KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Sutherland Springs, TX shooting

Sutherland Springs, TX shooting
Started by: cdtm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (15): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Robtard
Senor Member

The Right spin machine has already started with the the shooter being a member of Antifa and/or a "Leftist", just like they did with the Las Vegas shooter. Not surprised.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Nov 6th, 2017 08:28 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
The Right spin machine has already started with the the shooter being a member of Antifa and/or a "Leftist", just like they did with the Las Vegas shooter. Not surprised.

what disgusting and vile lowlifes. thumb down

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2017 08:37 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by jaden101
Start by making it an offence to sell guns to anywhere but authorised second hand dealerships who then resell and reregister with new owners.

I agree things like this should be enacted, though I will point out some states do take some measures. For instance in my state..it is only legal to privately sell a gun to someone who has a "Firearm Owners Identification Card". A person cannot get said card without a background check.

quote:
Make guns have fingerprint locking so only the legally registered owner can fire it. If you can lock a phone with a fingerprint how hard can it be to lock a gun?

And this technology will indeed be a great safety measure to implement...once the process is perfected, of course. Since I'm sure you'd agree if there is a chance the gun might not unlock when a person needs it, like say when their life is in danger, that is a pretty big issue.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2017 08:39 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

And some on the left already started the spin machine by blaming Republicans.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2017 08:40 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

it's not like they're trying to keep guns in the hands of the mentally ill coz 'freedoms', right? RIGHT?

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2017 08:41 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
it's not like they're trying to keep guns in the hands of the mentally ill coz 'freedoms', right? RIGHT?

Did you feel what you just typed justifies blaming republicans for this? Adorable.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2017 08:45 PM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Surtur
I agree things like this should be enacted, though I will point out some states do take some measures. For instance in my state..it is only legal to privately sell a gun to someone who has a "Firearm Owners Identification Card". A person cannot get said card without a background check.

And this technology will indeed be a great safety measure to implement...once the process is perfected, of course. Since I'm sure you'd agree if there is a chance the gun might not unlock when a person needs it, like say when their life is in danger, that is a pretty big issue.

Is there a mechanism for rescinding the card if a previously legal owner is banned from owning guns after being convicted of a felony? Do they have to hand that card over to the police? Are they easily counterfeited?

As for the technology. It not being "perfect" isn't a reason to not implement a safety feature. Brakes on cars fail on occasion. Is that a reason to not put brakes on cars?

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Last edited by jaden101 on Nov 6th, 2017 at 08:48 PM

Old Post Nov 6th, 2017 08:45 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Is there a mechanism for rescinding the card if a previously legal owner is banned from owning guns after being convicted of a felony? Do they have to hand that card over to the police? Are they easily counterfeited?

Yes there is, no idea about how easily counterfeited they are,also about gun shows too: Police must conduct background check on prospective buyer before firearms are transferred at gun shows. Seller must check validity of buyer's FOID card.

For a private sale, the seller needs to check for it. I'm not saying the laws can't be better, just saying some states do have some stipulations.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2017 08:46 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Who's in control of all three branches of the government right now? Who has historically voted for fewer and fewer gun regulations? And if we're doing the standard "he's mentally ill" excuse cos he's a White man, who has voted to lesson restrictions on gun owners who have a history of mental illness?

The answer is indeed "Republicans".

Old Post Nov 6th, 2017 08:47 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

As I've said before, you can do numerous things. Start by making it an offence to sell guns to anywhere but authorised second hand dealerships who then resell and reregister with new owners.

Good luck enforcing that... seriously. You can legislate it, and I don't think I'd be against that, but that would be such an easy law to circumvent it's ridiculous to suggest it would actually put a serious dent in gun homicide deaths.

Make guns have fingerprint locking so only the legally registered owner can fire it. If you can lock a phone with a fingerprint how hard can it be to lock a gun?

And could you not see why many people would be opposed to this?

You'd be hurting the entire industry, you'd be putting seriously restrictive constraints on the manufacturers of the guns, which would drive production costs and prices up.

You'd also be making things more difficult for gun-owners, since these "smart guns" would require a power source to function, and since they aren't purely mechanical and have a "smart" function as well the upkeep and maintenance of the weapon would be significantly more difficult as well. Also if my friend is hunting with his dad, or I'm with my friend on his private property at a shooting range, would they not be able to share their private property with me in that instance? Seems like a pain in the ass for gun owners.

Not to mention, on numerous occasions I've had to rescan my fingerprint to access my phone because my finger had something on it, or I didn't hold it to the scanner in exactly the right way, or I was sweaty, or something like that. If this happens with my phone, no problem, I can rescan it or type in the code and it's fine. If it happens with a gun while I'm in a really tense life or death situation, then I'm ****ed. Seems like something that could reduce someone's chances of survival in a life death situation.

And then once again, are you proposing we confiscate all guns that don't have this measure, because if not you'd be leaving a ****ton of the regular guns in circulation and if so you'd be seriously infringing on the property rights of law abiding citizens and you'd fail to actually confiscate anywhere near all of them anyways.

And then of course, if someone can modify a gun with a bumpstock, if people can disassemble and reassemble guns, what's to stop a person whose good enough with this shit from removing or circumventing this modification?

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Nov 6th, 2017 08:47 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Did you feel what you just typed justifies blaming republicans for this? Adorable.

i blame their voting record for the general trend, however i believe that this particular gunman had his firearms license revoked (despite the tireless effort of the GOP to preserve the right of the mentally ill to bear arms.)

Old Post Nov 6th, 2017 08:48 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Who's in control of all three branches of the government right now? Who has historically voted for fewer and fewer gun regulations? And if we're doing the standard "he's mentally ill" excuse cos he's a White man, who has voted to lesson restrictions on gun owners who have a history of mental illness?

The answer is indeed "Republicans".

So just to be clear: it's perfectly reasonable to blame Republicans for this? Gotcha.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2017 08:49 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

People keep bringing up the mental illness thing, but as I recall that was because of the wide variety of things that could prevent one from getting a firearm.

You act like they are saying they want to put guns in the hands of mentally deranged people.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2017 08:51 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

the mental illness thing

that silly thing that has proven to be TOTALLY inconsequential, eh? (because imagination and fee-fees)

Old Post Nov 6th, 2017 08:54 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

So just to be clear: it's perfectly reasonable to blame Republicans for this? Gotcha.

^ Avoids my facts, good

jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Emperordmb
Good luck enforcing that... seriously. You can legislate it, and I don't think I'd be against that, but that would be such an easy law to circumvent it's ridiculous to suggest it would actually put a serious dent in gun homicide deaths.

And could you not see why many people would be opposed to this?

You'd be hurting the entire industry, you'd be putting seriously restrictive constraints on the manufacturers of the guns, which would drive production costs and prices up.

You'd also be making things more difficult for gun-owners, since these "smart guns" would require a power source to function, and since they aren't purely mechanical and have a "smart" function as well the upkeep and maintenance of the weapon would be significantly more difficult as well. Also if my friend is hunting with his dad, or I'm with my friend on his private property at a shooting range, would they not be able to share their private property with me in that instance? Seems like a pain in the ass for gun owners.

Not to mention, on numerous occasions I've had to rescan my fingerprint to access my phone because my finger had something on it, or I didn't hold it to the scanner in exactly the right way, or I was sweaty, or something like that. If this happens with my phone, no problem, I can rescan it or type in the code and it's fine. If it happens with a gun while I'm in a really tense life or death situation, then I'm ****ed. Seems like something that could reduce someone's chances of survival in a life death situation.

And then once again, are you proposing we confiscate all guns that don't have this measure, because if not you'd be leaving a ****ton of the regular guns in circulation and if so you'd be seriously infringing on the property rights of law abiding citizens and you'd fail to actually confiscate anywhere near all of them anyways.

And then of course, if someone can modify a gun with a bumpstock, if people can disassemble and reassemble guns, what's to stop a person whose good enough with this shit from removing or circumventing this modification?

I've addressed every single one of those points before in numerous threads.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

People keep bringing up the mental illness thing, but as I recall that was because of the wide variety of things that could prevent one from getting a firearm.

You act like they are saying they want to put guns in the hands of mentally deranged people.

Also what does that change? There could be republicans who don't want the mentally ill to be restricted from having guns, yet the mentally ill are restricted from having guns. Whether or not some republicans oppose certain reasonable gun control measures already in place is not valid or defensible evidence that we need more gun control measures. Let me repeat, this character attack does nothing to validate arguments for more gun control.

It's the same thing when pro-choice people go "Those damn republicans aren't in support of welfare and nationalized healthcare!" So ****ing what, a character attack is completely irrelevant to any discussion about anything other than the character. Maybe you can prove a point that someone's a piece of shit but it doesn't actually change the arguments as to whether a specific piece of policy or stance is valid or invalid.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Nov 6th, 2017 08:56 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
that silly thing that has proven to be TOTALLY inconsequential, eh? (because imagination and fee-fees)

*sigh* You and your pals continually mislead people about this. If a person has been deemed as a danger to themselves OR to others they cannot legally purchase a gun.

Under the Obama rule(that got repealed), information from the Social Security Administration regarding mental disability benefits would be added to the National Instant Criminal Background Check database for use in firearm background checks.

Even liberal rags like Vox have articles like this:

Why disabilities rights activists like me sided with the NRA on an Obama gun control rule

Old Post Nov 6th, 2017 09:00 PM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

The shooter passed criminal background and fingerprint checks needed to purchase a gun despite being dishonourably discharged from the military for domestic abuse. So as far as solutions are concerned maybe you guys should start there.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2017 09:16 PM
Beniboybling is currently offline Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Ignore the above:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...re_iOSApp_Other

The obvious solution is that priests should start packing heat. sad

Old Post Nov 6th, 2017 09:20 PM
Beniboybling is currently offline Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote