KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Sutherland Springs, TX shooting

Sutherland Springs, TX shooting
Started by: cdtm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (15): « First ... « 13 14 [15]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dadudemon
I thought Robtard addressed this, already? Someone in the congregation grabbed the gun and he dropped it. It wasn't the person who had the gun that got him to stop.

The narrative in the news has changed at least three times now, I think at one point it was two people who intervened, one with their own rifle and another who grabbed the guy’s gun. Why it’s best to wait a few days so the BS can get filtered out. Not sure what the official report is now.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Nov 8th, 2017 03:38 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Hmmm... Looks like a Law Might have been able to stop this Trajedy...but gusses which Political Party Put a STOP TO TO IT?

Democrats Stopped the Gunman from BEING STOPPED! SHOCKING!

....and let the Lefty Spin Begin!

rolling on floor laughing

Old Post Nov 8th, 2017 07:34 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Afro Cheese

Originally posted by Emperordmb
Except the single motherhood rate in the black community grew pretty drastically around the same time the civil rights movement made many of it's great strides. The single motherhood rate in black communities was actually lower back then. Is America more racist now than it was in the sixties and if so how did that happen?
Couldn't that just be related to the 'sexual liberation' that happened around the same time as the civil rights movement?

Old Post Nov 8th, 2017 10:39 PM
Afro Cheese is currently offline Click here to Send Afro Cheese a Private Message Find more posts by Afro Cheese Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Afro Cheese

The gun control in place if properly implemented would've stopped him.
I'm very skeptical of that claim. Maybe we could make it a bit harder for these mass shooters. But it's hard to imagine a policy that would prevent them altogether.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2017 10:43 PM
Afro Cheese is currently offline Click here to Send Afro Cheese a Private Message Find more posts by Afro Cheese Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by Afro Cheese
Couldn't that just be related to the 'sexual liberation' that happened around the same time as the civil rights movement?

I already addressed this:
quote:
You're confusing the removal of legal oppression for the removal of systematic issues.

What you're missing is that in the seventies and eighties there was a backlash against all that progress. Not mainly direct policy, but indirectly through financial policy.

America became financially conservative and started valuing individual success over widespread improvement. The thinking was "poor people are poor because they want to be poor. Homeless people are homeless because they want to be homeless". Public housing was killed, social services were massively cutback, and people dumped shelters and garbage and waste on poor communities giving up on them as they considered them a lost cause. Gentrification was allowed to destroy and relocate poor and working class people from their homes. School intergration was killed despite it improving the prospects of both black and white students. When people tried to build low incomes for poor minorities in middle class white communities, people got pissed and stopped that sh!t.

In short, we stopped giving a sh!t about the impoverished and bottom of our society, and that had quite a bit to do with racism. which ended up fcking up minorities disproportionately.'

And even today, alot of that systematic problem goes on utterly unaddressed.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2017 10:45 PM
Rockydonovang is currently offline Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

I'm very skeptical of that claim. Maybe we could make it a bit harder for these mass shooters. But it's hard to imagine a policy that would prevent them altogether.

Except if the policy in place was implemented properly, meaning if there wasn't someone in the government who ****ed up at doing their job, the background check would've actually turned up bad shit on this guy and he wouldn't have been able to purchase the gun.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Nov 8th, 2017 10:51 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

It very well could be, the idea that the single motherhood rate is the way it is "becuz oppression!" isn't an argument I've seen compelling evidence for is my point.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Nov 8th, 2017 10:52 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Afro Cheese

Except if the policy in place was implemented properly, meaning if there wasn't someone in the government who ****ed up at doing their job, the background check would've actually turned up bad shit on this guy and he wouldn't have been able to purchase the gun.
That might have prevented him from buying the gun that he bought. I just tend to think that the kind of psycho that is going to shoot up a bunch of random people would just get a gun on the black market if they had to.

Also, it seems likely that there are probably other mass shooters out there who wouldn't necessarily fail said background test. I'm not saying that I wouldn't support such a measure, btw. I just think that these shootings will likely continue regardless.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2017 11:00 PM
Afro Cheese

It very well could be, the idea that the single motherhood rate is the way it is "becuz oppression!" isn't an argument I've seen compelling evidence for is my point.
Oh. I thought you were implying it was a result of the civil rights movement.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2017 11:00 PM
Afro Cheese

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
I already addressed this:
I saw that post but it doesn't really answer the question I posed.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2017 11:02 PM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Address my response if you would

Old Post Nov 8th, 2017 11:04 PM
Rockydonovang is currently offline Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

I saw that post but it doesn't really answer the question I posed.

Oh, I don't know sh!t about sexual liberation, but I was hoping to get DMB to respond to my response to his question.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2017 11:06 PM
Flyattractor

The LEFTY MEDIA LIES ABOUT THE SSS!?? How shocked should I pretend to be?

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 07:18 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Oh, I don't know sh!t about sexual liberation, but I was hoping to get DMB to respond to my response to his question.

It all comes down to money.

A lot of this comes down to things outside the governments control. Or maybe the ability to handle.

If budget's are short, the most vulnerable are the first to suffer. Homeless shelters close, benefits dry up, public works are stalled..

All comes down to money.

And on jobs, it's worse. Companies are cash cows for investors at best, ponzi schemes at worst, and the "human resources" don't factor into it. If a company can be run with 100% automated labor, that's what will happen.

It all comes down to money.

The gentrification that displaces the poor makes other people less poor. Or even wealthy. That's why it happens.. The governnent can't really prevent it from happening. A bunch of trust fund babies or ultra privileged kids with deep pockets decide to buy into a new strip with a Whole Foods, several micro brews some clubs, some excitement, and a lot of job prospects for the well educated, what can you do about it? Force them out, or else?

Nothing to be done.

The only way things will change, is if the poor learn to become Carl Ichons and get some backing, or if a bunch of rich altruists pool their resources, become very active in politics, set up jobs that look at human beings as more then a means to personal wealth, and basically do their level best to live for people other then their friends, family, and lifestyle.

Good luck with that. Even supposedy "liberal" university professors openly admit their pensions rank higher on their concerns then any social issue, to their shame.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 02:33 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthSkywalker0
The Insane Jedi Master

None of your quotes argue anything regarding how well regulated or unregulated guns should be. The quote that comes closest is from Ben Franklin. However that still get syou nowhere because the key qualifiers present are "temporary" and "essential". As the constitution doesn't protect guns from regulation, unregulated guns aren't "essential" liberties.

Simply put, your quotes are meaningless and aren't relevant to what I'm arguing.

Furthermore, none of this addresses that the constitution itself calls for regulation of the "militia" which as you've addressed applies to all people now. [/B]

Well, Kbro before I begin my response I have a question for you how much do you know about the constitution? We know any handgun ban is unconstitutional based on the Georgia ruling of 1837. Georgia passes a law banning handguns. The law is ruled unconstitutional by the U.S. Supreme Court and is thrown out.

George Washington and Noah Webster made this very clear on their thoughts on this subject made this very clear:

quote:

To disarm the people...[i]s the most effectual way to enslave them."
- George Mason, referencing advice given to the British Parliament by Pennsylvania governor Sir William Keith, The Debates in the Several State Conventions on the Adoption of the Federal Constitution, June 14, 1788

quote:

The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of the people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any band of regular troops."
- Noah Webster, An Examination of the Leading Principles of the Federal Constitution, October 10, 1787

"Well-regulated" did not mean the same thing in 1789. The Oxford dictionary from this time period makes this abundantly clear.

1812: "The equation of time ... is the adjustment of the difference of time as shown by a well-regulated clock and a true sun dial."

1848: "A remissness for which I am sure every well-regulated person will blame the Mayor."

1862: "It appeared to her well-regulated mind, like a clandestine proceeding."

1894: "The newspaper, a never wanting adjunct to every well-regulated American embryo city."

The wording well-regulated means in common order. It referred to the property of something being in proper working order. Most constitutional scholars agree on this point. It was the growth of the administrated state which coined this term to mean proper legislation. Here is a podcast which extrapolates upon this further:

https://secure-hwcdn.libsyn.com/p/e...26d9ecb89b21336

Old Post Nov 20th, 2017 06:11 PM
DarthSkywalker0 is currently offline Click here to Send DarthSkywalker0 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthSkywalker0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by cdtm

Nothing to be done.

-> Finish school integration which improved he scores of both black and white students. America fcked up big time with segregation and never finished up cleaning up the mess.

-> Invest in education in underperforming schools

-> Implement rent Stabilized Housing

-> Allow people to stoop on abandoned lots

-> Raise the minimum wage, There's no reason someone working full time should be unable to afford rent

-> Making Voting free and make Voter ID's easily accessible to everyone

-> Make sure there are enough voting booths

-> Make election day a national holiday(duh)

-> Fix this BS, "Voting is a privilege not a right" nonsense

-> Popular Vote(eventually, long term)

-> Allow ex-convicts to vote everywhere

-> Don't arrest people for sh!t like weed

-> Don't let minor crimes get on permanent records

-> Ban privately run prisons

-> Focus prison on rehabilitation rather than punishment. A reason why we waste so much money with the criminal justice system is criminals keep getting back

-> Create programs which help ex-convicts get back into society

-> Eliminate the bail system which allows the law to discriminate based on finances

-> Encourage Neiborhood redevelopment with grassroot programs rather than the work of corporations

-> Don't just dump homeless shelters and dumps onto already struggling communities like the Bronx (they have the largest amount of landfills despite being relatively small). Spread these fairly around so that you don't keep devaluing already struggling communities

-> Do away with partisan gerrymandering which regularly reduces the power of the under represented

-> Disallow superpacs which ensure Cooporations get a disproportionate voice in the government

-> Address lobbying

-> Hold banks accountable, make sure they don't get special legal protection normal people don't

There's plenty of sh!t we can do.

Last edited by Rockydonovang on Nov 20th, 2017 at 10:36 PM

Old Post Nov 20th, 2017 10:22 PM