KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » The new Marvel Cinematic Universe and its future

The new Marvel Cinematic Universe and its future
Started by: BruceSkywalker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (20): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

X Men/FF Could be Coming Home

Disney has had talks on and off about acquiring 20th Century Fox and 21st Century Fox...

http://comicbook.com/movies/2017/11...tar-wars-marvel

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Nov 6th, 2017 10:29 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

If the deal goes through 21st Century Fox would probably need some independence clause so anti-trust laws don't get triggered.

Like what WB does with New Line.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2017 10:47 PM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Lol Marvel getting fed up of shorty Fantastic Four films and Silver Surfer Just sitting on the bench for years one end, and they be like f*** it, we’ll ask Disney to buy the whole company.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2017 11:03 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

laughing out loud

Make mine Marvel.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2017 11:11 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Nov 7th, 2017 09:11 AM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Screw Fox.

Silver Surfer never coming home sad

Old Post Nov 7th, 2017 12:04 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I can understand Fox wanting to hang onto the X-Men stuff, because they make a lot of money from it, and actually produce some good things (Deadpool, Logan, Legion etc.) on occasion. But the F4? Just stop torturing everyone and let them return where they belong.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2017 02:24 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
But the F4? Just stop torturing everyone and let them return where they belong.

It's not just the bad F4 films (which does annoy me). But it's just hanging on to Silver Surfer and Galactus for so many decades and doing squat with them. That just infuriates me. Like literally someone at Fox ought to be shot for that.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2017 02:46 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Well, I mean the F4 and all their associated characters. Because, based on my understanding of what Kevin Feige said about the Disney/Fox "joint custody" on some things, Marvel can use races like the Skrulls, Watchers etc. in general, but not characters specifically associated with the F4/X-Men, like Uatu, Kl'rt etc. So, getting back the F4 should mean getting even those characters back.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2017 02:50 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Well, I mean the F4 and all their associated characters. Because, based on my understanding of what Kevin Feige said about the Disney/Fox "joint custody" on some things, Marvel can use races like the Skrulls, Watchers etc. in general, but not characters specifically associated with the F4/X-Men, like Uatu, Kl'rt etc. So, getting back the F4 should mean getting even those characters back.

I know just saying, because Surfer should be with Marvel. And it's not like Fox are even giving us a shitty Surfer. They're doing squat with him. One attempt 10 years ago, and nothing since then.

Also IIRC Marvel tried to make a deal with them years ago when they were about to lose the Daredevil rights, that Fox can keep Daredevil if they give Marvel Galactus and the Silver Surfer. But Fox refused.

So they know Marvel want those characters, but are just holding onto to them out of spite.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2017 02:55 PM
Ursumeles
Traitor

I don't care for the F4, and a teamup of X-Men and Avengers would probably to big for one movie, but I want Galactus and Surfer ffs

Old Post Nov 7th, 2017 04:09 PM
Ursumeles is currently offline Click here to Send Ursumeles a Private Message Find more posts by Ursumeles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Glad I didn’t get my hopes up.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2017 05:19 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by carthage
Deal is dead

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...-dead-cnbc-says

in the words of Vader...

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Nov 7th, 2017 11:05 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

One thing everyone is forgetting is that Marvel/Disney had full rights to making X-Men related tv shows and also merchandise.
Somehow Marvel/Disney allowed Fox to make Xmen tv shows now.
Fox had to give up something for that, since that alone is pretty big for Disney to give up and get nothing in return.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2017 07:05 AM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Inhuman
One thing everyone is forgetting is that Marvel/Disney had full rights to making X-Men related tv shows

Do you know that for sure?

I was under the impression both companies were needed. Something like Marvel had Tv rights, but Fox had Live action rights, so it could only be done by a collaboration between the 2 companies.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2017 11:48 AM
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

In order for Fox to be able to make a TV show about the X-Men they had to get Marvel's permission for Marvel to write it off in order for them to be able to do it.

We know that X-Men now has a TV series with Legion and whatever else they are going to released. And we know these kind of agreements or deals are not one-sided. One party get something and the other one gets something in return.

Last edited by Inhuman on Nov 8th, 2017 at 05:16 PM

Old Post Nov 8th, 2017 05:13 PM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ Ah right I thought it was some sort of joint venture, given all the Marvel Tv producer names involved.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2017 05:18 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Reading the deal hasn't been abandoned just yet.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2017 01:38 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Great news we get to see the Xmen make funny sarcastic quips and Wolverine will have Baby Groot dance on his shoulder!

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Nov 11th, 2017 02:30 AM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Yeah much better we keep getting crap like Apocalypse.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2017 02:57 AM