post May 21st, 2018 08:46 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr Will Hatch

I always thought it would be cool if they could get Tom Savini to play Mysterio, but this is great casting if it goes through. Jake is the bomb. Never once gave anything less than a good performance.

Old Post May 21st, 2018 10:18 PM
Dr Will Hatch is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Will Hatch a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Will Hatch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

I guess that confirms Jake isnt playing Batman.

Old Post May 21st, 2018 10:58 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Last I heard Affleck wants back in, so likely no Jake.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post May 21st, 2018 11:59 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Oh goodie, a sequel to one of last years worst movies.

I didn't think the third Toby movie could be outdone in awfulness, but Homecoming managed it. Quite the feat.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 22nd, 2018 12:08 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Also read the Micheal Keaton to appear again in the sequel.

Old Post May 22nd, 2018 02:18 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Robtard
Last I heard Affleck wants back in, so likely no Jake.

next week ben will say he wants out lol

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post May 22nd, 2018 02:23 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote